League With No Commish Topic

I'm in a league that hasn't started yet and the commish has left the league. I doubt this league will fill up, but if it does, is it possible for a theme league to start without the commish in it? 
6/28/2014 8:00 AM
Too many Indians, not enough Chiefs!
6/28/2014 8:11 AM
cwillis802, all that is really needed if others are interested is to have the list of owners that are still interested and to continue to publicize it in the theme league classifieds until it fills. Whichever owner is willing to take on commish responsibilities has only to place their team in the league by selecting "New Theme League" as the option and then telling the others the league number so they can also place their teams. 
6/28/2014 6:59 PM
Did the commish leave of his own accord, or was he Gavrilo Princip'd? 

100 years ago today!
6/28/2014 7:44 PM
Ha!!! He left on his own accord. He wasn't really advertising it and it wasn't filling, but it was a good idea for a theme. Basically adding a DH to an OL format.  Nothing too tricky, but I found it interesting. Only me and another guy left...perhaps I'll create the league myself sometime down the road. 
6/28/2014 11:08 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/06/28/29-Jun-14-World-View-Sarajevo-Serbs-unveil-monument-to-Gavrilo-Princip-who-triggered-World-War-I

Seriously. 
6/29/2014 5:21 PM
The league can fill and run without the commish actually having a team in it.  If the commish has truly abandoned the theme though, you may be able to submit a ticket and have the commissionership transferred to yourself or anyone else who wants to run it.  Good luck submitting a ticket though.
6/30/2014 11:21 AM
I decided to leave the league.  Maybe I'll recreate it sometime down the road. 
6/30/2014 1:54 PM
I decided to leave the league.  Maybe I'll recreate it sometime down the road. If anyone else creates the league let me know. I'll join.
6/30/2014 1:54 PM
League With No Commish Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.