Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Was the dog racist, too?
8/28/2014 7:05 AM
A Geman shepard nazi dog?
8/28/2014 7:38 AM

He looks pretty white and he's giving the Nazi salute.   Your call.
8/28/2014 8:11 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/27/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
I think we're agreeing somewhat here.
You're arguing that the specifics of the 2 cases are different, without knowing what they are.  The only difference we know for sure is the race of the people involved.  Am I wrong?

You're seeing the outrage in Ferguson because of this.  Racism exists, and when you see an instance of possible racism or profiling or whatever that ends in a black man dead, this is a possibility.  The problem is that we don't know the facts, and that the town of Ferguson looking the way it does right now is not good for anyone in this fight for equality.

Racism is a problem, there are better ways to go about it than disobeying police/national guard requests, looting, and throwing molotov cocktails.  Or at least creating situations which increases the odds of these things happening.
8/28/2014 9:22 AM
The guy in SLC wasn't killed because of his skin color right? We don't know for sure, but I think that is something that we can assume.

You can't say the same thing about Brown.

That's the difference.
8/28/2014 9:47 AM
"So, when you ask, why is there outrage this time, the answer is not racism or a rush to blame whitey. The answer is that there is doubt that this shooting is justifiable."

Why DO you think that the shooting of an unarmed man in Utah was justifiable? 

8/28/2014 10:12 AM
A) Black cop arrests white male for marijuana possession.  Nobody says anything.

B) White cop arrests black male for marijuana possession.  RACIST! PROFILING! THIS IS ****** UP! RIOT! PROTEST!

Do you see the problem?

Racism does exist.  But to jump to that conclusion and to react the way Ferguson has, without proof that racism was involved, is insanity.  
8/28/2014 10:15 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

I drink a gallon of Jack Daniels.  I don't drive. 
Sam Blackguy drinks three Budweisers.   He drives.   

Would you say he has a better chance of getting a DUI?    Would you say I'd be more drunk?

Circumstances, good buddy.

8/28/2014 10:26 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:12:00 AM (view original):
"So, when you ask, why is there outrage this time, the answer is not racism or a rush to blame whitey. The answer is that there is doubt that this shooting is justifiable."

I don't, necessarily.
8/28/2014 10:27 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Don't forget that there's 3.5 black guys arrested for MJ possession for every white guy busted, even though there's more white smokers.

I'll repeat myself.  RACISM DOES EXIST. But it doesn't mean you have to jump to the conclusion that in one particular instance, that racism was the reason.
8/28/2014 10:27 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:27:00 AM (view original):

I don't, necessarily.
So there's doubt that both shootings were justifiable.
8/28/2014 10:28 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:15:00 AM (view original):
A) Black cop arrests white male for marijuana possession.  Nobody says anything.

B) White cop arrests black male for marijuana possession.  RACIST! PROFILING! THIS IS ****** UP! RIOT! PROTEST!

Do you see the problem?

Racism does exist.  But to jump to that conclusion and to react the way Ferguson has, without proof that racism was involved, is insanity.  
But that's not the way it is. People aren't seeing two marijuana arrests and screaming racism.

Instead, you see racism when you look at the system as a whole. There's no reason that blacks would be arrested for marijuana possession three times as often as whites despite a same rate of usage, yet, they are.
8/28/2014 10:30 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:27:00 AM (view original):

I don't, necessarily.
So there's doubt that both shootings were justifiable.
Is there? I don't know. What evidence do we have from the SLC shooting?
8/28/2014 10:31 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.