great reading stuff!
8/11/2014 9:36 AM
Absolutely man! I just hope you guys enjoy it and that we can get more playing D1AA
8/11/2014 9:36 AM
ELITE Ten Quarterbacks

Essentially this will be rankings of the top signed recruits per position. For this season, I'm only going to rank Quarterbacks and Running Backs. 

1. Patrick Walker - Southeastern -  Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Patrick Walker

Michael Anderson - Tennesee Tech - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Michael Anderson

3. Sam Doyle - Prairie View - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Sam Doyle

4. Charles Morin - Sacramento State - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Charles Morin

5. Thomas Reynolds - Wofford - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Thomas Reynolds

6. Michael Gutierrez - Robert Morris - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Thomas Reynolds

7. Christopher Fields - Richmond - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Christopher Fields

8. David Harrington - Alcorn State - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: David Harrington

9. James Floyd - Yale - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: James Floyd

10. Joseph Higgins - Morgan State - Gridiron Dynasty - Football Sim Games - Recruit Profile: Joseph Higgins

8/11/2014 11:04 AM

Player of the Year - 

I'm contemplating conducting a player of the year award but I need your help.

One, how should this work? I have a couple of ideas. I could just pick the player myself, but I find that boring. So, what do you think of a poll? Should the poll be conducted on the forums? Or should people site-mail me their votes? 

Two, should the nominees be picked by me? Or do you want to pick the nominees? 

Three, are you actually interested in this? If I do this, will you vote? 

And lastly, let me know if you have ideas for this. I think this could work, and I think it could be fun but I want people in on it. So, speak up if you have thoughts. 

8/12/2014 2:16 PM

Taking today off. 

Will be back tomorrow with week 1 previews! 

8/13/2014 12:18 PM
Week 1 Preview

Tomorrow is the last day of training camp, and Saturday, we embark on season 103. We have two games of the week for week 1, and they both happen to come out of the PFL. 

MVSU vs Jacksonville

The Delta Devils are coming off back to back trips to quarterfinals and they bring with them one of the deepest and most experienced teams in FCS. Jacksonville has been to the semi-finals for the past three years, and grizzly is looking to push the Dolphins to the next level. This game will feature 4 of the best running backs in FCS football, and two of the best offensive lines. Jacksonville doesn't have much depth on the D-line and ultimately that could hurt them late.

My prediction: MVSU 27 Jacksonville 20

Morehead State vs Northern Iowa 

Gympy is 3-0 against cjsweat and Northern Iowa is 7-0 against Morehead State. History would indicate a positive result for the Panthers. The Eagles enter this game with senior, Jesus Meyer under center. He leads an exciting passing attack that features a good o-line and two solid receivers. Northern Iowa is really talented but they are also really young. Kevin Craft, starting quarterback, is just a redshirt sophomore and starting running back, Glenn Cummings is just a redshirt freshman. The Panthers will need those two to mature quickly if they hope to reach semi-finals for a 3rd time in the gympy era. 

My prediction: Morehead State 31 Northern Iowa 27

Who needs to start off HOT - The below are teams that need to get some big wins in week one. 

Morgan State - The Golden Bears are under new leadership - Humdogs. In his first recruiting class, he turned the heads of the scouts over at Guess reports. They have this class ranked 16th and Morgan State comes in at 44th overall. Humdogs has his work cut out for him to get this offense into shape, but his defense is as good as any. However, if he wants to prove that he's more than just good recruiting classes, he'll have to start the season off right with a win over Hofstra. 

Coastal Carolina - stillwdp is putting together a great team in Conway, SC. When he first got here 3 seasons ago, Coastal was an absolute mess. Fast forward to today and Guess has this team ranked in the top 25. All things considered, the Chanticleers should be a lock for playoffs too. BUT the PFL is only getting tougher. 11 of the league's 12 teams are ranked in Guess's top 50. That means that conference wins won't come easy so Coastal will need to have a strong non-conference, if they hope to get into playoffs. These guys are good enough to win 10-11 games, but if they drop their first game of the season, they're going to struggle. 

8/14/2014 1:09 PM (edited)
Conference Previews

By far, the best conference of the past 20 years, the IVY league renews their position at the top. This conference features four teams ranked in our top ten, and one more that is making a strong push. Yale may have the strongest team in the conference, but rat hasn't won the conference championship since 94. Down in Fordham, there is a big concern after a very questionable recruiting class from dkreutner. However, take a trip over to Hamilton, NY, and you'll find a Colgate team that is looking to make a championship run. As deep as this conference is, it's always the most wide open conference in FCS. Look for the IVY to put 5-6 teams in playoffs and make some noise while their there. 

Conference Champion: Yale

Runner Up: Colgate 

3rd: Columbia

4th: Holy Cross

5th: Fordham

8/15/2014 12:56 PM (edited)

If you're looking for a top heavy conference, don't look here. The PFL has 11 teams ranked in Guess's top 50. This isn't the IVY, where there are elites everywhere, but this conference has plenty of up and coming teams that will be exciting to watch. Dayton has hired a new coach, who has a proven track record at D3 and D2. In just his first year, bucki has already secured a top ten class. Stillwdp is in his third year as coach of the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and this is the year that he wants to prove something with those great recruiting classes, they already look like a lock for playoffs. As tough as everyone is in the PFL, Jacksonville has run the tables year in and year out. For the past three seasons, the Dolphins have made trips to semi-finals only to be denied every time. This season, they look more experienced and they're looking for a championship. As good as they are, there is a team from a small town in Kentucky that is in their rear view mirror. The showdown on August 26th could decide who wins the South division. 

Conference Champion: Jacksonville

Runner Up: Dayton

3rd: Morehead State

4th: Coastal Carolina

5th: Drake

8/15/2014 12:58 PM (edited)
I'll be posting more throughout the day. If your conference hasn't been listed yet, stay tuned. 
8/15/2014 9:32 AM

You can take the IVY, you can have the Pioneer, but if you're looking for championships, the OVC is the place to go. Jacksonville State has unleashed it's wrath upon FCS football over the past 6 years, winning 5 national championships. In the North division, mmclaughlin has taken over at Tennessee Tech and is looking to build a dynasty. In just his first season, the Golden Eagles won 13 games and made an appearance in the 2nd round of playoffs. 

Conference Champion: Jacksonville State

Runner Up: Tennessee Tech

3rd: Iona

4th: Southeast Missouri

5th: Tennessee Martin

8/15/2014 10:46 AM

The east and the midwest part of the country has been dominating FCS football for 20 years. However, Shonmurphy has positioned his Sacramento State Hornets to make another push at the national championship. Besides that, there isn't much that the Big Sky has to offer yet. Stephen F Austin and Texas State are both in the middle of rebuilding years. The Hornets should be able to roll through his conference, yet again, and capture a one seed in playoffs. 

Conference Champion: Sacramento State

Runner Up: Sam Houston State

3rd: Stephen F Austin

4th: Cal Poly

5th: Texas State

8/15/2014 12:53 PM

Only one team in the NEC has the makings of a playoff team and that's Georgetown. Aabruzo, who has been an exceptional recruiter for the school based out of D.C., will be looking to control the conference yet again and then cause some damage in playoffs. The only other team who has a chance at a playoff bid is Sacred Heart. The Pioneers are coming off a strong season that took them to playoffs and ended in a first round loss. Their weak schedule could position them to win 10 games, and generally, 10 win teams are playoff bound. 

Conference Champion: Georgetown 

Runner Up: Sacred Heart

3rd: Albany 

4th: Lafayette 

5th: Central Connecticut

8/15/2014 5:46 PM (edited)

Although the A10 certainly isn't as deep as the IVY or Pioneer, they do feature multiple playoff worthy teams. UMass has been the dominant team over the past several seasons, winning 2 out of the past 4 conference championships. While Villanova will be looking to spoil the Minutemen's season, and make a real run at playoffs. Nova and Umass are certainly locks for the postseason, but in Harrisonburg, VA, newcomer jeff18 is looking to turn the JMU program around. The Dukes already have a talented roster and a good recruiting class will add plenty of depth. Although Jeff18's most recent stint ended poorly, he has proved himself at every level and could make JMU a third playoff team from the A10. 

Conference Champion: UMass

Runner Up: Maine

3rd: Villanova

4th: JMU

5th: Florida Atlantic

8/15/2014 5:52 PM

For the past four seasons, the Gateway conference has been controlled by Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa. The two rivals look poised to run the conference tables yet again. Although SIU looks to have a slight talent advantage, Northern Iowa is a very talented team and very well coached. 3 out of the past 4 championships belong to the Panthers. Of course, the real question in the Gateway conference is down in Terre Haute, IN. Senator06, the famed conference from Penn, has only been to playoffs once since taking over the Sycamores program. They're coming off a 5-8 season and they'll be looking to play spoiler for the conference championship. 

Conference Champion: Northern Iowa 

Runner Up: Southern Illinois

3rd: Western Kentucky

4th: Southern Utah

5th: Southeastern (LA)

8/15/2014 6:01 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.