Geography League Draft Order Topic

1909  Babe Adams - P    Midwest
7/15/2014 8:36 PM
P Dwight Gooden 1984- Atlantic Coast
7/15/2014 8:50 PM
California 1990 on....P Trevor Hoffman(1993)
7/15/2014 8:52 PM
another reason i am for the DH is people hate it so i never get to use it

well thats the same reason as my last reason really

come on fellas

lets have a DH. that way sparky doesn't have to wrack his brain trying to figure out whether to pinchhit for his pitcher

7/15/2014 10:20 PM
let's all give sparky a break
7/15/2014 10:22 PM
FREE SPARKY NOW! FREE SPARKY NOW! FREE SPARKY NOW!

round 10 early cali duke snider

7/15/2014 10:59 PM (edited)
I guess just adding my two cents here. I like the strategy of pinch hitting and running instead of opting for a dh. I guess I like the idea of manufacturing runs however way you can, and for me that's sending some low pa hitter with a high obp and pinch run him (should he get on) with a low pa speedster. Now, sparky sometimes likes to ignore me, but hey, that's part of the fun. Like the Professor said, in a league like this, all players will eventually be used, whether a dh is implemented or not. For me, I don't have anything against the dh like baseball purists do, I just like the strategy behind ph's and and pr's more.
7/15/2014 10:40 PM
And with my pick out of new england...

Gabby Hartnett C (1922)

Aka Old Tomato Face
7/15/2014 11:07 PM
I'll take a wild ride with the all time strikeout king...

1968   P   Nolan Ryan   -   Texarkana
7/16/2014 3:51 AM (edited)
we trade 12th rd New England to Sooners07 for 10th rd Appalachia....Sooners07 to confirm

Since Sooners has been having limited internet and is on west coast...should we wait for the confirm before i pick Appalachia?
7/16/2014 6:12 AM
We trade 10th round Ole Miss to benfc for a 10th round Caribbean queen, now we're sharing the same dream. Now our hearts will beat as one. No more love on the run.

Benfc to confirm.
7/16/2014 6:31 AM
Thanks all of you for dealing with my eruption yesterday with some dignity and grace rather than compounding the problem. 

Not sure really why I blew up - some comment triggered something or other and I am a humble International Relations and Sociology guy, no shrink. 

We can't switch rules mid-inaugural draft. We can revisit the whole DH issue another time once a season has gotten under way. But it is too controversial to impose by a narrow majority and force a bunch of people to leave the league who want to be in it and joined under certain rules and expectations. 

So we will have a legitimate debate about it further on, for another season but Season 1 we will do without it because the rules were written that way, people signed up to the league that way and and we can always hear arguments for it pro or con another time. 

Thanks. 

I will start updating soon. I did not log on last night as the whole thing, plus an annoying sitemail from an owner (who blew up another prog I was in and loved) from another league keeps insisting I trade a star player for a part-time utility guy in his last season, plus in my other prog league there was some confusion about the drafting system and whether we need to change it and throw in Gaza, Ukraine, Delaware etc. and aarrgh !   Anyway, crisis passed. Let's move on. I will get stuff up and running shortly.
7/16/2014 8:14 AM
from Ohio: 

Rube Marquard P 1909
7/16/2014 8:54 AM
We now SPIT OUT our next pick:

1988 Roberto Alomar, 2B.
And italyprof, regarding the sitemail, I had also not made my 10th round pick until now. And benfc still needs to pick from the Huck Finn Division of Ole Miss.
7/16/2014 9:09 AM
Actually not only are you right crazyamos but I missed cleonjones TWO picks for round 10 as well as benfc's. So we have four owners with five picks left for round 10. I have corrected by sitemail. Thanks.
7/16/2014 9:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.