Fixing baseball Topic

BAN TERRY COLLINS!
8/16/2014 12:58 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/16/2014 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by winner77 on 8/16/2014 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Obviously, the game is slowed down some by pitchers taking too long in between each pitch, and batters stepping out of the box.  Those are obvious reasons, but I think the specialized pitching is what really impacts it.  Managers will make 4-5 pitching changes from the 6th inning on sometimes, and if both teams are doing that....adds a lot of time to each game.

I feel uncomfortable telling a manager he can't make substitutions when he wants to try to win a game.  
I am not saying you tell them to stop doing it, I am saying that the specialization of pitchers has added a lot of time to the games because of all the substitutions.  I don't think that can be helped.
8/19/2014 4:25 PM
◂ Prev 123
Fixing baseball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.