More suspensions coming? Topic

Start with the Latin players and go from there. 
8/7/2014 8:13 AM
Posted by raucous on 8/6/2014 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Why does this always happen when there is about 50 games left in the season?
MLB isn't at fault for the timing.    But, in their rush to "get A-Rod", they weren't very thorough.   MLB could have easily waited til the Feds got involved.   Giving A-Rod a 211 game ban today would have been just as effective as when they did it last August.    This is why I said MLB stepped on it's dick as usual.   Now they get to repeat the same process as last season.   When people should be talking about pennant races, they'll be talking about PED suspensions.  Or football.
8/7/2014 8:17 AM
I'll add that it's stupid/sad in a way.   8 teams in the AL, 6 in the NL are ONE game out of the playoffs right now.   The pennant races should be the main interest in baseball right now. 
8/7/2014 8:35 AM
RACIST!!!!

Actually, I tend to agree with Jpops...  It is not like anyone is talking about Jhonny Peralta or Nelson Cruz anymore.
8/7/2014 8:46 AM
I think "PED fatigue" has hit most baseball fans.   They either don't care, have accepted that a lot of players used or are tired of hearing about it.
8/7/2014 9:10 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/7/2014 3:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/6/2014 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/6/2014 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Me too
And frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Mariners best 2 bats (Morales and Cano) on the list, too.  Not that Morales has been hitting this year, so maybe that's half blessing in a very poor disguise...
Morales is one of the M's best bats? Bwahahahaha.

Better just hope Cruz didn't relapse.

I wouldn't be surprised by anyone being on a list. Adam Jones, JJ hardy, manny machado, or known cheat Nelson Cruz
Cruz can't be suspended a second time for the same thing, think this through for about half a second...
8/7/2014 12:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/7/2014 8:13:00 AM (view original):
What?!
Latin players?!
You mean, like...

Beltre?
8/7/2014 7:57 PM

Of course Beltre has PED'd up.  I'm not one that cares but that's a gimme.

8/7/2014 8:24 PM
'roid rage.

8/7/2014 8:27 PM
Posted by cobra on 8/7/2014 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/7/2014 8:13:00 AM (view original):
What?!
Latin players?!
You mean, like...

Beltre?
I feel like you expect me to give a damn, or think that it means that he ISN'T HOF-worthy or better than Jeter.

None of those things are true, however.  A PED suspension wouldn't change my opinion of him at all.  I think it's an absolute joke that McGwire, Bonds, and Clemens aren't in yet.
8/7/2014 9:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That was stupid, but a product of a rule change and poor judgement on MLB's part.  I don't think they'd make that mistake again, particularly when the player in question is a star MLB player and not a minor leaguer nobody's heard of.
8/8/2014 2:31 AM
This entire situation is a mistake and poor judgement on MLB's part.    Don't give them too much credit.
8/8/2014 7:03 AM
◂ Prev 12
More suspensions coming? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.