Stamina 46  
Strength 46  
Blocking 34  
Tackling 24  
Hands 43  
Game Instinct 50  
Elusiveness 68  
Technique 38  

Jesse Locke is another that will probably redshirt, though it isn't for a lack of talent. Quite the opposite, actually, as he could turn out to be a heck of a running back. He's very similar to Jerry Metcalf, who I recruited last year, and he's turned out to be a huge prospect.

Potential: "He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us."
12/3/2014 12:33 PM
WR Raymond Williams
School: Brookfield Township HS Hometown: Riverside, IL
556 Rating

Athleticism 48  
Speed 70  
Durability 49  
Work Ethic 35  
Stamina 65  
Strength 21  
Blocking 54  
Tackling 11  
Hands 61  
Game Instinct 26  
Elusiveness 69  
Technique 47  

The local WR pool was pretty bad, but I wound up with two decent prospects. Raymond Williams is the better of the two; he's already a burner, and while I wish his game instinct was better, that'll improve, and it isn't like I need him to contribute right away. I'm pretty excited about him.

Potential: "With your coaching, I think his game has a lot of room to grow."
12/3/2014 12:38 PM
WR Tommy Howard
School: Sanborn HS Hometown: Kingston, NH
564 Rating

Athleticism 42  
Speed 65  
Durability 27  
Work Ethic 32  
Stamina 38  
Strength 44  
Blocking 68  
Tackling 27  
Hands 57  
Game Instinct 48  
Elusiveness 55  
Technique 61  

I generally don't travel too far for recruits, but Tommy Howard was an exception because of the local WR crop being very poor. Howard is essentially a finished product, which sort of stinks. However, he's got decent stats (and is a heck of a blocker for a wide receiver), so he may not wind up too bad. He was easily the best option of a bad WR group, so I think I did OK.

Potential: "He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years."
12/3/2014 12:48 PM
OL William Adkins
School: Ada HS Hometown: Ada, OK
531 Rating

Athleticism 53  
Speed 35  
Durability 33  
Work Ethic 59  
Stamina 51  
Strength 66  
Blocking 56  
Tackling 30  
Hands 22  
Game Instinct 50  
Elusiveness 44  
Technique 32  

William Adkins is one of two OL recruits this year, and I really like him. His core numbers are good, his work ethic is through the roof, and I really like his game instinct, which is high for an OL. He should make a good starter in a few seasons' time.

12/3/2014 12:57 PM
OL Raymond Benson
School: Fayetteville East HS Hometown: Fayetteville, AR
512 Rating

Athleticism 38  
Speed 38  
Durability 16  
Work Ethic 47  
Stamina 60  
Strength 74  
Blocking 50  
Tackling 35  
Hands 25  
Game Instinct 34  
Elusiveness 43  
Technique 52  

Raymond Benson is raw, but he's got the potential to develop nicely. His strength is a huge plus, and I like his technique. He'll have time to develop into a better player, and he should turn out OK.

12/3/2014 1:02 PM
DL Mark Gardner
School: Prairie Ridge HS Hometown: Crystal Lake, IL
565 Rating

Athleticism 66  
Speed 26  
Durability 47  
Work Ethic 36  
Stamina 60  
Strength 64  
Blocking 46  
Tackling 56  
Hands 28  
Game Instinct 47  
Elusiveness 44  
Technique 45  

DL was a big need this time around, as we've got two seniors and three juniors at that spot currently. We got two of them here, and Mark Gardner may be my best recruit this year regardless of position. He's an athletic, physical player with room to improve, and I'm really pleased to have him.

Potential: "I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special."
12/3/2014 1:08 PM
DL Louis Reynolds
School: Checotah HS Hometown: Checotah, OK
559 Rating

Athleticism 44  
Speed 29  
Durability 53  
Work Ethic 52  
Stamina 58  
Strength 51  
Blocking 19  
Tackling 70  
Hands 43  
Game Instinct 46  
Elusiveness 53  
Technique 41  

Louis Reynolds is already a great tackler, and there's not a single part of his game that's BAD. He's pretty well-rounded, and his high potential and good work ethic suggest he'll turn into a very strong player.

Potential: "He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us."
12/3/2014 1:12 PM
LB Robert Edwards
School: Southridge HS Hometown: Huntingburg, IN
568 Rating

Athleticism 36  
Speed 45  
Durability 58  
Work Ethic 49  
Stamina 46  
Strength 60  
Blocking 35  
Tackling 65  
Hands 18  
Game Instinct 41  
Elusiveness 72  
Technique 43  

We really needed depth at linebacker since we return just four of them, and with signing three LB's, we got that. Robert Edwards may be the best of the bunch. He's got hands of stone, but he plays the run exceptionally well and should grow into a really nice player.

12/3/2014 1:16 PM
LB Michael Peacock
School: Tremper HS Hometown: Kenosha, WI
573 Rating

Athleticism 48  
Speed 54  
Durability 41  
Work Ethic 40  
Stamina 69  
Strength 61  
Blocking 28  
Tackling 58  
Hands 33  
Game Instinct 37  
Elusiveness 56  
Technique 48  

Michael Peacock isn't as much of a prospect as Edwards is, but he's pretty solid in most facets. His overall rating is inflated somewhat by stamina, but he's got good athleticism and speed coming in and should be OK.

Potential: "I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special."
12/3/2014 1:19 PM
LB Jonathan Tyler
School: Fossil Ridge HS Hometown: Keller, TX
563 Rating

Athleticism 46  
Speed 36  
Durability 77  
Work Ethic 49  
Stamina 50  
Strength 56  
Blocking 16  
Tackling 60  
Hands 30  
Game Instinct 51  
Elusiveness 52  
Technique 40  

One of my LB's is going to redshirt, and it's probably going to be Jonathan Tyler. He's not a bad player, and he's got room to improve, but his overall rating is hugely inflated due to durability. Still, he's a good prospect, and he should benefit from the extra year.

12/3/2014 2:44 PM
DB James Gaines
School: Mount Horeb HS Hometown: Mount Horeb, WI
567 Rating

Athleticism 47  
Speed 61  
Durability 35  
Work Ethic 43  
Stamina 62  
Strength 30  
Blocking 24  
Tackling 58  
Hands 51  
Game Instinct 59  
Elusiveness 54  
Technique 43  

Once again, the local DB pool wasn't great, but thankfully I at least got one decent prospect. We have two seniors and two juniors, so James Gaines was a pretty important signing. He's very solid across the board, with no real weaknesses in his game, and I think he'll make a very good starter down the road.

Potential: "I think his potential is pretty average - nothing special."
12/3/2014 2:48 PM
K Harvey Sandoval
School: West Ouachita HS Hometown: West Monroe, LA
445 Rating; #134 K

Athleticism 22  
Speed 11  
Durability 38  
Work Ethic 71  
Stamina 43  
Strength 41  
Blocking 29  
Tackling 27  
Hands 22  
Game Instinct 52  
Elusiveness 46  
Technique 43  

Finally, Harvey Sandoval is Randy Wilson's replacement, and he should be OK. His core numbers are fine, and I love his work ethic, which means he'll reach his potential about as quickly as possible.

Potential: "I think his potential is pretty average - nothing special."
12/3/2014 2:58 PM
The GUESS reports have the recruiting class ranked 23rd nationally, which seems about right. Down the line, though, that may be a slight under-ranking, as the reports were very kind to Gutierrez and Locke, who will both redshirt.

We're ranked #16 in both the Press and Coaches' polls to start the season.

EDIT (12/9/14): Additionally, Charles Johnson and Raymond Gorman were named Pre-Seaon All American honorable mentions.

12/9/2014 3:16 PM (edited)
Well, we're 1-4, with the four losses coming to teams that are a combined 19-1. Most recently, we led 20-10 in the third quarter at #9 Slippery Rock and lost 27-20. We are NOT a bad team, but I did overschedule, and it cost us in out-of-conference play. It looks like our only chance of getting to the playoffs is winning our conference. That's certainly doable with only two other human-coached teams in the league, but we've lost some winnable games against really good teams, and I hope that doesn't hurt us down the road.
12/14/2014 2:36 PM
We ran the table in-conference to end our regular season at 9-4. This included a come-from-behind win over a good Cheyney team to put us in the MIAA title game against Central Missouri State, another good human-coached team. We lead 14-3 at the half, and need to win to make the playoffs.
12/23/2014 8:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
The Washburn-Topeka Ichabods Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.