Worst team history ever? Topic

I just took over D3 Clark in Allen, and was looking over the team history, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a worse team history. 73 seasons without a NT bid, a PIT bid, or even a conference championship, tournament or otherwise. Clark has only had 13 winning seasons with it's maximum win total being 19. In comparison Clark has had 22 seasons with 20 or more losses. 
This history is by far the worst I've ever seen, and I'm wondering if anyone can find a team to top it.

Link to the team history:
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=5125
6/30/2014 8:07 AM
Well.  Fort valley state in Phelan gets an honorable mention. Yes, there are two PIT's .. but ... .288 wining percentage, 37 seasons with more than 20 losses,  6 winning seasons and one 14-4 season, maximum wins are 18,  best RPI is 89, only two rpi under 100, 43 seasons rpi over 200, (In division two), two winning records in conference, only 4 non losing records in conference, only 8 times losing less than double digits in conference, 

6/30/2014 10:03 AM

Good luck with that crew. 

6/30/2014 4:20 PM
Load up on defensive players.
6/30/2014 4:23 PM
Thanks for the advice piratesfan. 
6/30/2014 9:52 PM
I will be facing the same situation this recruiting season coming up with my team in crum beloit need to replace the couple im losing with good defensive players who are athletic and have some speed could use some rebounding and low post.
7/1/2014 10:34 AM
This is my first attempt at the simulation and for some reason I picked George Fox in Smith.  I am about to start my 4th season.  They have been quite bad for some time.  They were decent through season 15 but have been horrid from seasons 16-73.  (In those 53 seasons:  only twice at C+ prestige, only once in double digit RPI [although I got them to exactly 100 RPI in year 72 before taking a step back last season]; only 1 PI appearance; 42 seasons over 200+ RPI; 15 over 300+ RPI; never a 20 win season; only 2 double digit wins in conference [albeit a very strong Northwest Conference])  I guess at  George Fox a .373 winning percentage in three years gives me a job evaluation of 'meeting a expectations'.  
7/9/2014 11:06 AM
Posted by wpd73 on 7/9/2014 11:06:00 AM (view original):
This is my first attempt at the simulation and for some reason I picked George Fox in Smith.  I am about to start my 4th season.  They have been quite bad for some time.  They were decent through season 15 but have been horrid from seasons 16-73.  (In those 53 seasons:  only twice at C+ prestige, only once in double digit RPI [although I got them to exactly 100 RPI in year 72 before taking a step back last season]; only 1 PI appearance; 42 seasons over 200+ RPI; 15 over 300+ RPI; never a 20 win season; only 2 double digit wins in conference [albeit a very strong Northwest Conference])  I guess at  George Fox a .373 winning percentage in three years gives me a job evaluation of 'meeting a expectations'.  

In this simulation you will always be "meeting expectations" in D3 and D2 as you can't be fired. I think it would be awesome to have one of the HOF coaches take over a low 400 worst team in D3/D2 RPI and open a forum showing year by year progress and see how long it takes for them to rebuild and the steps and players brought in.

7/9/2014 12:16 PM
Almost any good coach can take a scrap heap D3/D2 team and make the NT by year 4.Most guys can probably do it by year 2 or 3.
7/9/2014 12:34 PM
I took on a project at S. Utah in IBA.  They've never made the NT in 73 seasons and only 1 PIT appearance and 2 conference titles.  There's only 1 other human in this conference (blessing or a curse?) so i'm hoping to take this squad to its 1st NT appearance in this world by year 4. 
7/10/2014 1:50 AM
When I took over Linfield (IBA) in season 57 we had something comparable, but they're missing out on 16 extra seasons of sucking. 

0 Combined: NT, PT, Conf Champs, Tourney
6 Winning Seasons
20 wins was the most with a SOS 324
132 Highest RPI
20 Seasons with 20+ losses

Glad to say they are a much better team today than what they were when I picked them up.
7/10/2014 8:03 AM
Worst team history ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.