Iba D2 season 73 Topic

Another season begins.  Who do you like?

St. Mary's will be down a little bit again this season due to the lack of a strong post player, but we should again make the NT and hopefully we can get a little further than we did last season.

Lander looks like a good bet to repeat this season.  Wisconsin Parkside looks tough too (if they can find enough offense to go with a very impressive defense).  bbunch's Longwood squad also looks tough.
7/14/2014 4:43 PM
Lander placed 4 players on the all-american teams. Nuff said.
7/14/2014 5:13 PM
I'm really impressed with Lander's squad too. Definitely the favorite to repeat.
7/14/2014 7:54 PM
Lander is definitely the favorite. Longwood, Wisconsin Parkside, and Grand Canyon would round out your defensive-oriented top/final four.

If you like offense, CSU Los Angeles, U of DC, and Incarnate Word might be your cup of tea.

Harding has talented players and Fairmont St is very dangerous.

I'll pick Longwood as having the best chance to dethrone King Lander.

(I was looking at U of DC. Did they ghost as the #2 team in the country? No preseason games, took two walkons.)
7/14/2014 8:40 PM
My PG Michael Lewis is poised to have an epic season. He lost his running mate from last year, but has players around him that should lift his game. He has a real shot at POY. That said, he just got abused by Preseason 2nd team All-American from D1 Moses from Gardner-Webb. You think a player is pretty good until they see something at a higher level.
7/14/2014 9:21 PM
I agree, dave. Fairmont St. is a very dangerous squad, and Lander is the clear cut #1. Parkside always has ridiculous athletes. 

How far will our defense get us at Longwood? That's the question - offensively we're strong but not elite. rebounding-wise, we're weak. However, we start 3 shut down defenders and have a few more on the bench....our D should be our strength, as usual.    
7/15/2014 3:02 AM
Posted by bbunch on 7/15/2014 3:02:00 AM (view original):
I agree, dave. Fairmont St. is a very dangerous squad, and Lander is the clear cut #1. Parkside always has ridiculous athletes. 

How far will our defense get us at Longwood? That's the question - offensively we're strong but not elite. rebounding-wise, we're weak. However, we start 3 shut down defenders and have a few more on the bench....our D should be our strength, as usual.    
My loss to Fairmont St just confirms it. Their backcourt can match up with anyone. We don't defend enough, we are a year away.

Other big wins by Longwood over Harding and Ashland over U of DC.
7/15/2014 8:46 AM
Should be a good year for us. Unfortunately our conference is down this year, hopefully our non-con can carry our RPI. CSU LA looks pretty tough. We host them in game 4, should be a good one. 
7/16/2014 9:17 PM
Lander has clinched the Yarnell with a game remaining, is undefeated against the #2 SOS, and is beating opponents by about 15 ppg. Should we just crown them now? Does anybody have a decent chance of beating these guys? They've got #29 RPI Augusta St on the schedule in conference, then the next best opponent is RPI #72.
7/22/2014 1:06 PM
Hillsdale played them tough, so there's a chance... but dang they're good. Lander totally dismantled Harding. What else would you expect from a team that has 5 players on the preseason all-american team?
7/22/2014 4:19 PM
Well....that'll help the ol' RPI! Good game bearded.
7/23/2014 7:35 AM
All we had to do was talk about it....
7/23/2014 7:38 AM
The jinx worked guys. Lol.
7/23/2014 1:55 PM
So Lander will go 34-1 now. Damn shame.

Back-to-back Yarnell champs.

Last two Yarnell champs have gone on to win the NT

7/23/2014 2:18 PM
what does everything think now that conference play has started. Longwood's hitting their stride, a strong #2 RPI right now (though Lander is still the favorite in DII Iba)
8/1/2014 2:16 PM
123 Next ▸
Iba D2 season 73 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.