D1AA Blog Season 108 Topic

Posted by jc1796 on 2/19/2015 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Ahhh.. Changed your mind over the Gateway CC, I see. 
I don't know what to do with you guys lol. 
2/19/2015 12:41 PM
Guys, I really wanted to do a show today but I am slammed at work and I still have studying. I could squeeze in a show but I know it wouldn't sound good and I won't have time to research it. I will be back tomorrow with our Selection Show. Also, I'll try and give you guys a final bracketology, bowlology tonight as well as preview some CC games. 
2/19/2015 2:16 PM
No problem CJ!  Will look forward to the show tomorrow!
2/19/2015 2:43 PM
Looks like the 1-line is gonna come down to the wire.  The Ivy, Gateway, and Pioneer CCGs will have a lot to do with those 1 seeds.

I think if Drake & SIU win, they stay in the top 4 and lock up those seeds, although if Yale beats Holy Cross they could push their way up.  And if Drake, SIU, and Yale all lose?  I think Jacksonville and maybe UMASS could move up.  Gonna be interesting to see what happens tonight.

2/19/2015 4:49 PM
Bracketology is updated: wespn.blogspot.com/p/bacteriology.html
2/20/2015 12:17 AM
3:00PM EST Selection Show: www.spreaker.com/user/7947346
2/20/2015 2:11 PM
Halftime write-ups are available. Scores are clickable. wespn.blogspot.com/2015/02/halftime-update.html

2/21/2015 9:51 AM
Update to the blog: 

Later today, I will be adding the "Coaches Rumors" page. 

I know that similar pages have been done in the past by other coaches but there really has never been a purpose to it. Instead of focusing on which jobs coaches might take, this will focus more on which coaches might leave their current school. The purpose of this will be to allow you a chance to get the word out that you are considering either retiring or quitting the game for a while, or moving on. This way if you are leaving your school, you can get the rumor out early and try to find a replacement. Hopefully, this will prevent built programs from losing human coaches and becoming SIM-AI dumpster fires. 

So, to generate a rumor about yourself, simply sitemail (or email, [email protected]) me that you are considering leaving your school and I will post it in the blog. I won't post where I think you're going or anything like that. It will just be that you are considering leaving your program and the school will be looking for a replacement. 

If you guys have other ideas for this, or just think it's plain stupid, feel free to sitemail or email me. 

CJ 

2/22/2015 5:25 PM
To the fine coaches at D1AA looking for another challenge, I'll repost my offer from last season:

As a long standing and highly successful coach in D1AA with Hampton, I've developed a great deal of respect for the quality of coaches at 1AA. As such I'm calling the best of you out, right here and right now. Below is an excerpt of my post in the 1AA forum, feel free to go there for the full rambling rant:

2) I'll put out a standing offer to give a gift certificate good for two seasons of WIS Gridiron Dynasty to the first team that ends my run in the WAC by beating us in the conference championship or replaces me in the conference championship by beating us. This offer isn't good if we both go undefeated in WAC play but you get the CC bid because of my murderous OOC schedule and I lose the tiebreaker. I know that there are a ton of great coaches in D1AA and I'm calling you out directly. If I can build a team like this in the WAC, you can too and have me pay for your season(s). This offer applies until I get sick enough of Gator/Outback bowls that I rage quit. It will definitely last at least until Robert Bailey's graduation. If we can get enough good teams into the WAC, I'll be happy to pay and to stay.

So if you have been thinking about moving up to 1A but didn't know where to go or what challenge to accept, allow me to both sweeten the pot and directly challenge your manhood. Come to the WAC and lets build a non BCS conference into a power conference -- I'm tired of fighting the elite powers alone.

2/23/2015 2:09 AM
Coach of the Year Finalists

The Coach of the Year Committee would like to congratulate the following candidates for being named to the 1AA Coach of the Year Finalists: 

cebrake
robby_p
sjurat
jc1796
hitman1979

*You have until 11:59PM on February 26th to submit your vote via sitmail or email: [email protected]. All votes will be forwarded to the committee and a winner will be declared by February 28th. 

2/23/2015 1:23 PM
Coaching Rumors page is up: 

wespn.blogspot.com/p/coaches-rumors.html
2/23/2015 2:12 PM
FYI - In light of the biggest 1AA game in several season, I went ahead and recorded a podcast. Additionally, there will be links to the WISCAST of BOTH 1AA Semi-Final games along with a select few bowl games posted to the blog in the morning. 

Here's the podcast: www.spreaker.com/user/7821679/2-23-show
2/23/2015 11:24 PM
Visit the blog for the WISCAST for big games tomorrow. All games are clickable: wesprn.com
2/24/2015 1:21 AM
I was quite impressed with UMASS' playoff run.  I expected them to get knocked out in the early stages, but they really made a go of it this season.
2/24/2015 2:50 PM
2/26/2015 10:54 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
D1AA Blog Season 108 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.