2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

When it comes to basketball, follow Wojo. He'll provide you the truth.
7/19/2014 9:13 AM
What is Rose going to look like this year?  Dude has been out of the league for 2 years now.  Any reports on how his game is now?
7/19/2014 1:28 PM
I havent heard anything, but I can't imagine he'll ever be the same. He just played so violent before, he'll have to slow things down.
7/19/2014 2:24 PM
He could go back to being an All-NBA player or he could end up being shadow of his former self. Nothing would really surprise me. Players have come back from a torn ACL and been fine, players (Westbrook, for one) have come back from a torn meniscus and been fine.

Even if he does come back physically I do wonder what his mental state will be. Will he change his game to more jumpshots instead of drives?
7/20/2014 1:59 AM
Is Chris Andersen back with the Heat or waiting to see if Love comes to town?   

Pau seemingly would be a better fit in Miami.  Chicago has almost no offense to speak of.  Pau on the Heat would be possible faves in the East.  Oh well.
7/20/2014 12:38 PM
isn't the whole point of Pau to Chicago that they have "almost no offense to speak of"?
7/20/2014 1:34 PM
With Pau and Noah, you've got two really good passers down low. The Bulls should be fun to watch
7/20/2014 10:29 PM
He's a  great get for Chicago if Rose can return to his old self.  Their defense will be terrific...again.   Brooks will be a great add that makes a lot of sense.  
7/20/2014 11:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/19/2014 8:06:00 AM (view original):

ESPN wears me out by beating a topic to death(Tebow, Manziel, LeBron, Kobe) but, for the most part, they are pretty accurate.   Of course, they went back and forth on LeBron to Cleveland/Miami but that's the first place I heard anyone say "Cleveland, definitely."

That said, I think Wiggins is in play so maybe that influences who I believe.

I also think trading Wiggins would be dumb.

Agreed....but anyone with a pulse could have said he was going back to Cleveland after they were gifted the #1 pick in the draft. 
7/21/2014 9:52 AM
Well, I think anyone could have said it and had a good chance of being right.    But ESPN said it first.
7/21/2014 10:29 AM
Couple things:

1) How was Cleveland "gifted" the #1 pick?

2) I dunno if ESPN was first. deadspin.com/who-actually-got-the-lebron-james-scoop-1604853768/all This says it's either Chris Sheridan (who doesn't work for ESPN) or SI, who of course had the story that the LeBron team wanted put out there. What ESPN has, is a whole bunch of dipshits willing to say anything, so if one of them is right you can say they had it first.
7/21/2014 3:42 PM

Sheridan was on ESPN claiming 100%.    I don't think he was on Foxsports, NBA Today, SI or any other major outlet making the claim.   So maybe ESPN just got the guy who said it first. 

7/21/2014 4:01 PM
So what exactly are the Bulls offering to get Minnesota's attention?
7/22/2014 1:44 PM
Jordans statue.
7/22/2014 3:17 PM
The ESPN story says Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler. They must have picked up that rumor from a Chicago Bulls fan website.
7/22/2014 3:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.