AM cycle 2 the morning after the ASG.
10/27/2014 7:02 PM
I finally got a DITR that wasn't a C or RP:  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Yorman Maradona

I know you won't be able to see his projections through the link, but here's what I see with 12 in ADV

Player Lvl Frn Pos % Age Action
Yorman Maradona HiA CIN LF 100 24 91 69 47 100 49 78 79 60 0 74 53 51 72 23 Remove

I can't recall ever seeing an everyday player end up with the potential of hitting those numbers.

10/29/2014 12:53 AM
He's 24 years old.  His current offensive numbers (after the immediate DITR boost) are 34/66/27/45/51.

He has zero chance of getting anywhere near 47/100/49/78/79.

10/29/2014 9:14 AM
Do teams with weaker minor league systems end up with more DITRs than others? How random is that?
5/20/2017 6:24 PM
Posted by frymaster99 on 10/27/2014 2:50:00 PM (view original):
I am fairly certain I know the answer but does anyone know for sure if the player has to be on your active roster to get hit with the DitR? Had a random thought once to just inactivate all crap players. I'm sure it wouldn't work but was a thought nonetheless.
No he doesn't have to be on your roster. Player Profile: Yamil Sojo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports. The day I signed Sojo and before I even had assigned him. He got the DITR bump at same time he signed. Only time that I have seen this happen. I also have been dumping my garbage minor league guys and replacing them with 50 something international and drafted players. In a few leagues that I have been in for a several seasons, I am starting to get good to low ML quality players with diamond bumps. Player Profile: Kevin Ishida - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports Player Profile: Jeff King - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports Player Profile: Yordano Guapo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports Player Profile: Dayan Aparicio - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports Player Profile: F.P. Linton - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
5/24/2017 11:15 AM
Sorry, kind of jumbled everything together on that post.
5/24/2017 11:19 AM
I believe that cutoff is around 59.
5/24/2017 11:20 AM
Thx for posting -- so as long as not deactivated, right? And primarily defensive players and pitchers? And any idea if current team performance has any affect on how many you get (in a given season)?
5/24/2017 12:37 PM
Yes, you can control who is eligible by inactivating trash guys during the all-star break. The only tricky part is the Rookie team which 1- has to have at least 20 players activated at all times, and 2- does not have any off cycles during the all-star break

Aside from that, the eligibility limitations are:
-there is no way to know who will get it and who will not.
-minimum of 0, maximum of 5 per franchise per season
-anecdotally, teams with notoriously bad minor leagues do seem to get closer to 5 but I do not have data to back this up. The ones they get are bad so it does not really matter. I'm satisfied with 2, if I get 3 I'm very happy. Sometimes you get 0 and that sucks
-must be on Active Roster on the DITR cycle.
-Makeup correlates to how big the initial boost is, as well as who has the highest potential OVR ceiling
-must be 24 years old or younger. **Pro years can be up to 6 and is not a limitation
-must be Projected OVR 59 or lower. Due to fluctuations in ADV budget this is an estimate. Guys with "55 projected" may not actually be eligible, and guys with "60+ projected" may actually be eligible
-iirc the highest Current OVR prior to DITR that I've ever observed personally is 52, but I may have observed up to 55 on other teams
-certain attributes are always fixed (defensive arm strength, all of the yellows, bunting and push/pull, and pitching velocity and gb/fb), while certain attributes can boost wildly (range+glove+arm accuracy and also PC for catchers, contact+power+hitting splits+eye, baserunning IQ, stamina+control+pitching splits+P1 thru P5.)
-sometimes Starting pitchers/long relievers with 3 pitches are capable of adding a 4th pitch. This has only been recently observed and may have been recently added. It may also relate to a pitcher who had previously lost his 4th pitch and has now regained it. I suppose the logic also applies to P4/P5 but I have not observed it personally
-long pitchers with P ranges such as 65-50-20-40 sometimes get "rounded off" to 70-60-35-35 (secondary pitches can go upwards and/or downwards)
-Because of the nature of fixed/variable attributes, the best candidates are always the ones who are already high in fixed attributes and currently low in the variables. This is why catchers and relief pitchers benefit the most, it's because of the nature of their fixed attributes.
-always Promote at the end of the season so that they get a big jump to carry over to the next season.

Best ones I've gotten when controlling via active/inactive:
Player Profile: Derek Jenkins (80 OVR RP)
Player Profile: Fernando Colon (79 OVR RP and climbing)
Player Profile: Javier Guzman (73 OVR sicko defensive C with reasonable bat)
Player Profile: Damaso Castillo (career .785 OPS with career 2.77 catcher ERA)
Player Profile: Aneury Cabrera (74 OVR C, traded for ML pitching, having a .950 OPS season)

On the horizon:
Player Profile: Enrique Costilla (C with excessive defense and a decent hitting stroke)
Player Profile: Yordano Lorenzo (SS with allegedly 80 OVR potential, note the DITR boost of +16 vL and the Promotion boost of +6 more vL, and +14 eye and +4 eye with promotion boost. Need to bank those)
Player Profile: Pablo Ramirez (C with big promotion boosts)
Player Profile: Matthew Dubler (RP who could be good)
Player Profile: John Paul (RP who could be good)

5/31/2017 4:04 PM
Damag, how did you get the promotion bonus so high? Feel like I'm missing an important HBD boost with that one.
5/31/2017 4:37 PM
I'm pretty sure you get those bumps regardless. Promotion just lets you see it before rollover. You never notice it (unless you're keeping notes) the following season because you can't see the individual cycles any more. Doesn't hurt to do it anyway though.
5/31/2017 11:25 PM
The closer to the "Regular Season" ratings bump the higher the Promotion bonus will be. If your player goes through a cycle every 35 games or whatever, f you promote him after 34 games he will get almost that whole ratings bump. If you promote him after like 10 games you will get no ratings bump, or at best very very little.
6/1/2017 11:02 AM
It's inaccurate to call it a bonus though IMO, it's just a timestamp event to update you on the player's progress. If you promote the player, that promotion takes the place of the "Regular Season" bump. Those ratings increases happen regardless if you promote the player or not.
6/1/2017 11:16 AM
Yeah kind of exactly what I just said.
6/1/2017 11:24 AM
6 points seems like a really high 'Regular season bump' considering the guys in question were getting bumps of 3 points in the same categories before. I think this one requires further investigation.
6/1/2017 11:26 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.