Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

As I said before, being co-operative has proven to be the better option when dealing with the police.
8/29/2014 2:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
As I said before, being co-operative has proven to be the better option when dealing with the police.
Obviously being cooperative makes things easier. But you don't have to show ID in MN. And you don't have to be nice about it. And it isn't your job to make sure the police don't have hurt feelings.

It's the job of the police to be nice. It's the job of the police to handle situations like professionals.
8/29/2014 2:52 PM
This should probably be tested.  Let's send MikeT out to loiter around a school or a bank in MN.  When the cops come to hassle the overweight, beer-swilling redneck in the Yankee jersey with "Jeter" stenciled on the back, he should be obstreperous and argumentative about showing his ID.  

This would answer the question about the primal cause for tasering being RACIAL vs. DICKHEADEDNESS based.

Plus, it would get a shitload of youtube hits. 
8/29/2014 2:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Obviously being cooperative makes things easier. But you don't have to show ID in MN. And you don't have to be nice about it. And it isn't your job to make sure the police don't have hurt feelings.

It's the job of the police to be nice. It's the job of the police to handle situations like professionals.
No, the job of the police is "to protect and to serve", and if they feel that you represent a threat to them or the public, they have a right to act on that feeling.

Who the **** says their job is "to be nice"?
8/29/2014 2:54 PM
"To protect and be nice" is all over the cop cars where BL lives.

Being a dick to the authorities is a good way to get hassled.  
8/29/2014 2:57 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 2:54:00 PM (view original):

No, the job of the police is "to protect and to serve", and if they feel that you represent a threat to them or the public, they have a right to act on that feeling.

You don't think being nice plays a part in protecting and serving? I'd rank people skills near the top the list under "things needed to be a good police officer."

It's the police officer's job to be professional when citizens exercise their rights. Even if the citizen is a dick about it.
8/29/2014 2:58 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):

You don't think being nice plays a part in protecting and serving? I'd rank people skills near the top the list under "things needed to be a good police officer."

It's the police officer's job to be professional when citizens exercise their rights. Even if the citizen is a dick about it.
You must live in Polite-ville right near the border of CandyAssLand.  If a person is acting belligerently or aggressively towards a police officer or other authority figure, that person is more likely to be a threat to an ordinary citizen as well.  If the guy had said "I am within my rights to refuse to show you my ID in this state", then yeah, the cops overreacted.  If the guys says "GTF outta my face, racist pig", HGWHD.  Anything in the middle is open to interpretation and situation.
8/29/2014 3:05 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):

You must live in Polite-ville right near the border of CandyAssLand.  If a person is acting belligerently or aggressively towards a police officer or other authority figure, that person is more likely to be a threat to an ordinary citizen as well.  If the guy had said "I am within my rights to refuse to show you my ID in this state", then yeah, the cops overreacted.  If the guys says "GTF outta my face, racist pig", HGWHD.  Anything in the middle is open to interpretation and situation.
The guy in MN wasn't belligerent or aggressive. "I am within my rights to refuse to show you my ID," is almost exactly what he said. Did you watch the video?
8/29/2014 3:07 PM
Here's my last serious interaction with cops(I'll be as brief as possible):

I punched two guys for being disrepectful dipshits.  My friends grabbed me and stopped me from punching anyone else.   I was the only person to throw a punch and the bartender told me to get the **** out before she called the cops.  Testosterone flowing, I said "**** you.  I'll finish my beer and then I'll leave."   Shortly thereafter, three cop cars roll up.  Two officers walk in and she points at me.  They ask me to step outside.  Calmed down, I did as they asked.   They asked what I did and I said "Nothing.  I don't know what's going on."  Politely lying.  They said they were going to cuff me, put me in the car and find out why she called.  As soon as they cuffed me, one of my friends went apeshit.  Screaming profanities at the cops, acting aggressively and basically inciting everyone around.  They attempted to cuff him, he shoved a cop and then got roughed up a bit before being put in another car.   Cops came back 15 minutes later, told me that the bartender said I was being unruly but didn't want to press charges.   They wrote me up for disorderly conduct.  They told me to go home or I'd be going to jail.  I went home.   My friend spent some time in jail. 

Seems like doing as asked/told worked out better.
8/29/2014 3:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:13:00 PM (view original):

I punched two guys for being disrepectful dipshits.  My friends grabbed me and stopped me from punching anyone else.   I was the only person to throw a punch and the bartender told me to get the **** out before she called the cops.  Testosterone flowing, I said "**** you.  I'll finish my beer and then I'll leave."   Shortly thereafter, three cop cars roll up.  Two officers walk in and she points at me.  They ask me to step outside.  Calmed down, I did as they asked.   They asked what I did and I said "Nothing.  I don't know what's going on."  Politely lying.  They said they were going to cuff me, put me in the car and find out why she called.  As soon as they cuffed me, one of my friends went apeshit.  Screaming profanities at the cops, acting aggressively and basically inciting everyone around.  They attempted to cuff him, he shoved a cop and then got roughed up a bit before being put in another car.   Cops came back 15 minutes later, told me that the bartender said I was being unruly but didn't want to press charges.   They wrote me up for disorderly conduct.  They told me to go home or I'd be going to jail.  I went home.   My friend spent some time in jail. 

Who gives a ****?
8/29/2014 3:15 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 2:53:00 PM (view original):
This should probably be tested.  Let's send MikeT out to loiter around a school or a bank in MN.  When the cops come to hassle the overweight, beer-swilling redneck in the Yankee jersey with "Jeter" stenciled on the back, he should be obstreperous and argumentative about showing his ID.  

This would answer the question about the primal cause for tasering being RACIAL vs. DICKHEADEDNESS based.

Plus, it would get a shitload of youtube hits. 
If you don't want someone loitering somewhere, put up a sign that says so and don't put a bench out.
Or, if the police asked for identification, just give it to them. 
8/29/2014 3:20 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:13:00 PM (view original):

It's nice being white isn't it.
Didn't work out so well for my very white friend. 
8/29/2014 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.