GUESS Report Idea / Question Topic

In the STAGG thread, someone asked if it were possible to give class rankings for SO/JR/SR classes, instead of just overall and recruits.

It's *possible*, but it would take a sizable amount of new code to do so, and I'd have decide what to do with previously red-shirted players, and have to figure out the best way to present the data. However, if there's enough interest, I'd tackle the project.

So... what do you think? Useful information? Worthless Fluff?  Mildly interesting?
8/22/2014 1:46 PM
I was the one that asked and I think it would be a great tool to measure player development.  It sounds like it would be a lot of work though and it isn't fair to ask you to do more than you already do.  
8/22/2014 1:57 PM
You can click on a players name and bring up his GUESS history.
8/22/2014 3:39 PM
I wish you still published all players data every season as you used to, a couple years ago. Then I could do all that myself.
8/22/2014 5:13 PM
I like the idea bob
8/22/2014 5:19 PM
BOB Thank-you you make the game fun
8/22/2014 5:31 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 8/22/2014 1:46:00 PM (view original):
In the STAGG thread, someone asked if it were possible to give class rankings for SO/JR/SR classes, instead of just overall and recruits.

It's *possible*, but it would take a sizable amount of new code to do so, and I'd have decide what to do with previously red-shirted players, and have to figure out the best way to present the data. However, if there's enough interest, I'd tackle the project.

So... what do you think? Useful information? Worthless Fluff?  Mildly interesting?
This would be most interesting and useful information about the players. Slerrrrrrp!  

Yes this is a great idea.

8/22/2014 6:13 PM
Great idea. How can the rest of us help?
8/22/2014 7:41 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 8/22/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I think this is the best answer. I've shared this feature with several people and they had no idea.
8/22/2014 8:05 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 8/22/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
True, but it doesn't show you how your class as a whole has done.
8/22/2014 8:16 PM
Posted by badaxe on 8/22/2014 5:13:00 PM (view original):
I wish you still published all players data every season as you used to, a couple years ago. Then I could do all that myself.
I'm not sure what you mean by this... you mean list all of the player attributes on the roster page?   Can't you get this from your own team's roster page on the WIS site ?
8/22/2014 8:19 PM
How much are you going to click?
8/23/2014 7:49 AM
I don't want to risk burning Bob out. He is too valuable.
8/23/2014 7:55 PM
I think this would be awesome - as for RS's - I would lump them into the class they were signed with - it will give us a better overall picture of how a recruit class stacks up year to year
8/24/2014 1:52 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 8/22/2014 1:46:00 PM (view original):

1 SQL statement using a GROUP BY will do the trick.
8/25/2014 7:23 AM
123 Next ▸
GUESS Report Idea / Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.