Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 4/29/2015 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 4/29/2015 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/29/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 4/29/2015 7:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/29/2015 6:57:00 AM (view original):
HEY, STUPID, PROTESTING IS NOT THE SAME AS RIOTING!!!

AND, OTHER STUPID, WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT THE SKIN COLOR OF THE RIOTERS?!?!?
Anytime anyone is calling out rioters for being stupid and not really helping the cause they are supposedly there for, OBVIOUSLY they REALLY mean black people...
It's not racist to call out the rioters for being stupid. It appears racist to be outraged at the rioters while not being so outraged at the seemingly violent death of a handcuffed misdemeanor suspect in police custody.
Key word 'seemingly'

When its PROVEN that the cops did anything to intentionally harm gray then I will be outraged at the cops. As for a bunch of thugs ACTUALLY burning the city down - yeah, I will express my outrage at that - especially since most of those doing the damage will never be caught or brought to trial. Its idiots like these rioters that give black people a bad image.
The police already admitted that they ****** up. I'm sure they didn't mean to sever his spine. They didn't intend to kill him. But they did **** up. They did abuse him. And they did neglect to get him medical treatment in time to save his life.

This is where the majority of the outrage should be directed. Cars can be replaced. Buildings are insured.
"Cars can be replaced. Buildings are insured."

This is where the liberal fucktards such as yourself jump the shark with your arguments.  I'd venture to guess that most, if not all, of the rioters and looters are doing so out of seeing this as nothing more than an opportunity to justify lawless behavior on their parts, with little to no chance of having to face the consequences of their actions.  They're not doing it out of any sense of moral or righteous indignation about the death of a homeless guy.  They're doing it for fun.  And because of "strength in numbers", they know they'll likely not get caught.

And with statements such as the one I quoted above, you're giving them a free pass by trivializing their actions.

Sure, "buildings are insured".  But if you're a small business owner that just had your shop burned to the ground, how long is it going to take to get your business rebuilt and up and running?  How do you replace the lost income to the business and the owner in the meantime?  How do the employees of said business replace their lost income in the meantime.

Yeah, let's just dismiss them with a casual "bah, insurance will take care of it" and give the lawless bastards a free pass to keep doing what they're doing.

BURN BABY, BURN!!!!
4/30/2015 7:20 AM
BOIN IT ALL DOWN!

SOAK THE FILTHY RICJ!
4/30/2015 7:40 AM
4/30/2015 7:48 AM
Not only the down time while your place is rebuilt, but then as everyone should know, when you file a claim the premium increases.
Usually substantially.
Maybe enough that the business owner who wasn't exactly raking, now cannot afford his/her new insurance costs and is forced to close.
4/30/2015 8:16 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/30/2015 7:20:00 AM (view original):

Anytime anyone is calling out rioters for being stupid and not really helping the cause they are supposedly there for, OBVIOUSLY they REALLY mean black people...
It's not racist to call out the rioters for being stupid. It appears racist to be outraged at the rioters while not being so outraged at the seemingly violent death of a handcuffed misdemeanor suspect in police custody.
Key word 'seemingly'

When its PROVEN that the cops did anything to intentionally harm gray then I will be outraged at the cops. As for a bunch of thugs ACTUALLY burning the city down - yeah, I will express my outrage at that - especially since most of those doing the damage will never be caught or brought to trial. Its idiots like these rioters that give black people a bad image.
The police already admitted that they ****** up. I'm sure they didn't mean to sever his spine. They didn't intend to kill him. But they did **** up. They did abuse him. And they did neglect to get him medical treatment in time to save his life.

This is where the majority of the outrage should be directed. Cars can be replaced. Buildings are insured.

This is where the liberal fucktards such as yourself jump the shark with your arguments.  I'd venture to guess that most, if not all, of the rioters and looters are doing so out of seeing this as nothing more than an opportunity to justify lawless behavior on their parts, with little to no chance of having to face the consequences of their actions.  They're not doing it out of any sense of moral or righteous indignation about the death of a homeless guy.  They're doing it for fun.  And because of "strength in numbers", they know they'll likely not get caught.

And with statements such as the one I quoted above, you're giving them a free pass by trivializing their actions.

Sure, "buildings are insured".  But if you're a small business owner that just had your shop burned to the ground, how long is it going to take to get your business rebuilt and up and running?  How do you replace the lost income to the business and the owner in the meantime?  How do the employees of said business replace their lost income in the meantime.

Yeah, let's just dismiss them with a casual "bah, insurance will take care of it" and give the lawless bastards a free pass to keep doing what they're doing.

BURN BABY, BURN!!!!
The rioting is absolutely wrong and should be stopped. I'm not giving anyone a pass. I'm simply saying that, of the two main events here, only one really worthy of outrage.
4/30/2015 9:02 AM
Posted by mchales_army on 4/30/2015 8:16:00 AM (view original):
Not only the down time while your place is rebuilt, but then as everyone should know, when you file a claim the premium increases.
Usually substantially.
Maybe enough that the business owner who wasn't exactly raking, now cannot afford his/her new insurance costs and is forced to close.
An insurance policy for a small business store front usually costs less than $1000 a year, includes coverage for lost income on a loss like a building fire or vandalism, and won't increase in premium from a loss like this.
4/30/2015 9:05 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/30/2015 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/30/2015 7:20:00 AM (view original):

Key word 'seemingly'

BURN BABY, BURN!!!!
The rioting is absolutely wrong and should be stopped. I'm not giving anyone a pass. I'm simply saying that, of the two main events here, only one really worthy of outrage.
So laughable
4/30/2015 9:25 AM
If by "laughable" you mean "stupid", I agree.

Millions of dollars of damage/lost income, rampant lawlessness threatening the safety of the general public is not really worthy of outrage.  

Only a ******* idiot thinks that way.  
4/30/2015 9:57 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/30/2015 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Usually substantially.
An insurance policy for a small business store front usually costs less than $1000 a year, includes coverage for lost income on a loss like a building fire or vandalism, and won't increase in premium from a loss like this.
Oh.  Well that just makes it all better.

Let the city burn to the ground. No big deal.  Somebody has insurance.  It's all good.

4/30/2015 10:48 AM
He's a ******* idiot.   I don't know why anyone responds to his dumbassery.
4/30/2015 10:51 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/30/2015 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Usually substantially.

Let the city burn to the ground. No big deal.  Somebody has insurance.  It's all good.

It's not "no big deal," but the outrage regarding the riot is far outstripping the outrage for Gray's death. Which is wrong. The police beating a handcuffed suspect to death is a tragedy. Rioters burning/breaking/stealing stuff is not.
4/30/2015 12:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/30/2015 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Usually substantially.

It's not "no big deal," but the outrage regarding the riot is far outstripping the outrage for Gray's death. Which is wrong. The police beating a handcuffed suspect to death is a tragedy. Rioters burning/breaking/stealing stuff is not.
Way to double-down on your stupidity.

If you had even an iota of self-awareness, you would STFU in these forums.

4/30/2015 2:41 PM
******* idiot.  
4/30/2015 2:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/30/2015 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Usually substantially.

Good to know that you disagree. In tec's world, a handcuffed man beaten to death by the police = no big deal. Rioters break glass, steal shoes, throw bricks = outrageous.

4/30/2015 2:59 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/30/2015 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/30/2015 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Usually substantially.

Good to know that you disagree. In tec's world, a handcuffed man beaten to death by the police = no big deal. Rioters break glass, steal shoes, throw bricks = outrageous.

Double dumbass.

Why can't they both be outrageous?

Or can you only handle one outrage at a time in your magical land of rainbows and unicorns?

4/30/2015 3:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...121|122|123|124|125...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.