ODL 50 Evaluations Topic

eleibowitz: Michael Jordan, Kevin McHale, Andrei Kirilenko, Mark Jackson, Samuel Dalembert, Kendall Marshall, Dan Gadzuric

Michael Jordan. Unfortunately the best player ever doesn't translate into the best Sim player, but he is still of course great. Anyone with 8 usage points and 55% efg is already great, and he adds great D, great rebounding from a guard and good passing. Great number one option. McHale is constantly underrated. 60% efg at over 24 usage is incredible. It's too bad that he is best used at the small forward where he only is at 97%. If only his rebounding was a little better.

Kirilenko is a great role player who brings 100 D and a swiss army knife array of other skills, but I'm a bit confused. Do you plan on using McHale at the power forward? Both McHale and Kirilenko are best suited at the small forward in my opinion. McHale can work at the power forward of course, but if so, you are going to need a stud rebounder (around 30% dreb) in the next round. I'm not sure there will be one available. Mark Jackson adds a ton of ast% at this point of the draft and is a good rebounder. He can't play defense or shoot, and I think you could have gotten him later, but he adds a needed piece for this team. You still definitely need rebounding.

Dalembert adds a stud rebounder who is also very efficient. Looking at your lineup on the commentary page, this looks like a very balanced squad and with the right bench is easily capable of a 50 win season or more.

Overall: I was looking at all the stats for this team and initially loved it. Then I realized that every time Jordan sits, you will be in the usage penalty. Every single time! Yikes.

Actually not true, I have players behind him who are at least 4 usage points and just need to work it a little to make sure McHale is in when Jordan is out.
12/3/2014 7:23 PM
good stuff benhoidal
12/4/2014 8:51 AM
I thought Ben was right, but after two games, doesn't seem to be ANY penalty for Elei.
12/4/2014 10:40 PM
Nah I was wrong. I didn't really take into account that the last two players on his roster have enough minutes to cover for Jordan when he sits. Eleibowitz's team will be tough.
12/5/2014 11:48 AM (edited)
Great job ben. Are you a genius with serious typing skills or independently wealthy with all of the time in the world on your hands or what?
12/5/2014 7:44 PM
reminds me of reading the old Street & Smith or Sporting News previews ... (all we need is the numeric ratings ... )
12/5/2014 8:43 PM
vancem: poor grad school student with average typing skills. Just a basketball junkie and Sim enthusiast.
12/6/2014 8:38 PM
◂ Prev 1234
ODL 50 Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.