Name Game Draft Topic

will do
9/5/2014 4:36 PM
Posted by cstrohmier on 9/5/2014 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Good question.  Yes, trading during the draft is fine.  I never really thought about trading picks, but I suppose it would be okay, like you said as long as someone doesn't get back to back picks.  So, yes, uneven trades will be allowed.
As long as we are making up rules as we go or changing them, can I start the draft over?
9/5/2014 6:37 PM
What rules were changed?
9/5/2014 6:58 PM
I don't believe any rules were changed. Trades were authorized from the beginning.

I wish that I or some one else asked about them sooner. Wheeling and dealing and trading would break the monotony of 48 hours between picks. Though things have picked up in the last couple rounds.

I would trade anyone on my team (except E.Chamberlain) to shawbigred for the opportunity to draft after pg99 JUST ONCE. Of course he would have to draft after specsman. I mean that last part in the most complementary way possible.
9/5/2014 8:06 PM
If anything, I think it would be a change in the rules if I didn't allow trades right now.  I knew I wouldn't be able to cover every single thing, so I said in the very first line of this thread let me know if I missed something.  The original rules clearly stated Trades are Allowed and it is very standard to allow trades and the trading of picks during a draft.
9/5/2014 9:05 PM
Posted by cstrohmier on 9/5/2014 9:07:00 PM (view original):
If anything, I think it would be a change in the rules if I didn't allow trades right now.  I knew I wouldn't be able to cover every single thing, so I said in the very first line of this thread let me know if I missed something.  The original rules clearly stated Trades are Allowed and it is very standard to allow trades and the trading of picks during a draft.
I am currently in 4 progressives and have been in a couple dozen more. Most of them allowed trading draft picks although some don't allow trades while the draft is going on. That can get confusing especially if you trade a pick that you got from some one else.
9/5/2014 9:16 PM
Everyone has different interpretations of "Yes to Trades". That doesn't necessarily mean "Yes to Trading Draft Picks" as the same thing. And since it IS "very standard to allow the trading of draft picks" in Progressives....  Theme Leagues don't carry the same "very standard'' excuse. 

Since we are all in the same boat, but some of us maybe drafted differently, thinking trades couldn't take place until after the draft, now it has been clearly defined otherwise, then it is what it is. I will live with it. 

9/5/2014 10:22 PM
He's probably trying to work out a trade for his next pick. He's got 24 hours!!

Just another reason why trading draft picks shouldn't be allowed.
9/5/2014 11:16 PM
Huston Street P
9/6/2014 5:09 AM
Herb Score P
9/6/2014 9:18 AM
Harry Stovey OF
9/6/2014 9:27 AM
Harry Covelski
9/6/2014 11:35 AM
Coveleski
9/6/2014 12:48 PM
I am starting a new job Monday and will not be available from 9 am EST until 11pm EST seven days a week for two weeks.  No internet access.
This will last 2-3 weeks.
I can't see how I can proxy anybody when I won't know what the owner in front of me is picking

9/6/2014 4:52 PM
Howie Camnitz
9/6/2014 6:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...45 Next ▸
Name Game Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.