How to stop I-formation/RB pass offense Topic

Posted by pete_61 on 9/28/2014 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by grindi on 9/27/2014 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Even beating elites with non BCS teams

http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4963814
If you break down this game using Yatzr's game analyzer you can see what happened to FSU. First they were lined up in a 4-4 which I have already noted is a shaky defense against this type offensive attack because there is only one Safety. FSU lined up to defend against run as much as 50% of the game while WMU was passing 100% of the time. Of the four LB's available, LB1 & LB2 were always set to line to cover run plays (Unnecessarily), that left LB's 3&4 to defend the two RB's in the pass pattern, which might have been enough if they were good. But then FSU also had LB's 3&4 blitzing on almost every down, which meant that there was only one LB covering two RB's in pass defense for most of the ballgame. The FSU Safety was not much help on short to medium passes since he had to potentially defend three receivers on long or deep routes. WMU blocked with his TE giving him 6 blockers against 5 rushers and he threw mostly short to medium passes to his RB's. This was a great and well executed offensive game plan, all that his QB had to do was pick out the open RB receiver and play pitch and catch with him.
Ok...call me stupid, but how can you tell from the above that LB1 and LB2 set to line?
9/28/2014 8:54 PM
LB's 1&2 never appear in coverage or in the blitz, so I make the assumption that they must be line.
9/28/2014 9:32 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 9/28/2014 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Pete_61 don't give away all of my secrets all at once.
LOL, I was wondering how long it would take you to call me out! I just wanted to point out that, although the game engine is not perfect, it is not always the game programers fault. You just happened to have been the example that was posted and you have to know that I chuckled when I saw who it was, please show mercy on the payback. :O
9/28/2014 9:38 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 9/28/2014 9:38:00 PM (view original):
LOL, I was wondering how long it would take you to call me out! I just wanted to point out that, although the game engine is not perfect, it is not always the game programers fault. You just happened to have been the example that was posted and you have to know that I chuckled when I saw who it was, please show mercy on the payback. :O
Never would payback, just pay it forward. You just have to know somebody, that knows somebody, that knows something about the game and how to play it. :)
9/28/2014 10:52 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 9/28/2014 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pete_61 on 9/28/2014 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Never would payback, just pay it forward. You just have to know somebody, that knows somebody, that knows something about the game and how to play it. :)
Ha ha ha, that's cool!
9/29/2014 12:35 AM
Most helpful thread of GD 3.0. Thanks for the effort on the analysis. 
9/29/2014 5:05 PM
◂ Prev 1234
How to stop I-formation/RB pass offense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.