This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The number of coaches who get bitter over this sort of thing is baffling. As someone who has been rebuilding d- d1 teams for the last few months I get one of these every recruiting period.

Typically from mid tier coaches. Whereas the top level ones always just move on to another player.
7/8/2014 10:27 PM
He wasn't completely crazy. I can tell you don't like rebuilds...
7/8/2014 10:33 PM
I took a bad muskingum team in tark. We went 30-1 my 2nd season. I don't dislike rebuilds, I just don't see the point in wasting time losing.
7/9/2014 12:42 PM
I only bring this up because you responded to the off-topic comment, but you lost in the second round of the NT in your 30-1 season and had an incredibly weak schedule. You routinely and exclusively take over teams with very high prestige so it's fair to say you dodge rebuilds. Maybe you don't dislike them, but how could you--you haven't attempted one yet.

Back to the original topic though, there is no place in the game for this. If you fear that you shouldn't make a comment to another coach in the CC, you shouldn't make it through any means.
7/9/2014 2:02 PM
You may not agree with his sitemail, but I don't see the reason to post it here for "our pleasure". He wasn't threatening you, trying to collude for players, or intimidating you with talk of how much money he had for recruits. I assume he didn't continue after the player, seeing how you are D2 and he's D3.

From my point of view, maybe he touched a nerve. Like has been mentioned, you don't like building your own program. That's your choice. There must be some reason you jump from team to team. Maybe it's because you don't know how to recruit long term? Maybe he's right that you're aiming too low. I might be ticked off too. I may not sitemail you, but could understand the frustration.

As much as you think it's wrong that he sent that message to you, I feel it's bush league for you to post it here. Especially since he didn't break any rules.

Stay Classy
7/9/2014 3:34 PM
^I agree with this. The guy shouldn't have sent him the sitemail, but it seems tattle-tailish to call him out on the forum for it.
7/9/2014 5:37 PM
I think "tattle tail" would mean you were doing something wrong. You weren't doing anything wrong by sitemailing him with your frustration. I'm neutral on whether it should have been posted here. The OP thought it was entertaining and posted it here. No harm really. It's not as if there is a high standard to be met with forum topics.

I would say any message that is colluding or trying to collude be posted here. OH THE SHAME THAT PERSON WILL RECEIVE!!!
7/9/2014 6:51 PM
I think we need more trash talking during recruiting :)
7/9/2014 7:45 PM
Uhm, a '93 Chevette? Did he import it from South America?
7/9/2014 8:06 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.