HOF makes first rule change in 30 years. Topic

Posted by 05nomar05 on 8/28/2014 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Warner gets in.

2 MVPs and a Superbowl MVP.  33rd in career yards and 31th in TD's.  8th in QB rating.  Dominate for 6 seasons.
There are 23 quarterbacks in the HOF.  So how does 3(x) in career anything qualify you?  It's not so easy to normalize NFL stats as baseball stats, but anybody can see that QBs in the last 20 years have to be downgraded quite a bit relative to anybody older as well; IOW, 33rd in career yards while Warner was playing probably means less than 39th in career yards playing in the '70s (didn't check who 39th is, so I don't know if that's a "real" argument, but you get the point).  Compared to his contemporaries, Warner just doesn't rank highly enough to merit it in my view.  He's not just behind Brady and Manning.  His stats also lag behind Rivers, Brees, Favre, McNabb, Roethlisberger - arguably even Eli, Bledsoe, and Hasselbeck.  I just don't see it.
9/2/2014 1:51 AM
Career passing yards for QB (and career rushing yards for RB) doesn't correlate particularly well to their likelihood of getting to the HOF.  Kurt Warner will be in the HOF.
9/2/2014 9:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
HOF makes first rule change in 30 years. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.