2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

I agree all3, when did Wiggins become part of the deal? The talk has been waiters, Bennett, thompson & picks
7/12/2014 2:24 PM
Generally in negotiations you don't make your best offer in the beginning. It's good for the Cavs to say Wiggins won't be dealt, but if it comes down to Minnesota refusing a deal without him, then the Cavs will/should budge and offer him up.

If Love gets traded to some other team because the Cavs refused to trade Wiggins, then the Cavs are morons. You only have so many opportunities to acquire a star, especially one willing to commit to two seasons in his prime, so you have to do what it takes to get it done.
7/12/2014 7:02 PM
I think we realize how trade negotiations work.

If Love gets traded, whomever doesn't get him will be looked at like a moron. With the details of lebrons contract coming out today, I can see the cavs willing to deal wiggins. If the Cavs are able to offer Wiggins, waiters, one of the forwards + picks then the t-wolves would have to accept. I think Flip doesn't want Love traded and thinks that he can get him resigned during the season.
7/12/2014 7:39 PM
The experts on this thread believe Wiggins won't be traded, because the Cavs said so. It needed to be stated how negotiations work.

The only team that I would put in the "moron" category if they don't get Love is the GSW. Klay Thompson is a very nice player but you don't hold up on acquiring an in-his-prime All-Star because of him, assuming that Love guarantees he'll be there at least two seasons.
7/13/2014 12:49 AM
LeBrons contract seems to be something that could put a damper on all of this. Why would Love sign a long term deal with Cleveland if LeBron can opt out next year. Cleveland definately isnt trading Wiggins for a one year rental. Who's to say that LeBrons homecoming doesn't go as expected and his panties get twisted and hes gone next year?

If I was a Cavs fan, this contract would make me very uncomfortable. A two year deal, with a one year opt out, doesn't seem like hes gung ho on "coming home".
7/13/2014 2:58 AM
Posted by bkbillups on 7/13/2014 2:58:00 AM (view original):
LeBrons contract seems to be something that could put a damper on all of this. Why would Love sign a long term deal with Cleveland if LeBron can opt out next year. Cleveland definately isnt trading Wiggins for a one year rental. Who's to say that LeBrons homecoming doesn't go as expected and his panties get twisted and hes gone next year?

If I was a Cavs fan, this contract would make me very uncomfortable. A two year deal, with a one year opt out, doesn't seem like hes gung ho on "coming home".
Agreed it puts all that momentum to a halt.  Only thing I can think of, is getting Kevin Love after next season.  So Lebron can opt out and work out signing him.  This way they don't have to trade. Also it would be really stupid to trade Wiggins

7/13/2014 10:52 AM
Now its time for all the conspiracy theorists to come out and say LeBron did this so he can wait for the Knicks to have cap room so that he can buddy up to Phil.
7/13/2014 2:31 PM
The deal is short because the CBA is going to be redone and everyone expects the cap to go up, allowing Lebron to sign a bigger deal with the Cavs.
7/13/2014 2:44 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/13/2014 2:44:00 PM (view original):
The deal is short because the CBA is going to be redone and everyone expects the cap to go up, allowing Lebron to sign a bigger deal with the Cavs.
So is being said AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  If he goes back and the Cavs underperform (by his standards), he isn't sticking around.
7/13/2014 6:37 PM
Any Love trade would be contingent on him opting in to the second year, just like Chris Paul did. So stop with the "1 year of Kevin Love". I'm not worried about LeBron leaving after a season, that would murder the most important thing to him... his "brand". The contract will result in speculation though especially if the Cavs start out rough.

Free Agency things...
Pau to Bulls- I like it, but I don't like it. He's better than Boozer of course, but he's not a huge upgrade, and will they still play Taj-Noah at the end of games, putting Pau on the bench in the 4th?

Houston had a horrific offseason. Didn't get Carmelo or Bosh, dumped Lin and a 1st, thinking they'd get Bosh, lost Chandler Parsons when they could have exercised his option for $1M. So they end up signing Trevor Ariza after he had a career year. Ick.

Dallas did well getting Parsons, it's a ton of cash but a starting lineup of Tyson Chandler, Dirk, Parsons, Monta Ellis, and Ray Felton is pretty good. Granted you never know what you'll get from Felton, but the other 4 are solid.

Paul Pierce to Washington- I don't like seeing great players at the end of their careers going team-to-team, but it is what it is.

Deng to Miami- I see Miami as first round fodder for whomever, maybe they get a 4 seed and could make the second round.
7/14/2014 2:31 AM
James will retire as a Cav barring something ridiculous happening in the front office.
7/14/2014 9:22 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/12/2014 2:17:00 PM (view original):
While all the experts on this site think Minny accepting Wiggins for Love is a no-brainer, they are ignoring the fact that Cleveland has said there is no way they would part with Wiggins to get Love.
If they want everyone to believe this they should sign Wiggins which means he cant be traded for 30 days. By letting him sit unsigned they are only adding fuel to the fire. 
7/14/2014 9:35 AM
You know, I bet they never thought of that and will now start trying.
You ever consider Wiggins won't sign a deal until he's sure he's not going to Minny?
7/14/2014 10:52 AM
No, I didn't consider that, because I'm not a moron that thinks him not signing a contract means he can't be traded.
7/14/2014 11:03 AM
No, just a moron who apparently thinks he'd be willing to go to Minny without a fight.  Pretty sure he knowns there is no way on Earth Minny would take him in a deal if he's unsigned.
7/14/2014 2:31 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.