ODLXLVIII Evals **HALFWAY DONE WITH PREDICTIONS!** Topic

This is getting funnier, I'm in the DH52 checking the leader board today. As stated earlier Jabbar & Tmac are neck'n neck for the scoring title, my Wilt is tied for MVP with Jabbar and I just noticed my Deron Williams is the #1 assist player..Mo Cheeks is #2.  oooops again 
7/7/2014 4:17 PM
I admire your enthusiasm.
The leader board in another league where those guys are on different teams will have little impact on your team, however. 
Also, wrong Kareem.
Good luck!

7/7/2014 8:30 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/7/2014 4:17:00 PM (view original):
This is getting funnier, I'm in the DH52 checking the leader board today. As stated earlier Jabbar & Tmac are neck'n neck for the scoring title, my Wilt is tied for MVP with Jabbar and I just noticed my Deron Williams is the #1 assist player..Mo Cheeks is #2.  oooops again 
dont count out durant from that scoring race just yet...hes not too far behind those guys

and you can crush those mo cheeks apg pipe dreams right now...stockton is having none of that nonsense haha

7/7/2014 8:45 PM

I think your missing the point. In the DH52 I drafted Wilt/Tmac/Deron and they're on the same team, here it's Jabbar/Tmac/Cheeks. IMO this team will run a similar stat line and may be stronger on offense. The DH52 team is different in as much as Wilt is the ultimate role player verses Jabbar the ultimate offensive threat. I don't need the '71' Jabbar w/tmac on the team, so I took the orbs/def instead. I don't see many teams with two real +30ppg starters, with the spacing and help they need to excel. I like the team and hope it's competative, we'll see....

7/8/2014 4:37 AM (edited)
btw - IT'S NEVER THE WRONG JABBAR. lmao
7/7/2014 9:11 PM
Posted by dh555 on 7/7/2014 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by smokey57 on 7/7/2014 4:17:00 PM (view original):
dont count out durant from that scoring race just yet...hes not too far behind those guys

and you can crush those mo cheeks apg pipe dreams right now...stockton is having none of that nonsense haha

DH I was amazed that Deron Williams was #1 in apg, and who wouldn't have laugh at the thought of Tmac @ 55%efg 40 games in. Clearly Tmac at the 2 with a strong ast feed pays big. I've been waiting for McGrady to drop off the 55% for 30 gms, but it's been a rock solid 54-56% all season. Well for the most part I think all the pieces are in place..now we see what sparky thinks.
7/7/2014 9:24 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 7/7/2014 9:11:00 PM (view original):
btw - IT'S NEVER THE WRONG JABBAR. lmao
There's like 17 wrong Jabbars. Names mean nothing in this game, it's all about the numbers. Only two or three Jabbars are really worth using in most leagues: one's a partial minute version that's handy in lower cap or open leagues, one is a 3600-minute offensive monster, and one has good numbers but does almost nothing worth not using the 3600 minute version (a smidge higher rb% in 300 less minutes & a little bit higher defense).  When you take Jabbar early in the 1st, you don't take tmac and change to a lesser version (same as Nate taking Wilt and using a different one because he messed up drafting later). You're basically hamstringing him by taking a higher usage / lower efficiency guy and then hamstringing yourself by using a higher cost-per-minute version (actually, they are almost the same cost per minute, my bad).  As for all the rest of the stuff you said, no, actually, you're missing the point, but it's not worth arguing further about:  You'll either prove me wrong, or you'll prove yourself wrong.

7/7/2014 11:37 PM (edited)
Actually I didn't change anything, it was the '70' Jabbar from the get go because I wanted the 130%orbs and def83. The first 5 round were great, I got the players wanted. I got kill'd in the 6th round though, I wanted Vince Carter or Mark Price to back-up McGrady, but noooooo coach pinches them both. Elei, now to be known as "Elei the Bum" snak'd my Dudley..wtf nobody ever snakes Dudley. And then the low life bastard parks him in my division. But I'm alright with that..no honest, It's not like he needs to hide for the next 8 games or anything like that....
7/8/2014 5:07 AM
whadd'r'u smokin', smokey?
7/8/2014 8:10 AM
Does it matter what he is smoking? You guys just need to be aware that I am # 1 on the waiting list for next season! So you were all warned in advance of what is coming. Game on fish baits!
7/8/2014 2:40 PM
Well, we've long established you have unorthodox ways of putting teams together, so... good luck.
7/8/2014 4:23 PM
Unorthodox??? I've had 3 teams in the ODL. They all won at least 50 games and they all won the division titles. But, they all got knocked off in the 2nd round in the playoffs. I don't need any luck just a chance to get back in the league. It still makes me sick to my stomach that natenoy copy catted my "unorthodox" $52 million league winner with Wilt and Kobe swapped out Deron Williams for Ray Allen and won an ODL title.

7/9/2014 1:40 AM (edited)
Posted by vancem on 7/9/2014 1:40:00 AM (view original):
Unorthodox??? I've had 3 teams in the ODL. They all won at least 50 games and they all won the division titles. But, they all got knocked off in the 2nd round in the playoffs. I don't need any luck just a chance to get back in the league. It still makes me sick to my stomach that natenoy copy catted my "unorthodox" $52 million league winner with Wilt and Kobe swapped out Deron Williams for Ray Allen and won an ODL title.

sorry, vance, I didn't even see your post.  I was talking to smokey.
7/9/2014 2:11 AM
Posted by vancem on 7/9/2014 1:40:00 AM (view original):

Vance that's funny, I just joined the DH52 and put together a Wilt/Tmac/Deron Williams team. It looks like it should make the PO's.
7/9/2014 3:29 AM
Postage- are you still planning on doing the predictions for the other conference?
7/11/2014 8:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
ODLXLVIII Evals **HALFWAY DONE WITH PREDICTIONS!** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.