Introducing WISCast for Gridiron Dynasty!

WISCast for Gridiron Dynasty lets you watch a game as it happened.

- Control the Playback - Click play to start the game, or pause to stop the simulated playback. Control the speed of a game using the speed functions, or jump directly to the second half if you have already watched the first half. In addition there is a next play button that allows you to jump directly to the next play at your own speed.

- Field View - Watch how each play happened on a field view. The plays are distinguished by different images to represent run plays, pass plays, negative plays or kick plays. Also, each play includes the direction of the play and the down of that play.

- Play By Play - View the play by play as it is happening in the game playback. The latest play is at the top, and the summary of the drive is included in the title. You can jump to any half to view the information and when clicking on the drive it will align the data in that drive with the view on the field view.

- Last Play - Learn more about exactly what happened on the play by watching the last play. It will have more detailed information than the Play by Play about what transpired on a play.

Avoid spoilers with the GameResults page
7/10/2014 4:56 PM
I just tried this and this is so awesome. I wish that this was out for basketball as well. I really liked being able to follow the plays. I think one addition in the future would be to see the stats available and update as the game goes. Great addition though. 
7/10/2014 5:53 PM
Sweet. Gives the game a nice touch.
7/10/2014 6:03 PM
Would it be possible to add the formations
7/10/2014 8:23 PM
Add down and distance to the scoreboard
7/10/2014 9:11 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 7/10/2014 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Would it be possible to add the formations
+1 It would be helpful and much appreciated if added so we don't have to keep going back to the PBP to find out.
7/11/2014 1:09 AM
I'd also put a first down line on the field.
7/11/2014 4:11 AM

What do you have to do to get the "extra info" on the last play. I can see the "Last Play", but it's not a button. Any help appreciated.

7/11/2014 9:07 AM
Thanks guys. We are working on getting the formations in for each of the plays. Also, we will add a click listener to the plays so that you can click on a play and it will change the Last Play to Selected play and show the extended text from that. 

I'll see if I can find a good place for the down and distance on the scoreboard, and good idea with the first down line, I'll see if we can make that look good. 

The stats per play would be great, but a little heavier on the processing side right now. I'll make a note for future update though. 

7/11/2014 11:09 AM
I think this is a nice feature, btw.
7/11/2014 11:38 AM
Not having anything to do with this, but know you would look at this before a support ticket. You need to put sims back to practicing all formations. Taking over a sim already sucks, but taking over one that hasn't practiced the formations you want to run sucks even worse. I like the 3-4 and I don't see any teams practicing the 3-4. Put back sims practicing all formations.
7/11/2014 4:30 PM
Is there a way to see this without having a team. I have been considering going back to GD, and this might make me decide to do it.
7/12/2014 1:57 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/WISCast.aspx?gid=4866662

Don't know if this'll work for you Chapel, but this is the link to my WISCast for my first exhibition this season.
7/12/2014 10:22 PM
I can't open the WISCast of the first half of my game last night. The window opens, but if I click Start Game, Play, or Next Play, nothing happens. Anyone else having the same issue? (All my WISCasts of previous games are working fine.)

One other bug I've had lately in previous games is the WISCast won't show the last play of the first half. Often that's a field goal kick, so it'd be nice to have it, but it's a minor bug.

I still think the WISCast has been a great addition to the game -- thanks Oriole!
7/22/2014 10:52 AM
I believe this is down. I tried it in two different browsers and had no luck. 
7/25/2014 2:39 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.