Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Murder is the case that they gave me....

4/14/2015 3:50 PM
My point is that the cop has zero credibility. Whatever story he wants to spin isn't going to easily hold up, since he knows he ****** up, so that's why he lied about the events that happened.

I also don't think there's a chance this ends up being a plea bargain.
4/14/2015 4:22 PM

To be honest I haven't read about the case except what has been posted here, but if the cop lied about things, that makes a lot of difference in my mind.

Innocent people don't have to lie. If anyone knows this it should be a policeman...

4/14/2015 4:37 PM (edited)
Depends on the lie.    I don't think there was a lot to make up.    As I said, the entire confrontation, from running car to shooting, was likely less than 30 seconds.   The biggest thing is the taser.  It was out.   I can't believe there's no evidence on who pulled it out.   If the cop pulled it and it failed to work, the cop is in deep ****.   If Scott took it from him, the story changes dramatically.    Other than the actual shooting, going back to pick up the taser is the worst thing out there.   But that's tampering not murder.
4/14/2015 4:47 PM
Cops are given a lot of leeway when using their weapons while on duty.    He was trying to apprehend a criminal.   It wasn't like he walked up to his car and fired 8 shots.    There was a struggle and he reacted poorly.   Recklessly even.    A fleeing man was killed.    Still doesn't prove murder.
4/14/2015 4:49 PM
It wasn't like he walked up to his car and fired 8 shots. 
Well, yeah. It wasn't like he walked up to his car and fired. Scott was running away. It doesn't prove murder but it was murder.
4/14/2015 4:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/14/2015 3:25:00 PM (view original):
I'd say it seems odd that BL can't see the other side of the story but that's sort of his M.O.     I think a murder conviction is possible but not likely.   IMO, a lot will depend on the "chase", the struggle and what Slager knew about Scott when he ran the first time.    The "chase" was less than 100 yards.   I imagine the entire incident was less than 30 seconds.    If Slager didn't say "I'm gonna shoot this ******" when he jumped out of the car, it's mostly just reaction to the situation.
In police dashboard camera video released Monday evening, Slager can be heard telling a fellow officer after the shooting he didn't understand why Scott ran away. "I don't understand why he took off like that," Slager said. "I don't understand why he'd run." So that's what the cop knew when he ran.
4/14/2015 9:05 PM
the death penalty is already off the table per the cheif prosecutor
4/14/2015 9:06 PM
Posted by moy23 on 4/14/2015 9:05:00 PM (view original):
I'd say it seems odd that BL can't see the other side of the story but that's sort of his M.O.     I think a murder conviction is possible but not likely.   IMO, a lot will depend on the "chase", the struggle and what Slager knew about Scott when he ran the first time.    The "chase" was less than 100 yards.   I imagine the entire incident was less than 30 seconds.    If Slager didn't say "I'm gonna shoot this ******" when he jumped out of the car, it's mostly just reaction to the situation.
In police dashboard camera video released Monday evening, Slager can be heard telling a fellow officer after the shooting he didn't understand why Scott ran away. "I don't understand why he took off like that," Slager said. "I don't understand why he'd run." So that's what the cop knew when he ran.
Pretty strong evidence that Slager didn't think Scott was likely to harm someone else. So that takes both of the Tennessee v Garner allowances for shooting a fleeing suspect off of the table.
4/14/2015 9:52 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/14/2015 9:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/14/2015 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Pretty strong evidence that Slager didn't think Scott was likely to harm someone else. So that takes both of the Tennessee v Garner allowances for shooting a fleeing suspect off of the table.
also doesn't sound like a guy acting out of malice. typically murder requires premeditation. juss sayin' (again)
4/14/2015 10:45 PM
Murder does not require premeditation. Malice aforethought simply means that you intended to cause harm.
4/14/2015 10:58 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/14/2015 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Murder does not require premeditation. Malice aforethought simply means that you intended to cause harm.
Voluntary manslaughter also means you intended to do harm, only without malice. Both charges have intention to do harm. Murder is typically premeditated whereas voluntary manslaughter is in the heat of the moment. Go read up on manslaughter and then tell me what differeciates the two charges if not premeditation.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/manslaughter
4/15/2015 12:20 AM (edited)
Malice IS intent to do harm. Jackass.
4/15/2015 12:37 AM
LOL AT  ALL THESE WHITE CRACKERS DESPERATELY LOOKING TO ABSOLVE A WHITE COP OF SHOOTING A DARKY IN THE BACK.

PATHETIC
4/15/2015 5:10 AM
NO ONE WANTS TO ABSOLVE THE COP, DUMBASS.
4/15/2015 6:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...108|109|110|111|112...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.