1/12/2015 3:48 PM
1/12/2015 3:49 PM
A
1/12/2015 3:52 PM
A
1/12/2015 4:06 PM
I'm with the trend- strong preference for A
1/12/2015 4:13 PM
Well, that makes it 9-0...so we're clear on the outcome.

Should anyone who has not yet voted wish to weigh in, especially if you prefer option B, please do feel free to post. 
1/12/2015 4:44 PM
Meh, I was in favor of B.   Let's say someone was at 75 points, and has five expiring deals.  Now, they could CUT some other players with points left on their deals in order to draft some others, but WHY SHOULD IT BE EASIER FOR THEM?  Cutting players (with existing deals) should come with some risk, and the first few picks in the draft are essentially can CUT some players and re-draft them with lower contract prices.

THAT'S A BAD IDEA.  Make it a risk for them to determine their keepers BEFORE the draft order is set.  It keeps everyone honest rather than giving the early drafters a HUGE advantage.
1/12/2015 11:41 PM
Not sure I see why this is a huge advantage for the teams that draw early draft slots. And I can almost never imagine why it would be in your interest to use your early 1st round pick to redraft a player you had just cut, for a shorter contract...in the process passing up on the best rookies available in the draft. 

One could just as easily argue it's a huge advantage for teams that draw later draft slots - they can comfortably keep players they otherwise would have dropped if they were hoping to draw an early pick.  And, to the extent that teams with early draft picks are cutting more players than they otherwise would, that deepens the draft pool for those with later picks, making those picks even more valuable than they would otherwise have been.

Further, this applies equally to all teams, since everyone has an equal chance of drawing the early picks, so again, I don't see this as giving anyone an innately unfair advantage.

All of that said, I am open to changing this over time.  This entire prog is an experiment - it combines two ideas (completely randomized draft order, limited supply of contracts) that are rarely seen individually in progs (and to my knowledge have never been used together).  I fully expect that some owners will find creative strategic ways to use these rules to their advantage over time.  Should that happen, we always have the option of tweaking rules down the road.  Personally, I'm looking forward to the challenge and to seeing what people do.

1/13/2015 5:20 AM
A
1/13/2015 7:26 AM
◂ Prev 12
No Whining Progressive - Early Edition Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.