ODL XLIX chat Topic

It somewhat amazes me hoe sought after Mookie B is.  I have never really thought of taking him because of his low eFG and relatively low ast %, but Mook always seems to end up on very good teams.  Pairing him with Rodman/Noah meant I can deal with his low %'s easier.  

My problem is that with Noah/Rodman, I need usg to make up for it, so I took 'Melo and plan on putting him at SG, unless someone steals the pick I plan on next.  If they do, I will go a different direction.  My 5th pick is a surprise, that I don't think anyone has used before.  If I get this guy, I cant wait to see how it pans out.
9/9/2014 5:38 AM
Mookie doesn't have low efg%, especially in a 47 mil league. He also has great D, good rebounding for a PG, and low negatives.
9/9/2014 7:54 AM
Did I mention I have already passed the A+ and CCENT exams this year? And these are the new A+ exams, the 220-801 and 220-802 exams, which are a mofo to pass. I know since I did. They only good thing I can say is when it asked me to synch mail accounts for a job computer, home computer, and Iphone it at least gave me the port # for Imap. (143 btw, or 993 if you want secure connection...and you do. pop3 is 110, or 995 secure. you will be tested....) 6 questions on windows XP, really tired of seeing those.

You know when you read about this massive data breaches at retailers? Everybody heard of RAID arrays? As in Redundant Array of Independent Discs? Standard encryption algorithms with two key verification (threefish, a blowfish derivative, a vast improvement over AES, let alone moving up to 2056 bit encryption ciphers like my VPN uses)? Seriously, you break up sensitive data in to partial fields, encrypt it and stripe it across various hard rives, and very very hard to crack. Let me explain to you: EVERY SINGLE ONE of those breaches are INSIDE JOBS.

TNO : trust no one. Seriously, these companies are criminally incompetent in how they handle their data... and their employees for that matter.

Just thought you might want to know, and go cash as far as possible.
9/9/2014 9:00 AM (edited)
As a note on encryption systems if you are using AES (very common standard for wireless communications) you are an idiot anyway. DES was written with known backdoors in it, everybody said it for years, they finally admitted it ...sort of. Well, the same people are bringing you AES, so seriously,what are the odds?

The good news is QKD's are here and do work. The bad news is, whatever you read about encryption algorithms, attacks, vulnerabilities etc., a lot of it will be deliberate lies fed by intelligence agencies and their willing stooges.
9/9/2014 8:59 AM
Question. What do you consider Birds best wis season?
9/9/2014 10:13 AM
His seasons are very similar and expensive. 87-88 or 81-82 maybe? The 87-88 is his best shooting and his fouls + TO's are ridiculously low, but his defense is weaker than other years.

Personally I think he is too expensive for the ODL generally speaking.
9/9/2014 11:39 AM
Getting a lot of flack for putting Bird with Kobe. However when paired with low usage Ibaka, Cheeks, along with my 5th starter yet to be named, but should have a big usage either.... How does this not work? It's all about numbers right? As long as I'm putting the correct usage on the floor they should be fine... Am I wrong?
9/9/2014 2:34 PM
As a guy who had Kobe in the finals twice in this league I'd offer this advice: split 48mpg at a specific position between Kobe and Bird. That will (1) lock down adequate usage at all times to avoid the team usage penalty and (2) minimize the amount of time Kobe is stealing shots from Bird.
9/9/2014 2:53 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 9/9/2014 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Question. What do you consider Birds best wis season?
depends...if bird is my main #1 scoring option and im counting on him for 25+ every night then i go with the 87-88 version...its his best scoring season and my personal favorite

but if i need him to play sg...then its 86-87

if i need more defense...then its 84-85
9/9/2014 5:48 PM
Posted by cjok1051 on 9/9/2014 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Getting a lot of flack for putting Bird with Kobe. However when paired with low usage Ibaka, Cheeks, along with my 5th starter yet to be named, but should have a big usage either.... How does this not work? It's all about numbers right? As long as I'm putting the correct usage on the floor they should be fine... Am I wrong?
i dont mind the bird/kobe combo....if you get the right pieces around them it could work...with cheeks/ibaka you have great defense, but are quickly becoming a team that struggles on the glass
9/9/2014 5:51 PM
cjok, put Kobe @ the 1, Cheeks @ the 2 and Bird @ the 3. That way you won't get jam'd on usage and you'll get an extra assist or 2 from Kobe..
9/9/2014 8:08 PM
Posted by dh555 on 9/9/2014 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cjok1051 on 9/9/2014 2:34:00 PM (view original):
i dont mind the bird/kobe combo....if you get the right pieces around them it could work...with cheeks/ibaka you have great defense, but are quickly becoming a team that struggles on the glass
time for some cheezy low usage boardlords.
9/9/2014 8:11 PM
Fact^^^
9/9/2014 10:34 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 9/9/2014 8:08:00 PM (view original):
cjok, put Kobe @ the 1, Cheeks @ the 2 and Bird @ the 3. That way you won't get jam'd on usage and you'll get an extra assist or 2 from Kobe..
what in the world makes you think playing Cheeks at the 2 and Kobe at the 1 will change the usage and assists of your players?
9/9/2014 11:28 PM
prior experience w/high usage teams.
9/9/2014 11:31 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
ODL XLIX chat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.