This is a boring game Topic

I think these are apt comparisons for for atldamt wants and what HBD is more like:

Checkers - Chess
Candyland - Monopoly
Chewing gum - Steak dinner
Masturbation - Sex with a woman

The first column offers instant gratification and immediate action.   The second column requires some work and preparation.  And the result might still be unsatisfactory.

Nothing wrong with preferring the first column.   But it's not what HBD is.   

Sometimes, I'd like games to be played more frequently.  But, for the most part, I miss two of six half-cycles every day.   Sometimes 3.   And everyone isn't on my schedule.  Then, on weekends, I sometimes miss 6-8 half cycles.  Or more.   If you miss 8-10 games and have an injury or two in games 1-2, your pitching staff could be wrecked in 36 hours.  How much fun is that?
2/4/2015 10:48 AM
What am I expecting------- Nothing. The game is what the game is at this point. I have read a lot about why worlds don't fill and how the game could use an up date. I was just posting my two cents. 
2/4/2015 12:42 PM
I know I spend money and expect nothing in return.
2/4/2015 12:48 PM
I can't  wait for atldmat's next day post....    The game is what you make of it.....if you are  lame and make ignorant boring post (like you do) than it will not be fun. I do not know what you expected....but look on the bright side.. as for posting your 2 cents worth... another  1200 post or so....and you will get your value from the game :)  Did you expect a game like OOTP 15 or so....where you hear noise and  see pictures?  I honestly come to the forums to read post , get advice and see what Mike has to say  on his thread. 
2/4/2015 1:36 PM
The game isn't for everyone. I'm sure 99% of my friends and family would find it incredibly dull or too complicated. And that's fine. But there's really not much point in starting a forum post just to complain about it. That's just trolling. Kinda like walking into a bar and telling everyone how much you despise drinking.
2/4/2015 1:44 PM
Posted by atldmat on 2/4/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):
What am I expecting------- Nothing. The game is what the game is at this point. I have read a lot about why worlds don't fill and how the game could use an up date. I was just posting my two cents. 
Soooooooooo......yes or no to joining my worlds and the strip-o-grams then?
2/4/2015 2:00 PM
Posted by atldmat on 2/4/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Fair to say you you got what you expected?

I don't see the problem then.
2/4/2015 2:21 PM
atldmat, I'm thinking you're probably missing the real objective of the "game", which is to to try and figure out a way to "collect the 'best' players" you can to win the most games. It's a mathematical/probability game played out over the course of a few months. It's not a baseball game you play (obviously). i could not begin to tell you how many hours i've spent trying to analyze ratings, stats, trends, streaks, etc. in a vain attempt to "solve" the magic black box that pours our a new result every 8 hours around the clock. The game is a marathon and one of strategy - and luck - and trying to find an edge and tip the dice in your favor is what it's all about. So, if it's moving "too slow" for you that means you're not *really* playing the game fully. You could be pouring over box scores, parsing play-by-play logs, seeing what teams that always win have in common, figure out how much range a CF really needs to be good for you in your world instead of trusting the HBD suggestions, how much splits matter versus velocity for pitchers, etc. etc. etc. The variety of data analytic questions you could ask and attempt to answer could consume your life 24/7 if you let it. But, yeah, if this doesnt sound "exciting" to you, then the game is probably not for you.

The reason there's so many open worlds is probably exactly for what Miket has said in other posts: most of the nerds that would be into this type of thing have likely already been exposed to it by now so you're not going to get many brand new people into it at this point. Meanwhile, lots of people like you have come and gone thanks to promotions, bribery by a friend or co-worker, etc. it's very obvious theres way too many worlds and they need to pare the number down to get more filled.
2/4/2015 10:58 PM
This  is a mathmatician/engineer's game. Truth be told though.....if they came up with a video-game-style 3d replay of the games, along with on-line  real-play game sims while each owner is watching?...That would be totally awesome!
2/4/2015 11:05 PM
2 or 3 good Scotches before you check in (3 times a day), makes for a much more jolly GM.  Give it a try.......
2/5/2015 12:24 AM
The operative word there being "good". 100 Pipers will not work.
2/5/2015 5:07 AM
Day five...... hold the pony express we have a lopsided trade that has to be voted on between innings. My beverage of choice is a strawberry daiquiri. With the umbrella of course.
2/5/2015 5:30 AM
Cool.
2/5/2015 6:10 AM
Posted by moethedog on 2/5/2015 12:24:00 AM (view original):
2 or 3 good Scotches before you check in (3 times a day), makes for a much more jolly GM.  Give it a try.......
Cheers. Also an imagination, something our society has started to erode is required. Or at least some semblance of one. I ./salute you though. I used to play online mmo's and console games. Between work and the family I just don't have time for all of that now. Perhaps you will be in the same position one day too. Being a student of history I love pouring over analytics and stats though.....to me this game gets better every time I learn more about it. That's usually every day.
2/5/2015 9:04 AM
Day six...... and its the same except I put my staff to work. We downloaded the FA signings from last year to see if their were any trends, winners or busts. The paint must be dry. 
2/6/2015 5:31 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
This is a boring game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.