are there any limitations to diamonds in the rough?

do they have to be "below" a certain ratings threshold in order to qualify
or can it be any player

10/23/2014 4:16 PM
There is some OVR qualification.   That's why it's mostly D-SS, C and RP. 
10/23/2014 4:29 PM
I've never seena DITR worth crap.  Its a stupid and useless feature.  If they're going to do it, at least make a DITR who actually turns into something once in a while.
10/23/2014 7:26 PM
My DITRs have usually turned out the be the last guy on his team I'd expect or want to get the DITR. Yet other owners have actually had some good enough to end up on the major league waiver wire.

10/23/2014 7:35 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Pinky Hubbard was my best.   I've had several play 4-5 seasons in the bigs.
10/23/2014 7:50 PM
The theory behind this post was this:

What if I had zero bad minor leaguers? Work with me here. No studs, but no duds either

It would be a huge project team. About 5 seasons to implement. But heres the strategy.

Spend my IFA budget on cheap average talent. $1m-$3m guys. That gets me hitters/pitchers with splits in the 50's. Throw in my 1st and 2nd rounders, plus a supplemental pick here and there, gets my 4 maybe 5 more players.

Thats 15 or so career AAA'ers on my roster per season. I can fill in with some minor league FAs, and stretch my IFA budget. I know icould pull in 25 players a season, while filling my ML roster with free agents.

So, 5 seasons later, my minors are FILLED solid with 55/50/55/55/60 hitters. And 75/60/55/55 pitchers. When DITR come around, there no chance I dont end up with 2 ML starters out of it.

Thus the question posed earlier, is there a threshold. And if so, as you guys say, then would I just not get any DITRs??
10/23/2014 9:15 PM
DitR have to (a) be 24 years old or less and (b) have a "true" projected overall of less than 55 or 57 or some number in that vicinity.  Guys you described like that would have too high a projected overall to get a DitR unless they were a low durability C or 1B, or a low stamina RP.
10/24/2014 12:05 AM
So that answers my question. A team with all player having a true projection over 58, would never have a DITR
10/24/2014 1:01 AM
Posted by mrpolo09 on 10/24/2014 1:01:00 AM (view original):
So that answers my question. A team with all player having a true projection over 58, would never have a DITR
Most likely, that is correct.
10/24/2014 6:41 AM
I am fairly certain I know the answer but does anyone know for sure if the player has to be on your active roster to get hit with the DitR? Had a random thought once to just inactivate all crap players. I'm sure it wouldn't work but was a thought nonetheless.
10/27/2014 2:50 PM
I've never rec'd an inactive DITR.   I do exactly what you thought of randomly.
10/27/2014 3:06 PM
Wasn't it hinted at once - in a developer chat or something - that there's something a manager can do to help generate a DITR?  Any one know if this is true?

About the only thing I've been able to guess is that - in my case - they seem to go to players who unexpectedly get more playing time than their ratings would lead you to expect.  Sometimes in the minors you have players who are only bench quality but end up starting because you have no one else at the position.  This also accounts for RPs who end up getting more innings than you'd really want them to.

10/27/2014 3:22 PM
I've gotten DITR's for active players who have received very little playing time, so I don't think "more than expected playing time" is a factor.
10/27/2014 3:34 PM
Which cycle does it happen in, again? We are having the ASG in the PM2 cycle so I could potentially test the active/inactive player theory within the next 24 hours.
10/27/2014 6:22 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.