Posted by dacj501 on 10/8/2014 2:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 10/7/2014 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Well I feel I'm making progress, In d2 I've been able to amass 3 straight 20 win seasons, 2 CT championships (i was not the favorite each year) and post season each season in a weak conference as well so my scheduling has come along as well. Now My next personal goal is post-season success, I've found it in the CT but now I need to progress in the NT.
building up so that you are consistent with Northwood is good, and I mean no offense certainly, but that conference is almost entirely simai. If there is only one other human your minimum goal has to be to kick his *** and win the CT every year. Any season where you lose before the CT finals must be seen as a a failure. Anytime you lose the CT to simai, if it happens, must be a failure.

Your next step should be to try to find a fuller conference and compete with that kind of pressure. (or try to entice others to join you in the GLIAC)
Duely noted, when I joined GLIAC it had 3 more coaches than now, it had 5 in total which was a good starting point, 1 went to D1 and the other 2 fizzled out sadly and nobody picked up any teams. If I can get Northwood to compete in the NT that will be good to me, I'm 2 of 3 in CT's so far and hopefully going for the threepeat this season. I assume if I get to the NT and make it S16 or better it won't make a difference what conference I'm in because getting that far I feel should mean that I can compete with a Human conference

EDIT: I also want to say because of the SIMAI conference last season I tested the team and scheduled I believe 8 Human coaches and 1 fell off so I believe it ended up at 7 and I came out 5-5 and my team was only 550ish rated so many of the games I was an underdog. I think I can compete against Human coaches especially once I get my recruits in and get settled. Still learning how to compete for top recruit talent and I am certain when I take that step with northwood and push them consistently 600+Rated I'll be able to solidify them as a D2 threat no matter if the conference is SIM or more filled
10/8/2014 4:34 PM (edited)
In general, yes, if you can build a Sweet Sixteen in an empty conference, you would be competitive in a full conference. 

Of course, this depends somewhat on recruiting territory. If you have four states to yourself, it will be much easier to recruit than if you have eight human coaches with A+ prestige within 200 miles of you. But that is only partially determined by how full your conference is--some conferences are more spread out than others, and some conferences have lots of other conferences nearby. 
10/8/2014 5:45 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.