Posted by hockey1984 on 6/1/2017 11:26:00 AM (view original):
6 points seems like a really high 'Regular season bump' considering the guys in question were getting bumps of 3 points in the same categories before. I think this one requires further investigation.
(was me, not damag)

This discussion ties into previous ones about whether it matters whether to promote at the end or not. Me and Mike and others promote at the end, and this is why. There is debate over whether this end-of-season promotion is "use it or lose it", in other words would I still have gotten this same boost tacked on the end of spring training, or does the post-season development expire at rollover?

Using the example of Player Profile: Yordano Lorenzo alone, I am virtually 100% certain that end-of-season development is NOT carried over as a remainder, and is wiped away and reset downwards to the nearest whole number. Lorenzo's next season spring training boost by itself will be probably +3 vL and +3 eye, so if it's "carrying over" I would be seeing +9 and +8 in each of those categories and I can confidently assume that has literally never happened for anyone ever.

So yeah, don't forget to do those end-of-season promotions!!!
6/1/2017 4:25 PM
My season is almost over and I will promote all my prospects, but I have one prospect who just became eligible to come off the DL - if I leave him on the DL, will he get another ratings boost at 161? Player Profile: Marc Dougherty - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports - I guess I can wait until after the ML season and then take him off the DL and promote, doubt I would get a promotion boost there, but I guess it's worth a try.
6/1/2017 4:30 PM
mrpolo09
The theory behind this post was this: What if I had zero bad minor leaguers?

This is completely realistic, at least within the Low-A/High-A/AA range. Again, Rookie is tricky because 1- roster must have at least 20 players activated at all times, and 2- does not have any off cycles during the all-star break. It's difficult to draft more than 10 prime DITR candidates in any given season, and also it's unrealistic/impossible to de-activate all the fodder that you don't want interfering with your best candidates. So you kinda just have to pray that the RNG doesn't waste a diamond on a crappy guy like Player Profile: Josh Lofton. But alas, all we can do is lament that Josh got it instead of Player Profile: Hank Hanrahan or Player Profile: Alexei Castillo or Player Profile: Dante Yoshii, who all would have boosted to ~80 potential OVR (topping out at ~75 OVR fully developed)

the point I'm trying to make is that yes you can purposely assemble Low-A/High-A/AA made up of exclusively DITR candidates. Check out my Franchise Profile: Family Feuds depth chart as an example. Similar to how mrpolo alluded to, I inherited a dismantled, abandoned franchise mid-season, so I built the franchise from scratch from the low minors. In S41 I used something like 38 of my 50 waiver claims on discarded low-minors guys, and on AAAA major leaguers who could buy me extra replacement-level service time (gives you more IFA $$$ for the future). In S42 IFA I was able to sign one big guy but I completely struck out with my second bullet, so instead of sitting around and doing nothing with the leftover money, I signed something like 50 of the leftover IFAs with 40-55 potential ovr in order to fully restock the low minors with primo candidates for the next few seasons. Out of that batch of 50 I could maybe get 2-5 DITRs out of it, and if I get lucky I'll get a player that could have easily gone for $10M+ on the open IFA market.

Similarly, whenever I make one-for-one trades with people I always fill the extra 2 slots on the other team's side with DITR candidates, it's my way of taxing them for doing business with me :) If you look closely, I acquired Player Profile: Fernando Colon prior to his DITR, which ended up being +16 OVR on the original boost itself in S23, and ended up being +26 OVR by the end of S24's spring training. Granted, his career ML stats suck so far because Texas is not such a fun place for pitchers, but those boosts are just so ridiculous!! Most of the time the eligibility expires with age or retirement so you're trading for worthless throw-ins, but if the DITR actually hits then it ends up being the most lopsided trade in history

Moral of the story: You can make your own luck on this game if you're clever enough
6/1/2017 5:02 PM (edited)
Hmmmm. Will have to look back and see if you got me on any of those deals. (Shifty eye)

This is actually a big deal that I had never noticed before. My DiTR's were never good enough to warrant an end of season promotion so I never gave them one, but I have never ever had a DiTR take such a ratings bump (5 or 6 points) except for when they first get their status. That's why this caught me so off guard.

As foster mentioned, I've never had DiTR's make up what would have been that big a ratings bump in the next season. So either Damag is getting super lucky with his, or there is something to this.
6/1/2017 7:33 PM
What is wrong with your autocorrect that you keep dropping my name? I've had ONE significant DiTR ever.

6/1/2017 7:40 PM
He's a canuck. They forget what they mean before the post is over.
6/1/2017 8:13 PM
This guy has been an awesome DITR. When from a D-catcher to a multi-positional player.

Player Profile: Ivan Pujols - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
6/1/2017 8:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/1/2017 8:18:00 PM (view original):
This guy has been an awesome DITR. When from a D-catcher to a multi-positional player.

Player Profile: Ivan Pujols - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Mike, what's your thought on Damag's guys getting a 6 point bump with their end of the year promotion?
6/1/2017 11:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/1/2017 8:13:00 PM (view original):
He's a canuck. They forget what they mean before the post is over.
I think he's just doing it on purpose now to be funny
6/2/2017 10:44 AM
Little bit of both. I keep name dropping damag because your guys are the only ones I have seen to have an end of season promotion bump greater then 1 point.

I'm also a scientist and as such I use data that proves my point, avoid all the rest and charge the taxpayers to fund it.
6/2/2017 12:30 PM
I don't even track this ****. How are you watching my players more than I'm watching them?

Are WE AN ALIAS?

6/2/2017 1:01 PM
You are both Canadian.
6/2/2017 1:08 PM
Hi everyone.. My first time in the league.. I just started Spring Training.. So, from what I am reading.. I shouldn't put my best projected prospects in AAA? I had promoted all my guys from LA HA AA to next levels.. I should keep a guy who is a 70, but projected 85 in Low A so I can promote him after 34 games? - would Triple A just be a place for career minor leaguers?
6/2/2017 3:50 PM
Posted by damag on 6/2/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I don't even track this ****. How are you watching my players more than I'm watching them?

Are WE AN ALIAS?

Well this is awkward. The post I have been quoting all this time was pjfoster and despite the fact he told me so, I completely ignored it. Hell, I might be a Donald Trump Alias.
6/2/2017 11:15 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 6/2/2017 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by damag on 6/2/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):

Are WE AN ALIAS?

Well this is awkward. The post I have been quoting all this time was pjfoster and despite the fact he told me so, I completely ignored it. Hell, I might be a Donald Trump Alias.
Your covfefe game is strong
6/4/2017 2:21 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.