SOTF: Winner Announced Topic

We are going to get a head start on the next challenge, but will not begin until after Labor Day. You will be predicting statistics for 6 different games on Thursday. Each team member will be responsible for one of their team's games. I will post the specifics for the challenge on Tuesday.

For now, I need each team member to select ONE game. Post your choice in the thread. Each game can only be select once by each team. Do not select a game that someone else on your team has already chosen.

Anybody who has not selected a game by the time I post the challenge (Tuesday night) will be randomly assigned to a game.

Game Team 1 Player Team 2 Player
CFB: Arizona at UTSA  amorak  nyaggie
NFL: Green Bay at Seattle  bobprobert  stevedotdec
MLB: St. Louis at Milwaukee  redraider  2legit
FIBA: USA vs. Ukraine  thebish  tropicana
US Open Tennis: Men's Quarterfinal Match  dublinuf  primetime
Golf: BMW Championship  pokerdonk  gmc_sierra

Teams (captains first):

Team 1:
pokerdonk
dublinuf
amorak
thebish
redraider68
bobprobert

Team 2:
nyaggie98
gmc_sierra
stevedotdec
primetime27
2legit
tropicana

9/1/2014 3:11 PM (edited)
CFB: Arizona at UTSA
8/31/2014 11:54 AM (edited)
MLB: STL/MIL
8/31/2014 11:56 AM
Stl/mil
8/31/2014 12:07 PM
GB/sea
8/31/2014 12:16 PM
NFL: Green Bay at Seattle
8/31/2014 12:56 PM
Really, the diehard Packer fan doesn't get the Packer game?  Sigh...USA vs Ukraine...
8/31/2014 3:11 PM
I'll take tennis
8/31/2014 3:56 PM
CFB: Arizona at UTSA
8/31/2014 5:58 PM
Steve and I are trading, if that's allowed.
8/31/2014 7:49 PM
I don't care with no Seahawks, so tennis I suppose.
8/31/2014 8:42 PM
I will take the golf
8/31/2014 8:49 PM
I took the CFB game. It's not reflected on the list yet.
9/1/2014 2:49 PM
Posted by amorak on 9/1/2014 2:49:00 PM (view original):
I took the CFB game. It's not reflected on the list yet.
Sorry...totally missed that.

The challenge will be posted tomorrow evening, and it will be due on Wednesday evening.  Everybody will have to submit something, so make sure to check the forum before Wed evening.  
9/1/2014 3:15 PM
Predict That Stat Challenge

Elimination Info - 3 people go to elimination:
-worst kill score on losing team
-worst kill score on winning team
-winning team votes one more from losing team

Each team will be predicting statistics in 6 of Thursday’s games/matches. Each game will have 3 stats that need to be predicted. One member from each team is assigned to a game. These two members will be “bidding” to see who gets to predict each stat. I will send a sitemail to each player with the 3 statistics they are to bid on. They will send a sitemail back saying, “I can predict that stat within _____”. To make things easier for me, they will also include their prediction next to each bid. The player with the lowest bid will have to predict the statistic. If the actual statistic is within the bid amount (high or low) of the prediction, then they will earn a point for their team. If it is not within the range, then the other team earns that point. The team with the most points wins the challenge.

Example:
San Antonio vs. LA Lakers – combined points for T.Duncan & T.Parker…
Player A – “I can predict that stat within 7 (prediction - 45 points)”
Player B – “I can predict that stat within 5 (prediction - 48 points)”
Player B wins the bid and must have a prediction within 5 points (high or low). Their prediction is 48 points. For Player B to win a point, the actual combined points must be between 43 and 53. Let’s say the total combined points for Duncan & Parker was 35. Player B’s prediction was incorrect, so Tribe A earns the point.

A few notes:
-Your bids and predictions must be whole numbers. Some bids will require percentages.
-If you bid “within 0”, then your prediction must be exact.
-If both players make the same “within” bid, then both players will play their prediction. Each player will earn a point if their prediction is within the appropriate range, but no points will be transferred to the other team if incorrect.
-If a player fails to submit their bids, then the other player for that game will play his prediction. They will earn a point each time their prediction is within the appropriate range, but no points will be transferred to the other team if incorrect.

TB1: Team with most correct predictions within appropriate range (must have won or tied bid to count)
TB2: Team with most EXACT predictions hit "on the nose" (must have won or tied bid to count)
TB3: Order of submission for team

Kill Picks - Submitted by Everybody:
KP1: Pick Over/Under on the following 5 NFL prop bets
a) Jordy Nelson (GB): 63.5 receiving yards
b) Marshawn Lynch (Sea): 71.5 rushing yards
c) Russell Wilson (Sea): 1.5 TD passes
d) Seattle Defense: 330.5 yards allowed
e) Aaron Rodgers: 205.5 passing yards
KP2: Total combined points in the USA vs. Ukraine basketball game

You will receive a sitemail later tonight containing the 3 statistics in which you are bidding. Bids must be sitemailed back to me by tomorrow (Wed) night at 11:59pm EST.

Here is an EXAMPLE from a previous Survivor, although a few of the rules have been tweaked this time (see "a few notes").
9/2/2014 9:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29|30|31...52 Next ▸
SOTF: Winner Announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.