52M Rosters & Commentary v47 Topic

Posted by vancem on 11/20/2014 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Okay so Mookie Blaylock and his 21.2% assists is a fantastic PG in this league and MJ's season at 100% PG with 22.8% assists is a terrible PG??? But overall great evals LTB.
Cripes, hoss, I said neither that Blaylock was a fantastic PG nor that Jordan was a terrible one.  At PG they each need a lot of help with playmaking.  At a glance it looks like Blaylock is getting that help but it's not clear that Jordan is. 

11/20/2014 8:11 PM
Posted by maglor1 on 11/20/2014 7:35:00 PM (view original):
LTB , of course Smith and Thurmond are questionable picks. I was suffering from depression when my primary target, Andrei Kirilenko was stolen by you, and then Bob Lanier was denied by jhsukow , both of which I originally thought as a long reach.
i hear you, man.  Never does one of these drafts go by without my making a rebound pick after getting my heart broken and draft board demolished, and/or making a rushed panic pick.
11/20/2014 8:17 PM
Good stuff, brad. I hope I'm the one to finally build a great Hakeem team (although I feel like others have won 50 or so games with him, just not the title). May have taken it a step too far by trying to build a great team with Hakeem AND Love at the same time.

A couple notes on your comments: Outlaw was exactly what I was looking for there. 95 D at SF/PF to help cover for Love, 13% ast at SF (those assists you wanted around Hakeem!), and 9% orb (needed since neither Hakeem or Love is a great offensive rebounder). Aside from that, he stays out of the way (under 10% usage - the other five starters have 95% combined, including Love and Hakeem over 28% each) and makes the shots he takes (60% fg). Just wish he played more than 2300 minutes.

As for assists - the starting lineup has 78% (every starter over 10%) and Batum plays 36 minutes off the bench with 17% assist. My last 5 guys don't have much - they're mostly offensive rebounders/defenders - but we should have plenty on the court most of the time.

11/20/2014 11:16 PM
Also, I'm thinking Batum will be a favorite of mine, and someone who moves into a 4th round/early 5th pick at some point (like he just went in the ODL, where I was hoping to steal him again). 55% efg, 4/16% rebounding, 17% assist, 2.5 pf/48, and can defend 4 positions at 98% or better. The wing pool is deep and getting deeper every year, and his fairly mediocre defense (just above 50) isn't ideal for what a lot of people are looking for in the later rounds, but it's a pretty impressive overall package.
11/20/2014 11:21 PM
Good point about not having to guard anyone inside on my team LTB.  I took Vince because I wanted 3's from the SG position and I liked his 80 D season and 3's plus usg.  I'm gambling that Pip will work out at the SF spot.  I wanted PParish in the 4th and would have taken him if 98 didn't take him 1 or 2 picks before I was up.  I had to scramble at that point and took the chance on Marques best rebounding year to put at PF, where he is 10/20 O/Dreb % and has great eFG for the position.  Wanted D more than anything at the C spot with all those other great bigs I will be going against.  Tree gives that and Tarp backs him up with supurb reb.  Defemsively, Marques is my lowest starter at 74. (Tree 100, Pip 97, Carter 80 and Stockton 80)

All my players have pretty low TO's and A/T for their positions, very good usage and strong eFG.  The key will be "Can I get enough rebounding on a night to night basis pr if I dont, can my teams ability to force TO's and good shootting offset the lack of bards.  I think it can, enough to get a 4-6 playoff seed.
11/23/2014 3:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
52M Rosters & Commentary v47 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.