Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 9/3/2014 3:08:00 PM (view original):
You're becoming more and more badluck everyday.  Nice dodge.    It's a public parking lot.  The guy isn't doing a damn thing but standing there.   Do you just go about your business or not?
Also, mall parking lots are private property.
9/3/2014 3:24 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/3/2014 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 9/3/2014 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Say he did that. He saw the cops walking up and decided to walk away.

Is that trespassing?

If someone lodged a police complaint, then they have to investigate it.  Or else, whiners like you would be complaining about how the police aren't doing their job and protecting us.
Of course they have to investigate. But they don't have to arrest and Lollie wasn't required to show ID.
Again, the part of the story you conveniently continue to ignore is: what happened, what was said, what was done, etc. in the minutes leading up to the video.

You're filling in the blanks with "he was just sitting there quietly".  He may have been.  But there is no concrete evidence to back that up.

He may have been doing something OTHER than "just sitting there quietly".

Seriously. Maybe he was having a rock concert with aliens. Or filming a gang bang. ANYTHING is possible.

The problem with your line of reasoning is that no one is saying any of that. There's no reason to believe he was doing anything other than sitting there both because that makes sense--a dad waiting to pick up his kids grabs a seat and starts looking at his phone--and because there is no competing narrative.
As I've mentioned before, you seem to be quite content to accept that this was entirely a case of RACISM!!!, pure and simple.  In fact, I'm guessing that you're actually welcoming it, as it gives you one of your beloved progressive social issues to talk about in a website dedicated to pretend sports.

Maybe it was racism.  I don't know that for a fact, as you think you do.

But as I've also mentioned before, there seems to be more that we DON'T know about the incident than we DO know.

Before casually accusing people of something as serious as RACISM!!!, maybe we should try to get a full understanding of the facts, whatever they may be.

9/3/2014 3:26 PM
Regardless of whether or not it was racism, it was terrible police work.
9/3/2014 3:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/3/2014 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/2/2014 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 9/2/2014 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Why did they tell him it was a private area when it wasn't?
The same reason I'd tell someone to beat it they stood in front of my house all day.   Legally, on the sidewalk.

How would you react if someone stood by your parked car for hours on end?
Nothing? 

You're parked at the mall.   Dude walks up and stands by your car when you get out.  You walk away, glance over your shoulder and he's still there.  Just hanging out.   How do you react?
Let's make this more fun.

He's a young man(19-20)
He's an old man(65+)
It's a woman and she's young
It's a woman and she's old

Now, if it's a young man, you'd do one of three:
1.  Return to your car and ask if you could help them or move your car.
2.  Tell mall security that there's a guy standing around in the parking lot acting a little strange(even if he's just standing there because "he's just standing there" isn't going to sound "right").
3.  Call the cops

Don't lie because you know damn good and well that you would not be comfortable leaving your car with this fellow standing 3 feet away for no apparent reason.

Now, and don't lie this time either, do you react the same way if it's one of the other three(old man, young/old woman)?

Feel free to assign skin color if you'd like but I'd react in the same manner, to each individual type, regardless of it.
9/3/2014 3:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Again, without all the facts, how can you arrive there as a definite conclusion?

Or, right.  You can't.

You just want to blame the cops.

9/3/2014 3:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/3/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):
The same reason I'd tell someone to beat it they stood in front of my house all day.   Legally, on the sidewalk.

Nothing? 

You're parked at the mall.   Dude walks up and stands by your car when you get out.  You walk away, glance over your shoulder and he's still there.  Just hanging out.   How do you react?

He's a young man(19-20)
He's an old man(65+)

2.  Tell mall security that there's a guy standing around in the parking lot acting a little strange(even if he's just standing there because "he's just standing there" isn't going to sound "right").
3.  Call the cops

Don't lie because you know damn good and well that you would not be comfortable leaving your car with this fellow standing 3 feet away for no apparent reason.

Now, and don't lie this time either, do you react the same way if it's one of the other three(old man, young/old woman)?

Feel free to assign skin color if you'd like but I'd react in the same manner, to each individual type, regardless of it.
Mall parking lots are private property.
9/3/2014 3:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/3/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Again, without all the facts, how can you arrive there as a definite conclusion?

Or, right.  You can't.

And you just want to blame Lollie
9/3/2014 3:42 PM

Or, right.  You can't.

Well, yeah.   The asked a black man a question.  That's obviously RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
9/3/2014 3:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/3/2014 3:44:00 PM (view original):

Or, right.  You can't.

Well, yeah.   The asked a black man a question.  That's obviously RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
No one is upset that they asked him a question.
9/3/2014 3:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):

Or, right.  You can't.

No.

I just want to know what happened before I blame anybody.

Is that unreasonable?

9/3/2014 3:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 9/3/2014 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):

Or, right.  You can't.

No.

I just want to know what happened before I blame anybody.

Is that unreasonable?

Really...because I could have sworn you argued for several pages that Lollie should have just shown his ID...
9/3/2014 4:02 PM
Posted by The Taint on 9/3/2014 3:54:00 PM (view original):

Nothing? 

He's a young man(19-20)
He's an old man(65+)

3.  Call the cops

Eh, id walk away from my car with the windows down. It's what I always do. If you want the three bucks in change in my center console, have at it. Just don't break my window to get to it. I leave my car unlocked constantly. There's nothing in it worth taking.

Then you're the biggest pacifist, or *****, on the face of the earth.   You'd just walk away if you saw someone you felt was about to ransack your car.  

Congrats on your pacifism/pussiness.

9/3/2014 4:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/3/2014 4:02:00 PM (view original):

Nothing? 

He's a young man(19-20)
He's an old man(65+)

3.  Call the cops

Eh, id walk away from my car with the windows down. It's what I always do. If you want the three bucks in change in my center console, have at it. Just don't break my window to get to it. I leave my car unlocked constantly. There's nothing in it worth taking.

Then you're the biggest pacifist, or *****, on the face of the earth.   You'd just walk away if you saw someone you felt was about to ransack your car.  

Seriously, you don't even have to take an active role in finding out what the hell is going on.   Just go to mall security and walk away.    But you would rather just say "Yeah, go thru my stuff.  I'm cool with it."
9/3/2014 4:12 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/3/2014 4:02:00 PM (view original):

Nothing? 

He's a young man(19-20)
He's an old man(65+)

3.  Call the cops

lol
9/3/2014 4:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...45|46|47|48|49...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.