ODL 50 Evaluations Topic

Atlantic

98average: Moses Malone, Mookie Blaylock, Jerry West, A.C. Green, Arvydas Sabonis, Will Perdue, Steve Mix

With Moses, you have at least a top ten player, maybe top five. Incredible O-boards, good overall rebounds, good efg%, and good defense. a great player to build a team around. Mookie brings more defense and is a good rebounder for a point guard with good ast%. His efg% is a little low for how high his usage is, and while he makes a ton of threes, it's not at the highest percentage. A lot of work to be done still with this team, but it's a good start.

Jerry West adds another great defender. There aren't many 90 defenders left who can score a little too. 98 has his usage covered now, with all three players having 4 point usage. The efg% is a little low for the high usage, but there are plenty of efficient low usage players to grab in the later rounds. Green has a bunch of usable seasons with decent efg%, decent defense, and great rebounding at the small forward. Still definitely needs shooting, and I am a little concerned that the efg% on this team isn't great, but I am a efg% snob so I'm probably over-reacting.

Sabonis has a great efg%/usage ratio. He can score, rebound, pass, play decent D, and even stroke it from deep! However, there are now 4, 4-point usage guys in the starting lineup. That's expensive! You need a bunch of low usage guys who do other things now so you can fit under the salary cap.

Overall: 19013 minutes is super low. This team is pretty efficient with good rebounding and defense. Slightly low on assists, slightly high on turnovers. I'm not sure how you can survive an 82 game season with that much fatigue.

banditone:Kevin Garnett, Jerry Lucas, Clyde Drexler, Marques Johnson, Don Buse, Rodrique Beaubois, Nate Williams

I am not sold on Garnett being a first round pick. Yes, he gives you great rebounds at the small forward with great defense and good ast%. However, that is so much usage for someone who barely has an efg% of 51%. So many missed shots! He makes up for it in other ways though. Lucas is a great complimentary player. Doesn't shoot a ton but makes his shots, rebounds well, passes well, and plays a little D. So far a very strong rebounding team with very good stats all around. 

There are a few good Drexler seasons to choose from where he will give you pretty good D, with some pretty good rebounding and passing to go with it. This team now has three players who can all pass and rebound at least a little bit. I am a bit concerned that Drexler and Garnett will miss far too many shots for this team to recover from, but with three solid players so far, the right role players could make this team a contender. I am very confused about the Marques Johnson pick. He has some very good seasons, but he plays positions that you already have. Are you drafting him as a backup? If so, I like the pick, but am a little worried about the quality of your last two starters. If you are drafting Marques as a starter, I'm confused as to where you are playing Garnett and Lucas as they are best used at the small and power forward positions respectively, and that is also where Marques can play.

Buse is a solid point guard, but where are the big guys??? Beaubois and William are both guards, so you are going to have to find a bunch of undrafted guys who can carry you down low. Garnett and Lucas are both good bigs, but as I have mentioned they are best used as forwards. I'm concerned about this team, but maybe you will prove me wrong! Let's see what you do with your undrafted players.

Overall: Not very efficient, and I am shocked by some of the player seasons you selected. You have good defense, rebounding and passing, but you are going to really struggle with the shooting battle.

robocoach: Tim Duncan, Shawn Kemp, Rajon Rondo, Brent Barry, Mike Miller, Tim Hardaway, Al-Farouq Aminu

Duncan can do it all, but 14th may have been a bit high. That being said he plays great D, makes shots, passes well, and rebounds reasonably well. Kemp adds another high usage big man, who plays D, rebounds well and passes alright. This team has the low post defense covered, and can make shots. Still need a lot of specific things, but it is a good start.

Rondo is  great point guard in this league. Great D, great assists, and good rebounding from the point, Rondo brings a bit of everything to the table. He is not the best shooter, but Kemp and Duncan have that mostly covered. This team still needs some outside shooting, but I really like the make up so far. Love the Barry pick. Not only do I love Barry in the Sim anyways (I've used him in a bunch of opens and a few themes and have won a couple of ships with him), but he is perfect for your team! Great, great shooting with great passing and okay boards. He has decent defense and your other players defend so well that he would be covered even if his defense was weaker. Great Pick.

Mike Miller adds a superb deep threat who has very high dreb% and ast%. I love players like that! Yes, his defense is low, but your first three players' defense was so high it should be fine. I think this is a great pick for the fifth round. Looking at the team you posted in the commentary, you have very high efg%, dreb%, and ast%. These stats are so important, and your team is right in line with all four 50 win teams last year in terms of them. With some good role players, you could easily be a back to back 50 game winner.

Overall: A little low on points (as am I), but very efficient. Solid rebounding and passing with good defense (aside from Mike Miller), although your turnovers are a little high. Your stats mostly compare favorably to the most successful teams from last season. 

jkaye24: Shaquille O'Neal, DeAndre Jordan, Horace Grant, Kevin Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Chris Gatling, Dale Davis

Another great front court, this one with really high efg%. Shaq, with over 30 usage and high efg% is a scoring machine who can play D, get some boards and pass a little. DeAndre won't shoot much, but he will make it when he does and is a superb rebounder. These two compliment each other well, and with them the front court is set.

Horace adds a ton of rebounding at the small forward and plays 80 D. This team is becoming a rebounding monster, both offensively and defensively and with three 77 plus defenders, this team will be tough. Obviously needs some quality guards, but there should be quite a few of them in the later rounds. With two low usage guys around shaq, look for him to score a ton. Kevin Johnson is a great pick here. I drafted him a few years ago and he was great for me, but for some reason he hardly ever gets picked. Not the best defense, but he is a great passer with very good efg% for his 4 point usage. I love the fit for this team. You needed a little usage and definitely needed some passing. Now you need someone who can cover Johnson defensively in the backcourt, and add some things as well, but I don't think that will be hard to find.

Sidney perfectly covers Johnson defensively and can add some good things as well. You still definitely need some three point shooters. There are plenty of undrafted guys who can hit the deep ball, but I am a bit concerned you still won't be able to have many threes in your lineup. Teams can go -1 or -2 on you and really disrupt what you are trying to do.

Overall: A little low on minutes (but not too much), a little low on ast%, and I don't like how few threes there are. However, this is a very efficient scoring team with good rebounding and defense and that often translates to a playoff spot.

amerk1180: Chris Paul, Dikembe Mutombo, Patrick Ewing, Gerald Wallace, Bobby Phills, Al Jefferson, Dell Curry

Chris Paul is great. His usage is a little high to me for his efg% but he does so many things and doesn't turn it over! Mutombo adds a 100 defender who blocks a ton of shots, rebounds reasonably well, and makes the shots he does take. Still need some things obviously, especially some scorers/shooters, but with two 90+ defenders it's a good start.

Patrick Ewing, with 6 point usage and 55% efg, is a great third round pick. He adds another great defender to this team. The rebounding and passing in the front court leaves a lot to be desired, but CP3 really helps in both departments. More rebounders, passers, and shooters will have to be added, but if they can be, this will be a solid at team at worst. Gerald Wallace may be expensive, but with 100 defense and 55efg% at 2 point usage, he is a dang good player. This team can straight up defend, and with a couple of good later picks, could very well be a contender.

Bobby Phills adds a very good defender who gives you some threes you desperately needed while giving you decent rebounding and passing. Love the pick! Still need some shooters.

Overall: A little low on minutes, and not quite as good as other teams at most offensive stats, but that defense is impressive. All five starters over 80! Your bench isn't deep at all and that spells trouble when you are low on minutes so hopefully those starters and the defense can carry you.

vancem: Karl Malone, Tracy McGrady, Nate McMillan, Ervin Johnson, Anthony Mason, Steve Blake, George T. Johnson

I love using Karl Malone in the Sim! He is the only player in the entire database with 8 usage points, 55% efg, 20 dreb%, and 10 ast%. Plus he plays 90 defense! I would seriously consider him with the 4th overall pick. Every year I think Tracy goes a little too early, and every year someone who already has a usage monster drafts him. I always think it's a huge mistake, and that team goes and wins 50 games. Every year. This year? I think it's a mistake. You're going to want Karl shooting it the most and down the stretch and T-Mac is going to steal a bunch of his shots. However, I have been wrong about T-Mac teams before (every single year!) so vancem will probably go and prove me wrong too.

McMillan has a bunch of usable seasons. Unfortunately his best efg% season doesn't provide the high assists some of his others do, and those don't have the super high defense and come with lower efg%. That being said, he is a very solid low usage guy who can bring a lot to the table. However, I think you probably could have got him in the next round (at least, he went 124th last ODL). Johnson is a low usage player with solid efg%, good rebounding and decent defense. However, there are still guys out there who I think give you more at those same things, and you almost assuredly could have gotten Johnson in the next round.

Mason gives you a lot for a fifth round pick. He has low usage so he is cheap, but is a very good rebounder and passer for a small forward and plays decent D. Plus, despite the low usage, makes a decent number of his shots.

Overall: A little low on threes, but other than that the bulk total stats look great! Looking at the advanced stats shows great rebounding and passing, although you are a little low on the efg%. Hopefully Tracy doesn't take too much from Karl here, and if he does, hopefully he can get a efg% bump from his real life stats.

12/4/2014 12:25 AM (edited)
Central

copernicus: Bill Russell, Bob McAdoo, Walt Frazier, Paul Pierce, Kenneth Faried, Toni Kukoc, Cory Alexander

The biggest tragedy in the sim has always been Bill Russell's defense. There is no way it should be in the 70's (Edit: there is one season with a 90 def rating). That being said, he still brings a ton to the table. Exceptional rebounder, and good passer for a center, Russell is a great complimentary piece. I would never spend a first rounder on someone with an efg% of 43, but that's me. McAdoo solves much of the shooting problems and compliments Russell nicely. Still some work to be done to keep this team competitive though.

Clyde brings 90 defense to the table, along with good efg%, solid rebounding, and solid passing. He is a very solid addition to this team. With three expensive players already taken, copernicus will have to bargain shop heavily in the next few rounds, and while all three players drafted are good players, I'm not sure they are good enough to win with a bunch of low salary players. A couple of great bargain players may change my opinion however. Paul Pierce is great and adds so many things. 4 point usage with 55.1 efg%, good rebounding and passing and decent defense. You still might have some salary cap problems, but I really like the Pierce pick.

Faried adds a ton of rebounding at the small forward and with an efg% of 55.2, he is very efficient. Looking at your whole team, you are very strong at rebounding, but your ast%'s are a little low. As is your efg%'s, so you are definitely going to have to address those with your undrafted players. Kukoc and Alexander help a lot with the passing.

Overall: You really only have six players who will play significant minutes, but all six bring a ton to the table. You are a little short on ast%, and your efg% isn't the best (although not as bad as I had though it would be) but otherwise all the stats look pretty dang good. If McAdoo and Pierce are both sitting at the same time you will automatically be in the possession penalty, although it looks like at least one should be on the court almost always.

seapilots: Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Charlie Ward, Wes Unseld, Kyle Korver, Tony Allen, Roy Tarpley

Howard is a machine who will put up good scoring and rebounding numbers while playing great D. He is a great anchor. You might have guessed by now, but I hate players with low efg% and high usage. Well Kobe has extremely high usage and about 50 efg%. He does everything else well, but I don't think I would ever draft him. Other owners have definitely won with him though, and teaming him with Dwight makes for a star studded first two. I am sure seapilots will have Kobe playing well.

Charlie Ward is a very good defender, who can pass and rebound, while putting up a decent efg%. He usually goes a little later in the draft, but I don't think this was a reach at all. Ward is a very solid pick here in my opinion, and gives seapilots a third top defender who does a bit of everything. If Wes could play good defense he would be a perennial second rounder. Luckily for you, you have three great defenders to back him up. Because of this, I love the Unseld pick. Good rebounding and passing with great efg% (although a really low usage%), Wes can really play!

Korver is a great role player, and was an intrinsic starter on my championship team last season. He has lots of cheap minutes and can really stroke it.

Overall: There are going to be some excess minutes here, and your turnovers are a little high, but the rest of the stats (especially rebounds) look pretty good. This is a playoff team.

benhoidal: John Stockton, Scottie Pippen, Tom Boerwinkle, Amare Stoudemire, Brandon Rush, Jon Barry, Jeff Ruland

I was hoping Stockton would be there at 19 for me and he was. Best efg%/ast% combo guy in the Sim along with 80 defense and a good amount of 3's.  He makes everyone better. Hopefully Scottie gets better. I had a wish list of 1. Kidd, 2. Penny, and 3. Manu with three people in front of me. Of course I am left scrambling when it's my turn to pick. Scottie is great, but doesn't shoot the ball the best for his usage. Hopefully Stockton's ast% helps with that. I decided between Pippen and Dr. J here. They are both very similar. It came down to already having used the doctor in this league (the one year I missed the playoffs), and I saw that a few years back eleibowitz won it all with Stockton and Scottie. Let's see if those two can get it done again. Now I only have to think of a clever team name involving short shorts.

I had a lot of good options available to me as my pick neared and I had it narrowed down to Steve Nash, Chris Webber, and Tom Boerwinkle. Pairing Nash with Stockton would have given me the chance to make the efg%/ast% monster I always dreamed of having in this league. It also probably would have made my Pippen pick a huge mistake. Luckily hoopsdude saved me from myself (and came up with a huge bargain in the process!) Chris Webber would have imitated eleibowitz's championship team from a few years back and I did/do need a high efg% guy with some usage, but I couldn't pass up on Tom here. Such high dreb% and ast% is hard to come buy and he is a monster at both. I really needed a high usage, high efg% guy and luckily Amare dropped down to the fourth round. 28.7 usage with 59.2% efg? Yes, Please! He is a little low on rebounding and very low on passing, but I kind of already have that covered with Boerwinkle and Stockton. I still need more boards and some more D and threes, but I'm pretty sure I can get some of the guys I want in the next couple of rounds.

I needed Rush here. He gives me very good D and threes while adding decent rebounding at a relatively low cost. I had been targeting him for a while and he was at the top of my list here. Unfortunately the rest of my list got drafted so I had to trade up a few slots to grab him, but no one I wanted was taken in the sixth round between when I would have drafted and where I ended up drafting so I ended up getting what I wanted out of the trade.

Overall: What I tried to do was look at the four 50 game winners from last year and put together some basic guidelines for how much of each statistic I would need. I looked at bulk stat, but focused more on advanced stats. I reached all my goals except for total points, but with a very high efficient team, I think I will be fine as far as points scored goes. I am looking forward to seeing how these guidelines fair this season.

jhsukow: LeBron James, Charles Barkley, Shane Battier, Maurice Cheeks, Michael Redd, Kenny Smith, Elvin Hayes

We won't know much about this team until jhsukow picks the rest of his team, but it is obviously a great start. Two stars is a great way to a ship if you can support them with good players. Plenty of bargains to be had in the later rounds.

I really don't understand the Battier pick. He is a fine player, but you could easily get him in the sixth round. I know they're great, but LeBron and Sir Charles need more than a bunch of sixth rounders! I think this was a huge reach.

Cheeks is a very good point guard for this team and Redd adds a shooter, but where are the bigs? I had been under the impression you were going to play LeBron at the point and Sir Charles at the small forward. I guess not! I think you are probably going to be at huge disadvantages on the glass. Hopefully LeBron and Barkley can carry you enough to make up for it.

Overall: A lot of points here, although not the most efficient. The rest of your stats mostly meet my guidelines although barely. It looks like you will be playing LeBron at the power forward which takes away his rebounding advantage, but certainly gives you an ast% bump. Not quite sure what to make of this team. I could see it going either way.

jcred5: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Gary Payton, Andre Drummond, Chris Mullin, Nicolas Batum, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Jordan Hill

Kareem will always have a soft spot in my Sim heart after leading me last season. I think he is the third best player in this thing. Gary does a bit of everything, but he is another one of those high usage, low efg% guys. I initially don't like the pairing, but we will see what jcred5 adds.

Drummond adds a monster rebounder who makes all of his shots (all 3 of them!). This is a super expensive trio, and hopefully there's still enough cash around to add some quality players. It's a great trio, but is there enough money to throw around at the rest of the team to keep them as contenders? We will see. Mullin is a great player who gives you a lot without being super expensive. He does a bit of everything. He shoots really well, passes well, and has decent defense and rebounding. Good fit.

Batum is very similar to Mullin and is another good fit. The starting lineup is a similar concept to my team from last year. Kareem with a second banana at point guard and a rebounding monster at center, surrounded by two shooters. We will see if this formula treats you as well as it did me!

Overall: This team has a lot of good stats going for it, and the advanced stats look very similar to my Kareem team last season. The one thing my team from last season has on yours is its assists, but otherwise your team compares very well. Expect a playoff birth.

eleibowitz: Michael Jordan, Kevin McHale, Andrei Kirilenko, Mark Jackson, Samuel Dalembert, Kendall Marshall, Dan Gadzuric

Michael Jordan. Unfortunately the best player ever doesn't translate into the best Sim player, but he is still of course great. Anyone with 8 usage points and 55% efg is already great, and he adds great D, great rebounding from a guard and good passing. Great number one option. McHale is constantly underrated. 60% efg at over 24 usage is incredible. It's too bad that he is best used at the small forward where he only is at 97%. If only his rebounding was a little better.

Kirilenko is a great role player who brings 100 D and a swiss army knife array of other skills, but I'm a bit confused. Do you plan on using McHale at the power forward? Both McHale and Kirilenko are best suited at the small forward in my opinion. McHale can work at the power forward of course, but if so, you are going to need a stud rebounder (around 30% dreb) in the next round. I'm not sure there will be one available. Mark Jackson adds a ton of ast% at this point of the draft and is a good rebounder. He can't play defense or shoot, and I think you could have gotten him later, but he adds a needed piece for this team. You still definitely need rebounding.

Dalembert adds a stud rebounder who is also very efficient. Looking at your lineup on the commentary page, this looks like a very balanced squad and with the right bench is easily capable of a 50 win season or more.

Overall: I was looking at all the stats for this team and initially loved it. Then I realized that every time Jordan sits, you will be in the usage penalty. Every single time! Yikes.

12/3/2014 4:59 PM (edited)
Midwest

cjok1051: Dennis Rodman, Kevin Love, Joakim Noah, Jose Calderon, Danny Green, Reggie Miller, Russell Westbook

Rodman allows you to do so many things. That much rebounding at the small forward is incredible. Pairing him up with Love gives you a ton of rebounding you don't have to pay for later although Love's defense leaves a lot to be desired. His efg% isn't the best, but hopefully Rodman gets all his misses. They compliment each other well, but I don't really like the Love pick. I think he is more of a third rounder, but maybe that's because I'm a T-Wolves homer who is still a little upset that he demanded a trade (although who could blame him really?).

Joakim adds great defense and passing at the center position and with both him and Rodman, Kevin Love's defense can be hidden in most cases. This team has incredible rebounding. I am going to wait to reserve judgement on this team until the guards are picked, because I could see this team going in either direction. There are some glaring weaknesses that need to be covered, but there are also some great strengths that are going to exploit other teams. I love Jose Calderon. He is a poor man's Nash in that he has great ast% which great efg% (although he has nowhere near the great usage nash has) without playing any D. He will make everyone better while making his shots, and if you can add a backcourt defender, he will be very good.

Green adds D and threes, which is just what you needed. However, looking at the roster you posted, I am a little confused as to some of the years you chose. It gives you less than 2 million for 5 spots, meaning your bench will be historically bad. It's going to be hard to get the minutes you need with any quality at all.

Overall: Too many minutes, your defense is bad, and you're a little low on points. I love the rebounds and threes, but I don't think it will make up for everything else.

dh555: Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, Larry Nance, Terrell Brandon, Mel Daniels, Carmelo Anthony, Jim Les

Kevin Durant is a Sim stud. 8 usage points and 56% efg? Yes please! Adding Chandler gives you another super efficient player (even if he hardly shoots). I like the team a lot so far, although there are still a ton of holes. Need more rebounding and assists for sure, but I like this combo.

Nance is a good small forward who gives 100 D, 55 efg%, and rebounds well for the position. With another good rebounder and a good passing point guard, this team could have a very good offense, and if both players can play a little defense: watch out! This team could be tough. And right on cue: a good passing point guard who plays good defense: Terrell Brandon! His usage is way to high for his poor efg% and he might take a lot away from Kevin Durant, but he also adds so much. Brandon always scares me off, because of his poor efg% for his usage, but he certainly has everything else covered!

Mel adds a lot of rebounding and decent defense. I don't think he was quite the steal that people were going on about in the thread, but he is definitely a solid pick.

Overall: A little low on efg% and ast%, but great rebounding and defense. This is a solid team.

carbonjones: Dwyane Wade, Marcus Camby, Buck Williams, Derek Harper, Rasheed Wallace, Ryan Anderson, Jamario Moon

I'm not a particular fan of Dwyane's in the Sim and he will always go before I would take him in the draft. However, owners consistently do well with him. He brings 100 D, good rebounding, okay assists and a ton of usage (with a ton of missed shots!). You might be able to guess why I won't be the one drafting him. Camby is a great low usage, high D, rebounding monster. This team definitely still needs things (shooting!), but there is a good foundation here.

Buck is a great bargain buy in the middle of the third round. He does so many things well, and has a number of seasons that bring a lot to the table. I am guessing that one of his higher efg% seasons will be used, as this team desperately needs it. Harper is an okay shooter who plays great D and has good ast%. He doesn't turn the ball over or make mistakes, but he also can't rebound. In this league it seems like Dwyane is usually played at the point guard, but with Harper here, it looks like carbon jones will be sacrificing some rebounding for passing. It will be interesting to see how it works out for him. 

Rasheed brings decent rebounding at the small forward, but I am not really a fan of his in the Sim. He is fine, but just doesn't seem to bring much to the table in my opinion.

Overall: Way too light on minutes and every time Wade sits you will be in the usage penalty. Also a very low efg%. You can certainly play D and hit threes but fatigue and the usage penalty are going to keep you out of the playoffs. 

thohoops: Magic Johnson, Chauncey Billups, Bobby Jones, Dirk Nowitzki, Dan Majerle, Willis Reed, Ricky Pierce

I love Magic and pairing him up with Chauncey creates a potential assist monster (I love assist monsters! If only I could have paired up Stockton and Kidd. If only...). You definitely need some players to score the rock and a good big man, but Magic and Chauncey will help everyones' shooting numbers go way up!

Bobby Jones is a great role player who brings great defense and solid stats all around. He doesn't really address any of this teams weakness (scoring, rebounding, etc.), but if thohoops can address those in the later rounds, this will be a bargain. If not, then this could have been a mistake. The jury is still out. Dirk certainly addresses the scoring! And with the assist bump from Magic and Chauncey, expect him to have huge point totals. You still badly need rebounding. Sure, Magic gives you a great rebounding advantage at the point, but there isn't a 20+ dreb% player on this team yet and that scares me. 

Majerle certainly isn't the big rebounder you need. Hopefully you can address this in the sixth or with your undrafted players, because right now through five rounds, you have by far the worst rebounding team. That spells trouble.

Overall: A little high on turnovers, but the bulk stats look great. There are a couple of problems here: The bench is awful, and you will be flirting with the usage penalty every time Dirk sits. However, otherwise I like this team.

scudmissle: Artis Gilmore, Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Carlos Boozer, Paul Pressey, Andre Blatche, J.R. Smith

Two huge steals in my opinion (and you stole Kidd from me! Although him falling three more picks was mostly a pipe dream). Artis falling to 22 is a joke, and Kidd gives you everything (except usage). Kidd is my second favorite point guard in the Sim, and with these two scudmissle is my early favorite. Of course it's only been two rounds so who knows?

Jesus Shuttlesworth adds a ton of threes at a very good percentage, good passing and rebounding, reasonable defense, and a great usage to efg% ratio. This team is looking really good so far in my opinion. Might have some cap space issues, and you still need to get stronger in most stats, but its a great start. If only Boozer played some defense! He would be a first round pick if he had 80D, but alas, with that 36 mark he falls to the fourth. Still, he can score the rock at a great and efficient rate while piling on the boards and even passing pretty well. I love this pick! Him and Artis compliment each other well.

Pressey is a good role player who does a bit of everything. Looking at your team on the commentary thread, I really like it so far! Very good efg% with great dreb% and ast%. It's looking good!

Overall: More minutes than I like to roll with and a little high on turnovers with below average defense, but very high rebounding and passing percentages. This team has weakness that most 50 win teams don't have, but they are also very strong in important statistics as well. I think it will do well, but I could be wrong.

Mikee1: Wilt Chamberlain, Anthony Davis, Deron Williams, Pau Gasol, Kawhi Leonard, ?, ?

Wilt is incredible. Easily a top two pick and I would probably lean towards number one. He gives you absolutely everything. I'm not sure why people pick Anthony Davis in the first few rounds every year. I get that he gives you 96 D, but he is only okay at other things. For the amount of usage he has, he is only an okay shooter and he is only marginal on the boards with limited passing. I don't think he is a top three rounder, but people keep taking him in the second so maybe they know something I don't.

Deron is a very good point guard. High ast%, good efg% with that usage%, decent defense, and decent rebounding. He gives you everything you want from a third round point guard. Pau adds a very efficient scorer who can do a bit of everything. I am guessing you will be playing Davis at the small forward and that will give you a lot of rebounding. Wilt plugs everyones' holes so well that even with both Davis and Gasol having glaring weaknesses, their great positives might have more affect. The lesson: Wilt makes everything okay! Gasol does everything. Decent defense, but a very efficient scorer who can rebound and pass. I really like him on this team.

Kawhi is a very solid rebounder and efficient player. This is a very expensive starting five, but they have very solid stats. I don't know how you are going to get a good bench with the salary you have left, but if you manage to everyone will have to watch out.

Your top six players are very productive with good stats, but after that it's a crapshoot! Not sure why you took 68 Wilt over 67, but he is still really good. You have great defense and I really like the fit with all your starters. It's the bench that might keep you out of the playoffs.

12/3/2014 5:27 PM (edited)
Pacific

mcdarsh: Bill Walton, Elton Brand, Alonzo Mourning, Oscar Robertson, Andre Iguodala, Brent Price, Jason Williams

Bill Walton was intrinsic to my championship run last season. Of course he was my third best player. Asking him to be the main guy is a lot to ask for, but he does give a lot of things. He is a great complimentary piece. Brand is also a great complimentary piece who gives great D and a little bit of everything else. You still need a stud and some more pieces, but with a bunch of juicy picks from that trade, you could easily make this work. 

Zo is a great defender who can score. 28% usage with 55 efg% and 94 defense in the third round? Yes please! The only reason he doesn't go earlier is because of his mediocre rebounding and passing. However, Walton is his perfect compliment, and with those two and brand all this team needs is some good guards... Enter Oscar Robertson! I have never seen Oscar drop until the third round and he has gone in the first round twice in the last 6 years. He is a terrible first round pick in my opinion, but for the middle of the third round he may be the steal of the draft. I wasn't very optimistic about this team after the big trade, but this is a great first four. It's a little high on salary, but I love this team so far. Iggy adds another guy who can play three positions with 90 D, 54.8% efg and a little bit of everything else. This is a great starting lineup (If you start all five)! You definitely need some three point shooting off the bench, but there are plenty of those guys in the sixth round (and undrafted). This is still a very expensive team, with only a little over 9 million left for the last 7 guys (If you use the player seasons I would use).

Overall: I would have definitely gone a different direction with this team, but there are many ways to get it done in the Sim. Every time Walton is on the bench you are going to have major disadvantages rebounding the ball, but there will also be times where you have an assist monster that will boost your entire team. You have outstanding defense and good other stats, and while I definitely would have kept Oscar at the point, I think this will be a good team.

hoopsdude: Larry Bird, Julius Erving, Steve Nash, Robert Parish, Mark Eaton, Jamal Tinsley, Omar Asik

Two very good players here who are both best suited for shooting guard. I have never seen Larry play that position in the ODL however and my guess is you plan to play him at forward. Julius gives you great defense, but I hate his usage. These guys give you bunch of rebounds and assists from the wings however, and this could be a great foundation from which to build. We will see where you go from here!

I love Nash. He is simply an offensive monster. Yes, his defense is terrible, which stops him from being a perennial first rounder, but in the third round he is great. He will boost the doctor's shooting percentages which is huge, and will make a bunch of shots himself. This team still needs some good bigs, but there are still a few low usage, high rebound guys with decent defense available. Just like Robert Parish! Now all you need is one more. Parish provides the things this team needs: good efg%, good rebounding and decent defense up front.

Eaton is another low usage guys with defense and rebounding. I think you plugged in your holes really nicely.

Overall: A little low on minutes, threes, and efg%, while a little high on turnovers. However, you have very good rebounding and passing stats. Will they be enough?

tarheel1991: Ben Wallace, Anfernee Hardaway, Andrew Bynum, Kyrie Irving, Connie Hawkins, Sean May, Billy Cunningham

Wallace gives you 30+ dreb% and 100 D. That's a great complimentary player! Now you need someone who can score. Oh wait! There's Penny! I love Penny for this team (even if I was going to take him with the next pick!). I am not a huge fan of Big Ben that high in the draft, but if you can get some good offensive players (like Penny) to go with him, he can be perfect for a team. Penny is a top 5 point guard easily.

Bynum is a great compliment to Big Ben, giving you a scorer who can also rebound a bit. This team fits well, but there are still some definite holes to fill. However, the holes might be easier to fill than other holes would be. Definitely a good trio. I don't like the Irving pick. Very high usage with mediocre efg% and he doesn't really fill the holes I think this team has. Plus, you could have gotten him much later (undrafted last season).

Looking at the team you posted, I am concerned about your efg% (especially Cunningham's!), and I think your ast% is a little low (especially with your efg%), but you sure can rebound! Hopefully you gather up all your misses and lead the league in boards!

Overall: Not as much efg%, ast%, or threes as I like, but you will have a ton of boards and good defense.

theyard2: David Robinson, Shawn Marion, Terry Porter, James Harden, Kris Humphries, John Henson, Greg Anthony

The Admiral is always a good pick. He gives you over 55% efg at over 26% usage! Add to that decent rebounding and 100D and you have yourself a nice centerpiece (heh) to start your team with. The Matrix is another player with good efg% who can play D and rebound. You absolutely need those kinds of players. He always goes a little higher than I would take him, because he can't shoot from deep (although he certainly tries), and doesn't have much ast%. However, he is a very solid player. Please keep drafting players with good nicknames!

I am very disappointed that Porter doesn't have a good nickname, but he is a very solid point guard. He is a very good shooter who can pass and play a little D. That's everything you could ask for from a third round point guard. Harden can fill up the stat sheet and fits perfectly on this team. He does a little bit of everything, and with 58.2% efg and that many threes he can sure score. I can't believe that his 2014 season has 58 defense! Did you seen him play defense last year???

Humphries gives you a huge rebounder and all the drama that comes with having an ex-Kardashian.

Overall: Your team is a little low on ast%, but otherwise all the stats look really good. You could get into the usage penalty if David Robinson and Sean may are both out, but it looks like they each have enough minutes where you could set it so they never sit at the same time. This team could be very good.

iccoachb: Hakeem Olajuwon, Donyell Marshall, Serge Ibaka, Vince Carter, Mark Price, Joe Dumars, Josh Smith, 

It's really hard to win with Hakeem in the sim. His best shooting seasons sacrifice rebounds, and his best rebounding seasons sacrifice offense. Plus he fouls so much. However, you can't knock a guy too hard when he gives you excellent D along with being solid everywhere else. Donyell gives you D and threes plus solid rebounding from the small forward position, but he doesn't give you much else. Average efg% with average passing, he is a good roll player, but I don't think he is anywhere near a borderline first rounder.

Serge can be an excellent small forward in this league with excellent shooting and defense, but his rebounding is a little too low to be a great power forward. Unfortunately, Marshall is best used as a small forward too, so while I love the Serge pick (great value at this point in the draft), I am not quite sure how he fits on this team. Vinsanity has a few seasons to choose from. Do you go with his super high usage, mediocre efg% seasons with good overall stats or his medium usage season with decent efg%, slightly lower (but still decent) overall stats and slightly higher defense? I would go with the latter, but it's a debate. I'm guessing you're going with the former and he will certainly fill up the scorecard.

Price gives you a much needed passer who can shoot the ball. I like the fit.

Overall: Not very efficient, without many rebounds or assists. The defense looks amazing, but I don't think your offense will get you where you want to go.

slymonium: Steph Curry, Manu Ginobili, Chris Webber, Clifford Ray, Al Horford, Jameer Nelson, Andrew Bogut

If Steph Curry is your second best player you are on the fast track to the finals! So far, however he is 0-1 on getting his teams to the playoffs as the alpha dog. Manu is a great compliment and I love what you are doing here so far. So many threes in your backcourt with good passing and decent boards. Natenoy added a lot of shooting to go with Curry and it didn't quite work out as planned for him last year, so you probably need a couple of good bigs to go with this pair. I am looking forward to seeing what you do!

Chris Webber is a great pick, and someone I was strongly considering just a couple of pick before slymonium. Good efg% with good usage and good defense. I really like this team so far, provided it can fill some pretty glaring holes in the next couple of rounds. This team needs some rebounding desperately, but if nothing else, this team is fun. I was hoping Clifford would fall to me and I even briefly considered him in the third. He brings so much rebounding and great passing for the fourth round and is one of only five players with two championships the last ten ODL seasons. He is a great fourth round pick. I was a little wary of the Steph Curry pick, because while I like him in the Sim, I wasn't sure he is worthy of a first round pick. However, I have really liked all of the other picks. This is a good team.

Horford is a great role player who really was important to my team last year. I was hoping I could get him in the sixth round again this year, but you grabbed him before I could. While I thought the Curry pick was a bit of a reach, I thought all the other picks were very good, and Curry is a great fit here. I like this team a lot.

Overall: Turnovers are a little high, but otherwise the bulk stats look great. I have a hard time getting a read on this team. You don't have a single drafted player with SF% at 100 so I am guessing you are starting Manu there? If so, you certainly have an assist monster, but Jameer is only going to give you 16 minutes per game, and gets tired quickly as a starter (speaking from experience trying to start that same Jameer in another theme league). This team is certainly interesting, and I really like the potential here, but it is a little hard for me to place.

12/3/2014 6:04 PM (edited)
1st round

1. Mikee1: Wilt Chamberlain
2. jhsukow: LeBron James
3. jcred5: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. 98average: Moses Malone
5. jkaye24: Shaquille O'Neal
6. eleibowitz: Michael Jordan
7. seapilots: Dwight Howard
8. vancem: Karl Malone
9. cjok1051: Dennis Rodman
10. theyard2: David Robinson
11. dh555: Kevin Durant
12. amerk1180: Chris Paul
13. jhsukow (via mcdarsh): Charles Barkley
14. robocoach: Tim Duncan
15. thohoops: Magic Johnson
16. carbonjones: Dwyane Wade
17. copernicus: Bill Russell
18. hoopsdude: Larry Bird
19. benhoidal: John Stockton
20. tarheel1991: Ben Wallace
21. slymonium: Steph Curry
22. scudmissle: Artis Gilmore
23. banditone: Kevin Garnett
24. iccoachb: Hakeem Olajuwon

Observations
1. The blockbuster
The first thing about this draft that really stands out is the trade between jhsukow and mcdarsh. Charles Barkley and a fifth rounder for a second and third rounder. I am a huge fan of trading up, and my own trade with mcdarsh was almost undoubtedly the reason I won the championship last season. Pairing Sir Charles with LeBron? The rest of the ODL needs to look out! Of course it has to be mentioned that jhsukow traded up a couple of years ago to pair up Dennis Rodman and Karl Malone (a pair made for each other in the Sim laboratories), and did not fair so well. I believe it was because his later picks weren't that great. There are bargains to be had in the later rounds, and if jhsukow can grab them, he is an early favorite. If he can't? He will probably miss the playoffs. As for mcdarsh? Stockpiling assets can work out extremely well, but I for one would probably never give up my first rounder. There just aren't too many super studs, and if you are in position to take one, I think you have to.

2. The fall of Dennis Rodman
I think this is a little exaggerated, but since it has already been brought up I figured I should mention it. He has gone third in the previous three drafts, so falling to ninth was a bit unexpected. I personally think third is too early as there is a definite top three (Wilt and LeBron is any order and then Kareem third). However after that, there are a couple guys I would consider at the fourth spot including Rodman, and it just comes down to personal preference. I think at nine, Rodman is a steal and I expect him to go earlier next draft, but dropping from the third spot isn't that huge of a deal to me.

3. Chris Paul vs. John Stockton
This was addressed in great detail in the last draft with many owners putting in their two cents. Here is my opinion: I would rather have Stockton. I understand that CP3 has more usage, better defense, and most importantly much better tov%. However, I actually think Paul's usage works against him. At 27.8 percent usage, any player I draft better have at least 54-55 efg%. So while Paul definitely turns the ball over less, Stockton is way more efficient, and makes your other players much better. Plus he adds more 3's at a higher percent (CP3 adds more FT's, but in the sim 3's are more valuable). Also, Stockton teams have done better than Paul teams every year for the past 6 years (the number of ODL's I have been apart of), including winning a ship and being one of four 50 win teams last year. It's close, and I can understand picking Paul over Stockton, but I am going with John every time. 

4. Is Steph Curry a first rounder?
Having Steph Curry as your second best player is a quick ticket to the finals, but can he get you there as your best player? I say no, but I am hoping sly proves me wrong!

5. Steals:
Dennis Rodman (9)
Charles Barkley (13)
Artis Gilmore (22)

Biggest Steal: Artis

6. Reaches:
Tim Duncan (14)
Bill Russell (17)
Steph Curry (21)
Hakeem Olajuwon (24)

Biggest Reach: Russell 

These are of course my opinions so feel free to disagree, and please don't get mad at me for having a different opinion than you about a player. Prove me wrong instead! Please debate the topics I present here and others!
11/17/2014 7:32 PM (edited)
2nd round

25: iccoachb: Donyell Marshall
26. banditone: Jerry Lucas
27. scudmissle: Jason Kidd
28. slymonium: Manu Ginobili
29. tarheel1991: Anfernee Hardaway
30. benhoidal: Scottie Pippen
31. hoopsdude: Julius Erving
32. copernicus: Bob McAdoo
33. carbonjones: Marcus Camby
34. thohoops: Chauncey Billups
35. robocoach: Shawn Kemp
36. mcdarsh: Bill Walton
37. amerk1180: Dikembe Mutombo
38. dh555: Tyson Chandler
39. theyard2: Shawn Marion
40. cjok1051: Kevin Love
41. vancem: Tracy McGrady
42. seapilots: Kobe Bryant
43. eleibowitz: Kevin McHale
44. jkaye24: DeAndre Jordan
45. 98average: Mookie Blaylock
46. jcred5: Gary Payton
47. mcdarsh: Elton Brand
48. mikee1: Anthony Davis

Observations:

1. The two standout defender trend
Almost every team now will have both their first two guys with at least 70 defense. This may sound like common sense to draft two great defenders, but there are a lot of stud offensive players out there with slightly lower defense and to me it seems some owners are really reaching for players with good defense and barely average offense. For the most part I love drafting two great defenders right away (how could you not?), but I think in some instances, owners are going overboard and taking average players way too early.

2. The second round seems to be where a lot of the high usage, low efg% guys go
I mostly prefer these guys as third rounders or not at all. I know a lot of owners who have had success with them as the second banana, but I still think it is incredibly hard to win when your top shooter is only shooting about 50% when other teams' guys are shooting 55%.

3. Early favorite: scudmissle: Artis Gilmore, Jason Kidd
I think scud had two very good players fall in his lap and has emerged as an early favorite. Let's see what he does from here!

4. Steals:
Jason Kidd (27)
Anfernee Hardaway (29)
Kevin McHale (43) 

Biggest Steal: Kidd

5. Reaches: 
Donyell Marshall (25)
Kevin Love (40)
Tracy McGrady (41), although he always proves me wrong
Anthony Davis (48)

Biggest Reach: Davis

11/15/2014 9:04 PM (edited)
3rd round

49. Mikee1: Deron Williams
50. Mcdarsh (via jhsukow): Alonzo Mourning
51. jcred5: Andre Drummond
52. 98average: Jerry West
53. jkaye24: Horace Grant
54. eleibowitz: Andrei Kirilenko
55. seapilots: Charlie Ward
56. vancem: Nate McMillan
57. cjok1051: Joakim Noah
58. theyard2: Terry Porter
59. dh555: Larry Nance
60. amerk1180: Patrick Ewing
61. mcdarsh: Oscar Robertson
62. robocoach: Rajon Rondo
63. thohoops: Bobby Jones
64. carbonjones: Buck Williams
65. copernicus: Walt Frazier
66. hoopsdude: Steve Nash
67. benhoidal: Tom Boerwinkle
68. tarheel1991: Andrew Bynum
69. slymonium: Chris Webber
70. scudmissle: Ray Allen
71. banditone: Clyde Drexler
72. iccoachb: Serge Ibaka

Observations:
1. Did mcdarsh win the trade???
This question obviously won't be able to be answered until we see jhsukow's later picks. However, I think mcdarsh might have just came out on top! Most people (including me) definitely thought this trade was one-sided in favor of jhsukow when the trade happened. Now however, I think I may be completely changing my mind. Yes, if jhsukow can get some bargains later I might switch it back, but for now I am picking mcdarsh. Brand, Mourning, and Walton are a great small forward, power forward and center combo with all three making up for each others weaknesses while all playing 90+ D and Oscar might have been the steal of the draft. I am all in on this team!

Edit: I just read on the other forum that mcdarsh is planning on playing Brand at the power forward and Oscar at the small forward. This will completely erase the rebound advantage at three positions that he previously had great rebounding at. Plus, now he barely has any salary for two of his starters instead of one. If he keeps his rotation as planned. I am officially back out on this team. 

2. How important is defense really? The Steve Nash debate.
Nash is an offensive monster, but with 35 D he falls until the third round every year. He gives you almost 40 ast% along with 60+ efg% and 4 usage points. That is first round talent! Unfortunately that 35 scares everyone away. I am of the opinion that Nash is a huge steal in the third round (especially late in the third round), and if you surround him with good defensive teammates (especially the rest of your guards) he can lead a team to a title. I think hoopsdude just got a great deal.

3. Should we rename the third round the point guard round?
Eight (maybe 9) point guards went in this round, the same number as the first two rounds combined. Yes all the big name point guards were gone before the round, but there were still a ton of quality point guard options here. There are a couple bargain point guards left, but if you don't have a point guard by now, you may not like what you end up with from that position.

4. Early favorites?
There are too many really good teams right now with far too many rounds to go. I will reserve judgement at this point.

5. Steals:
Oscar Robertson (61)
Steve Nash (66)

Biggest Steal: Oscar

6. Reaches:
Nate McMillan (56)

11/17/2014 7:36 PM (edited)
4th round

73. iccoachb: Vince Carter
74. banditone: Marques Johnson
75. scudmissle: Carlos Boozer
76. Slymonuim: Clifford Ray
77. tarheel1991: Kyrie Irving
78. benhoidal: Amare Stoudemire
79. hoopsdude: Robert Parish
80. copernicus: Paul Pierce
81. carbonjones: Derek Harper
82. thohoops: Dirk Nowitzki
83. robocoach: Brent Barry
84. mcdarsh: Andre Iguodala
85. amerk1180: Gerald Wallace
86. dh555: Terrell Brandon
87. theyard2: James Harden
88. cjok1051: Jose Calderon
89. vancem: Ervin Johnson
90. seapilots: Wes Unseld
91. eleibowitz: Mark Jackson
92. jkaye24: Kevin Johnson
93. 98average: A.C. Green
94. jcred5: Chris Mullin
95. jhsukow: Shane Battier
96. mikee1: Pau Gasol

Observations:
1. Are all the defenders gone??
Sure, there were a few stud defenders taken in this round, but this round seems to be the one where everyone focused on offense. Everyone stockpiled on defenders early in the draft and are now trying desperately to grab an offensive stud. Is this the best way to go? I don't know. Of the four 50 win teams last year, only two owners had three of their top four picks with a defense of over 70. And, the team with the best record only had two guys on the entire roster with a defensive rating of 70 or more. I guess there are many ways to skin the cat.

2. Where is all the three point shooting? 
I know there are some great bargains in the later round who can shoot threes (last season I had no one who could shoot threes heading into my four sixth round picks and ended up being the best three point shooting team out of everyone), but as of now there are hardly any teams with outside shooting! Three pointers are incredibly important in the SIM (They are worth an extra point!), and I am guessing we are about to see a barrage of shooters in the upcoming rounds (especially the sixth).

3. Previously undrafted players going in the fourth round?
By my count, five previously undrafted players went in the fourth round. I get that at this point, each team has specific needs that might not have fit teams in the previous season, but at least some of these guys (If not all) could have been saved until the fifth or even the sixth round right? It seems to me like you would be much better off taking another player you want in the fourth round who most likely won't be there in the fifth or sixth round, and then nabbing the undrafted player later.

4. Best Player Available vs. Salary
This one is a tough one to balance and can make or break a draft. Say a really good player is still on the board in the fourth round that fits your team perfectly, but he is expensive and if you draft him your bench will suffer. What should you do? I don't really know. I guess I usually go with the best player available (as long as they fit in my team structure). After the fourth round, I usually try to fill out my entire 12 man roster to see how it fits and if I am low or high on salary. Yes, sometimes this backfires as some of those players get taken, but it at least serves as an outline. For example, last season I had filled out my roster with the players I wanted and realized I was a little high on cap. So I turned some of my later players into low usage scrubs that played lots of minutes for their salary. Of course, then one of my other players got drafted so I had to do it all over again! But at least now I had the framework of how many minutes I would need at each position and how much I needed to spend before spending on the scrubs. This question is certainly a tough one.

5. Steals:
Carlos Boozer (75)
Clifford Ray (76)
Brent Barry (83)

Biggest Steal: Barry, slightly over Ray

6. Reaches:
Kyrie Irving (77)
Ervin Johnson (89)
Shane Battier (95)

Biggest Reach: Kyrie

11/20/2014 10:46 AM (edited)
5th round

97. mikee1: Kawhi Leonard
98. jhsukow: Maurice Cheeks
99. jcred5: Nicolas Batum
100. 98average: Arvydas Sabonis
101. jkaye24: Sidney Moncrief
102. eleibowitz: Samuel Dalembert
103. seapilots: Kyle Korver
104. vancem: Anthony Mason
105. cjok1051: Danny Green
106. theyard2: Kris Humphries
107. dh555: Mel Daniels
108. amerk1180: Bobby Phills
109. jhsukow (via mcdarsh): Michael Redd
110. benhoidal (via robocoach): Brandon Rush
111. thohoops: Dan Majerle
112. carbonjones: Rasheed Wallace
113. cp[ermocis: Kenneth Faried
114. hoopsdude: Mark Eaton
115. Robocoach (via benhoidal): Mike Miller
116. tarheel1991: Connie Hawkins
117. slymonium: Al Horford
118. scudmissle: Paul Pressey
119. Banditone: Don Buse
120. iccoachb: Mark Price

Observations
1. 16 players drafted in this round were drafted after the fifth round last year.
I don't know if this happens every year, but a ton of players were taken earlier than they were last year. Is this because they performed so well last year and owners are rushing to grab them? Or because owners made picks last year that busted so badly they need other options? I think it's a bit of both.

2. Only 2 trades this year (and one was a very minor one)
Let's buck this trend next year and have at least 5 trades! Every draft's entertainment level goes way up with trades, and I feel that's what this draft was lacking. So I am putting all my draft picks for next year available right now! Next year if you don't like your draft position or you feel like trading up or down, shoot me an offer!

3. Audience Vote!

4. Steals:
Maurice Cheeks (98)
Samuel Dalembert (102) 

Biggest steal: Cheeks (Best porn name as well!)

5. Reaches
At this point in the draft, everyone has different team needs and so I don't think anyone is really a reach. There are bad fits and owners who don't address team needs, but not really any players I can say certainly shouldn't be drafted in this round.

11/24/2014 2:03 PM (edited)
6th round
121/122. iccoachb: Joe Dumars, Josh Smith
123/124. banditone: Rodrigue Beaubois, Nate Williams
125/126. scudmissle: Andray Blatche, J.R. Smith
127/128. slymonium: Jameer Nelson, Andrew Bogut
129/130. tarheel1991: Sean May, Billy Cunningham
131/132. robocoach (via benhoidal): Tim Hardaway, Al-Farouq Aminu
133/134. hoopsdude: Jamal Tinsley, Omer Asik
135/136. copenicus: Toni Kukoc, Cory Alexander
137/138. carbonjones: Ryan Anderson, Jamario Moon
139/140. thohoops: Willis Reed, Ricky Pierce
141/142. benhoidal (via robocoach): Jon Barry, Jeff Ruland
143/144. mcdarsh: Brent Price, Jason Williams
145/146. amerk1180: Al Jefferson, Dell Curry
147/148. dh555: Carmelo Anthony, JIm Les
149/150. theyard2: John Henson, Greg Anthony
151/152. cjok1051: Reggie Miller, Russell Westbrook
153/154. vancem: Steve Blake, George T Johnson
155/156. seapilots: Tony Allen, Roy Tarpley
157/158. eleibowitz: Kendall Marshall, Dan Gadzuic
159/160. jkaye24: Chris Gatling, Dale Davis
161/162. 98average: Will Purdue, Steve Mix
163/164. jcred5: Mike Dunleavey Jr., Jordan Hill
165/166. jhsukow: Kenny Smith, Elvin Hayes
167/168. mikee1: ?,?

Observations
1. This is the second year in a row someone didn't make their picks!
This astounds me. Even if you know that no one is going to draft the players you want and you will get them anyways, drafting two players here means other people can't use them as undrafted players! Putting two players on everyone else's banned list is a huge deal. 

2. Two top 80 players from last year fail to get drafted
Yes the players were Danny Granger and Emeka Okafor, and they were both reaches at 76 and 80, but I think its funny that players considered in the top 80 one year aren't even in the top 168 the next year.

3. Audience Vote!

4. Steals:
Toni Kukoc (135)
Jon Barry (141)
Jim Les (148)
Steve Blake (153)

Biggest Steal: Blake

5. Reaches:
I don't feel like there are any reaches at this point. Hopefully everyone is drafting based on need, and as everyones' needs are different it is very hard to judge a pick badly.

11/24/2014 2:17 PM (edited)
Predictions:

Atlantic

Second strongest division
robocoach and jkaye24 slug it out for the top spot
vancem takes third and fights hard for a playoff spot
98average and amerk1180 both start out alright, but fall short
banditone struggles

Division Champion: robocoach

Central

The strongest division (although I am of course biased) I don't see one weak team
seapilots, benhoidal, and jcred5 fight for the top spot
eleibowitz, copernicus, and jhsukow fight for a playoff spot

Division Champion: benhoidal

Midwest

the weakest division
dh555, scudmissle, and mikee1 fight for the bye
cjok1051 and thohoops fight for the playoffs (although they fall short)
carbonjones struggles

Division Champion: scudmissle

Pacific

theyard2 and slymonium play for the bye
mcdarsh makes the playoffs
hoopsdude and tarheel1991 miss the playoffs
iccoachb struggles

Division Champion: theyard2

Eastern Conference

4 seed jkaye24 over 3 seed jcred5 in 7 games

Western Conference

1 seed theyard2 over 2 seed scudmissle in 5 games

Finals

theyard2 over jkaye24 in 6 games

These predictions, along with the evals, are just meant for a little fun. Please do not take offense if I rated your team more poorly than you think it should be rated. Every year the person doing these evals gets them mostly screwed up and I expect these will be no different. Most of the recent champions have been panned in the eval sections including last year when I wasn't supposed to make the playoffs. I am sure that this year will offer up plenty more surprises as well. I hope you guys liked reading these as I had a good time making them. Good luck this season guys! With as much parody as we have seen in this great league the last few seasons, we are all going to need it!
12/4/2014 12:41 AM (edited)
Eh, it may have been a reach on Curry.  But I was in the mood to force myself into drafting a different type of squad for this go-round.  And by taking Manu in the second to give myself a deadly backcourt, I'm definitely outside my normal bubble.  I have over 3300 points and over 400 3PM through two rounds, while also not killing myself salary wise like I have in the past. 
11/14/2014 1:17 PM
I loved the Manu pick, and I love Curry. I still think he was a bit of a reach, but I am excited to see what you do with your next few picks!
11/14/2014 1:34 PM
Great format. 
11/14/2014 1:35 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 11/14/2014 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Great format. 
Agreed
11/14/2014 2:01 PM
1234 Next ▸
ODL 50 Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.