Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I don't need to show you my ID in the state of Minnesota is a very reasonable response.
Why wouldn't you?   What makes that such an outrageous request? 
8/29/2014 3:43 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
As I said before, being co-operative has proven to be the better option when dealing with the police.
Obviously being cooperative makes things easier. But you don't have to show ID in MN. And you don't have to be nice about it. And it isn't your job to make sure the police don't have hurt feelings.

It's the job of the police to be nice. It's the job of the police to handle situations like professionals.
No, the job of the police is "to protect and to serve", and if they feel that you represent a threat to them or the public, they have a right to act on that feeling.

Who the **** says their job is "to be nice"?
You don't think being nice plays a part in protecting and serving? I'd rank people skills near the top the list under "things needed to be a good police officer."

It's the police officer's job to be professional when citizens exercise their rights. Even if the citizen is a dick about it.
My employees should be nice, as should cops... It is NOT either of their jobs to take abuse from people.

Calling white cops racists is abusive.
8/29/2014 3:45 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 8/29/2014 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
As I said before, being co-operative has proven to be the better option when dealing with the police.
Obviously being cooperative makes things easier. But you don't have to show ID in MN. And you don't have to be nice about it. And it isn't your job to make sure the police don't have hurt feelings.

It's the job of the police to be nice. It's the job of the police to handle situations like professionals.
No, the job of the police is "to protect and to serve", and if they feel that you represent a threat to them or the public, they have a right to act on that feeling.

Who the **** says their job is "to be nice"?
You don't think being nice plays a part in protecting and serving? I'd rank people skills near the top the list under "things needed to be a good police officer."

It's the police officer's job to be professional when citizens exercise their rights. Even if the citizen is a dick about it.
My employees should be nice, as should cops... It is NOT either of their jobs to take abuse from people.

Calling white cops racists is abusive.
Not more abusive than them tasering and arresting him for exercising his rights.
8/29/2014 4:31 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Because, in the case of the guy in MN, he had the right to refuse. Tasing and arresting him was outrageous. The cops were in the wrong. Why are you defending them?

Do you also blame rape victims if they were wearing a short skirt?
Did he have the right to refuse? If he did AND the cops tased him wouldnt the cops have been suspended and tried in court? Wouldn't they be jobless, or in jail even, especially after being caught on tape? You are making a huge leap that this guy 'was in his right'. I don't know the laws and ordinances of the city/state he was in. You probably don't either.
8/29/2014 3:50 PM
MN grants you the right to refuse.
8/29/2014 3:54 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:43:00 PM (view original):
I don't need to show you my ID in the state of Minnesota is a very reasonable response.
Because I don't have to? Because he was doing nothin wrong. There was zero cause.
Again, why not show him an ID?   It takes less time, and you get a lot less hassle, to show an ID than to say "I don't have to show you my ID" then deal with what comes next. 
8/29/2014 3:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Because I don't have to? Because he was doing nothin wrong. There was zero cause.
Again, why not show him an ID?   It takes less time, and you get a lot less hassle, to show an ID than to say "I don't have to show you my ID" then deal with what comes next. 
Again, why tase the guy and arrest him? He broke no laws, he wasn't suspected of breaking the law. He was sitting in a bench in a public area.

Why do you insist on defending cops acting outrageously?
8/29/2014 4:00 PM
You're avoiding the simple question.   What's the big deal about showing an ID?
8/29/2014 4:43 PM
You're not answering the question, taintluck.     Why is pulling out your wallet and showing a driver's license such a big deal?
8/29/2014 5:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29|30|31...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.