Small Hall of Fame Topic

Posted by cobra on 8/9/2014 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/8/2014 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cobra on 8/8/2014 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/8/2014 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Also, who gives a **** about raw hit totals?
Um

What?
You only care about raw hit totals when it comes to Jeter, but not to Beltre?
Who said anything about Jeter or Beltre?

I want to know when I missed the meeting where no one in baseball gives a **** about hits?

Ain't that the point of having a bat in your hand when you are hitting?

I mean, I know I'm a dumb hick old guy who knows nothing about all this new baseball math
Not like you smarty young hipster computer geniuses

But isn't the point of baseball on offense to get a hit?
For an individual batter, it's mostly to get on base.  And a double or home run is better.
8/11/2014 10:14 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/10/2014 6:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rsp777 on 8/9/2014 11:49:00 PM (view original):
Sabermatricians over-analyze EVERYTHING. They'll tell you PETE Rose was a compiler and then defend Bert Blyleven getting into the HOF in the next sentence. Advanced metrics have their worth, but baseball is still baseball fer Cissakes!!! And MikeT will argue u to death and then bring out the insults and attacks because he's an unarmed FUCKTARD when it comes to legitimate INTELLIGENT baseball discussion.
You know, when you pretend that you're going to argue intelligently, you should at least attempt to appear somewhat intelligent.    Massive fail on your part.
I knew there was a reason I had him blocked. 
8/11/2014 10:15 AM
I block mikey...but I do have to say...I have a guilty pleasure...I like to read some of his posts.  Classic stuff there.
8/11/2014 11:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Small Hall of Fame Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.