Geography League Draft Order Topic

I think grayfoxx is correct.  round 16 is "technically" active until 9:30 tonight.  At that point I think any missed picks could be skipped.
7/19/2014 12:29 PM
Right grayfoxx, unless we have fully completed that round, in which case by 10 am the next morning we do start a new round, since a new 24 hour cycle can be started on time. 
7/19/2014 12:30 PM
No not 9.30 pm, going 24 hours to 24 hours would mean we would all have to memorizing each minute of first picks each round. 10am is the normal progressive draft starting time. see my explanation above. 

And so I guess you still have a shot at Coors chargingryno, I will re-think my pick for round 17 if you were going to take it this round. If you don't I will. 
7/19/2014 12:31 PM
I agree with your interpretation of the rules, and obviously dnmchill wasn't trying to screw me or anything, Luckily ny has a lot of other good players

I don't want to hold up such a great draft, but I traded up for McGraw and his insane OBP...how did he do it? Was he a tiny guy? Small mid-section?
7/19/2014 12:34 PM
Caribbean....very short term but I'll chance it....P Aroldis Chapman(2011)
7/19/2014 12:42 PM
Again, bublooo, Camnitz' rookie year is 1904, NOT 1907. Remember that rosters must consist ONLY of rookie seasons everyone. I need to confirm rosters before the league gets started once you have all placed your teams in the league after we have a league number. So it will save us all time if you draft the correct years. 

Thanks. 
7/19/2014 1:01 PM
By the way charginryno, I traded up with sooners07 to get last rounds' Rest of the World so that I could pick Tony Mullane. That freed me to pick a stadium with a pick that has some talent but nothing I needed - since I would have drafted another pitcher from that region this round otherwise, but Mullane's 600 plus IP allow me to use Coors with impunity as well as cover me to not pick another pitcher for a while. 

By the way, I gave you some time if you wanted to use your pick this round to take it, but since you have not (perhaps out of courtesy or perhaps because you don't want to use this round's particular draft pick for a ballpark, I will re-pick it to be on the safe side and make it official: 

Coors Field
7/19/2014 1:07 PM
The Denver Solar Weed Growers and Microbrewers are collaboratively owned: 1/3 by the municipality of Denver, 1/3 by a consortium of solar power companies, microbreweres (Denver brews more beer than St. Louis or Milwaukee), and (now legal) Marijuana growers, and 1/3 by season ticket sales to community members who thereby buy shares in the team. 

The team plays in Coors Field which is easily arrived at using the local Denver light rail (streetcar) - which my sister played a small role in getting to happen, as an aide to the local legislator who thought it up. 

A team of destiny for a city of the future  - oh, and don't forget - solar roadways - soon to be a reality: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU

(you really have to see that YouTube video if you haven't yet)

so you will soon be able to access the (someday renamed hopefully) stadium in your solar battery electric car via energy-generating roads from all over the greater Denver area. 
7/19/2014 1:11 PM
I was going to be the first with a stadium in round 18, but since Coors was mentioned in round 17 AND someone else also wanted it, I will have to book my travel plans a day early - let's have some fun at the Launching Pad - Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.
7/19/2014 1:14 PM
I think I am making my 17th round pick - Stagecoach - Sam Crawford - OF 1899
7/19/2014 1:19 PM
And a fine pick it is benfc - another good player. 

grayfoxx, sorry, I assumed no one in their right mind would have wanted or picked Coors, instead I have taken it from under you and chargingryno. 

sorry, it really had to do with the fact that a lot of my picks turned out not to be the kind of players I mostly like - power hitters or good OBP types, but instead were players with high averages and pitchers with relatively low OAV so I decided that Gehrig and Killebrew could also swing for the fences in a ballpark made for hitters who hit instead of walking. 

In fact Nettles might be available for a player with high average and less power if anyone wants a great fielding, power hitting left-handed 3B. One of my favorite all-time players, But I needed Hebner for having full time PA the first couple of seasons, and Killebrew seemed like a sensible pick for his power hitting, though in retrospect a similar hitter who plays OF would be better. 

So: Killebrew available for a big power hitter OF

Nettles available for a high average hitting player at any important position or a great opportunity draft pick I am not thinking of. Or either for a great pitcher. 
7/19/2014 1:37 PM
I didnt want Coors, but when you and chargingryno both said you wanted Coors it made me nervous about getting Atlanta. If the loser of Coors decided to then take Atlanta, I was screwed. So I had to jump ahead and take my stadium one round early, and pass on the guy who I had traded regions to get.
7/19/2014 1:49 PM
I love Crawford he is the center piece of my best progressive team. Dude is a beast for 15 years in a pitching era (thank you normalization!) plus he is the triple king. I would have taken him with a previous pick but I am already OF heavy. He will give you good numbers for 4 or 5 real life years!
7/19/2014 2:17 PM
17th Round Ohio--'69 Fingers---RP (quantity over quality in this instance)
7/19/2014 2:18 PM
I'm up early-ish and waiting for my girl to wake up, might be a while. Heading to Hollywood later to help a friend move.

Send me a trade offer if you don't love your pick
7/19/2014 2:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...36|37|38|39|40...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.