D1AA Blog Season 108 Topic

Weekend update is coming around 10:30 EST. Will post link later.
2/15/2015 9:32 PM
Quote OP "I love our battles.  They are hardly ever blowouts and I was disappointed not to get you in conference this season.  Your team should stomp me this year, much like Morehead St did, but I've finally figured out a recruiting approach and am putting you on superficial notice for 2 seasons from now.  My team is just too young this season."

You will catch me just right with your big class in a couple of seasons when I'm at my weakest, so I guess I'll have to think of some sneaky way to win that one lol. We have a great rivalry going and have had from the start, I'm not counting you out this season either because you've presented a challenge for me to figure out and I really like that! If I can't find the reason why you have so much success against me real soon then my glory days will be over lol. Recruiting was a lot tighter this season and if this world continues to fill it will get even more so, and that's when the better recruiters will start to really shine. Cebrake is either the best or one of the best coaches in GD, he is a good choice for the top of your list for COY. I also like some of these coaches that have taken Sim teams and turned them into contenders, I won't name mames but we have a couple in our conference and there are several scattered throughout Wilkinson D1AA.

2/15/2015 9:41 PM
2/15/2015 10:21 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 2/15/2015 9:41:00 PM (view original):
Quote OP "I love our battles.  They are hardly ever blowouts and I was disappointed not to get you in conference this season.  Your team should stomp me this year, much like Morehead St did, but I've finally figured out a recruiting approach and am putting you on superficial notice for 2 seasons from now.  My team is just too young this season."

You will catch me just right with your big class in a couple of seasons when I'm at my weakest, so I guess I'll have to think of some sneaky way to win that one lol. We have a great rivalry going and have had from the start, I'm not counting you out this season either because you've presented a challenge for me to figure out and I really like that! If I can't find the reason why you have so much success against me real soon then my glory days will be over lol. Recruiting was a lot tighter this season and if this world continues to fill it will get even more so, and that's when the better recruiters will start to really shine. Cebrake is either the best or one of the best coaches in GD, he is a good choice for the top of your list for COY. I also like some of these coaches that have taken Sim teams and turned them into contenders, I won't name mames but we have a couple in our conference and there are several scattered throughout Wilkinson D1AA.

Nice pull from our conference message boards Pete.  My defense is starting to come around being as young as it is.  I only target you because you've been the class of the division and all of D1AA at this point.  I'll get you one of the times!  
2/16/2015 3:02 PM
Power rankings are updated, bowlology and bracketology coming later: wepsrn.com
2/16/2015 7:39 PM
Bracketology is updated
2/17/2015 12:20 AM
We are on Spreaker today. 

Show is at 3:00PM EST: www.spreaker.com/user/7821679
2/17/2015 2:28 PM
Try this in two minutes: www.spreaker.com/user/7947346
2/17/2015 3:08 PM
Great show CJ.  I agree that SIU is looking fragile.  I think SLU has to be favored going into the Gateway Conference Championship.  They have performed better against common opponents (although SIU played NIU in the pre-season) and have looked strong in every game, while SIU has just survived by the skin of our teeth.  Even with a loss to SLU, I would expect a 3 seed.
2/17/2015 5:26 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 2/17/2015 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Great show CJ.  I agree that SIU is looking fragile.  I think SLU has to be favored going into the Gateway Conference Championship.  They have performed better against common opponents (although SIU played NIU in the pre-season) and have looked strong in every game, while SIU has just survived by the skin of our teeth.  Even with a loss to SLU, I would expect a 3 seed.
Disagree - SIU is a top 8 team in this division/world.  SIU ran the OOC table vs. 5 solid coaches.  Undefeated and ranked #3 is not fragile.  I am looking forward to the challenge!
2/17/2015 11:59 PM
Again, it's not that they aren't a good team, the argument is over their one seed chances. Their OOC wasn't as easy as other teams but they played 1 maybe 2 playoff teams and there isn't one opponent on their schedule that will garner anything better than a six seed. SIU is also playing the 99th WIS team today and tomorrow will play the 103rd team. So, their SOS is going to look much different tomorrow afternoon than it does now. 
2/18/2015 7:47 AM
Well, we didn't drop, but there are three teams bunch up for those last two one seeds.  If we win the conference I think we'll be on the 1-line, depending on what else happens.  Even with a lose to SLU I think we shouldn't fall further than the 3-line.
2/18/2015 3:32 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 2/18/2015 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Well, we didn't drop, but there are three teams bunch up for those last two one seeds.  If we win the conference I think we'll be on the 1-line, depending on what else happens.  Even with a lose to SLU I think we shouldn't fall further than the 3-line.
Oh, I think you are definitely a 2 seed, maybe even if you lose to SLU. The race for that last 1 seed spot will be very close. 
2/18/2015 3:37 PM
Bracketology is updated: wespn.blogspot.com/p/bacteriology.html
2/18/2015 10:04 PM
Ahhh.. Changed your mind over the Gateway CC, I see. 
2/19/2015 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
D1AA Blog Season 108 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.