41-5 Home record at the break Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brianp87 on 2/19/2015 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brianp87 on 2/19/2015 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:06:00 PM (view original):
In summation, this is bullshit:  "Both of which I know you don't think are good players."   By playing them season after season, I think I proved I think they're good players. 
Well then I guess if you really think they are good that answered the question as to why you have had seasons like that.
Sez the guy who owes everything he knows to me.   How many questions do you think you asked me?   500?   600?  

And, like most, you became a dick after that. 
I didn't come here to start a ******* match. You know what you did and to as why im a "dick" . Did you answer a lot of my questions hell yes probally more then 600. The reason you won less then 70 games in those seasons is obvious.

I have no idea why you started acting like a dick.   As I said, it happens.   People ask me a bunch of questions, I answer them and, then, when they feel like they've got enough, they act like dicks.   But it's the internet so why wouldn't they?

And, BTW, since you've admitted that I practically taught you the game, don't you think this is pretty dicky:  "I guess if you really think they are good that answered the question as to why you have had seasons like that"?

It wasn't because I felt I got enough lol. Its to long of a story to tell.

It is pretty "dicky" but its the truth.

I wasn't calling you out on the tanking thing it was towards another commish who claimed to be all high and mighty then goes and tanks....I hate that chit. Do what you preach is what I feel.
2/19/2015 6:17 PM
brianp and I have a history in Hamilton.   He got in on my recommendation and that's when I found he had no issue with preying on the unsuccessful/inexperienced.   Didn't sit well with me(I'd fought with the ex-commish for 3 seasons because that's the camp he came from also) so we didn't get along well after that. 

But I don't know what the single thing I did that turned him into a dick.   He acts like I sprinkled Dick Dust on him or something. 
2/19/2015 6:18 PM
For the record I appreciated all the questions you answered for me Mike!    For taking time to do so I want to thank you  :)
2/19/2015 6:22 PM
I guess I didn't teach brianp this lesson.

The game is about finding value.   You have to balance the present with the future.  If no one did, as I said earlier, every payroll would be 140m and no one would utilize amatuer scouting.   Because that would be planning for the future and, if you're balls to the wall winning, that's not your concern.   So, along the way, you have to find "value" players.   Maybe this guy, at 327k, can be 80% of the guy who wants 6.5m.    By choosing the cheaper/lesser player, you can still be competitive, plan for the future or, if you're intent on contending, spend that 6.2m elsewhere.   Somewhere that you'll get more value.

Anyway, with my Mantle team, losing wasn't the goal.   The goal was finding value while cleaning up the mess(I had some expensive older guys) and setting myself up with financial freedom in the future.   None of the three "stars" I acquired during my two down seasons are in the bigs.   Yet I clinched my division a week ago.   Here's who I got during my 65 and 70 win seasons:
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Domingo Manuel   Wish he had better pitches
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Dorssys Prieto  Was hoping he's be a CF.  I think his range will fall short.
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kirt Keller  Might be the best of the 3.   As a 1B/LF/RF though
2/19/2015 6:28 PM
And I gave this guy Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Raul Gonzalez a max deal in S33 because I had the payroll room to do so after my S32 cleansing.
2/19/2015 6:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 6:18:00 PM (view original):
brianp and I have a history in Hamilton.   He got in on my recommendation and that's when I found he had no issue with preying on the unsuccessful/inexperienced.   Didn't sit well with me(I'd fought with the ex-commish for 3 seasons because that's the camp he came from also) so we didn't get along well after that. 

But I don't know what the single thing I did that turned him into a dick.   He acts like I sprinkled Dick Dust on him or something. 
Hamilton was the biggest hypocritical league ive ever seen as is there commish. Its ok for them to do things but when others do it oh chit god forbid. Way to much drama. Your home girl Tropicana was the biggest drama causer i've ever seen. Fyi I didn't prey on anyone it was a fair trade but the elite did not like competition and blew it up from there.
2/19/2015 6:36 PM
And for the record I really don't care if someone tanks as long as they don't call others out on it. Practice what you preach. Mw rules don't stop it.
2/19/2015 6:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Do you believe there's a difference between a team that wins 70-72 games 4 seasons in a row and multiple teams winning 35-50 every season?
You didn't answer this.  Care to?
2/19/2015 6:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 6:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Do you believe there's a difference between a team that wins 70-72 games 4 seasons in a row and multiple teams winning 35-50 every season?
You didn't answer this.  Care to?
I didn't understand the question?
2/19/2015 6:50 PM
What's not to understand?

Did I type in Chinese?
2/19/2015 6:53 PM
So the question is there a difference from one team winning 70 -72 games for 4 straight season and a few teams winning 35-50 every year?

Well yes there is a difference. Are you sure you worded it how you wanted?
2/19/2015 6:57 PM
Posted by brianp87 on 2/19/2015 9:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by frymaster99 on 2/18/2015 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Leagues that have a Minimum Win Requirement for more than one season usually don't have tankers, as long as the owners not meeting the MWR are removed properly. 
In my opinion mw rules are a joke a tanker tanks no matter what. A crap world(imo) is one who's commish tanks.
It was in response to this gem.

If an owner wins 70 games a season, forever essentially, I don't think there's a MWR that will boot him.

If a couple of owners win 35-50 in any given season, they're shown the door by any world with a real MWR.

Do you think it's worse for the world for an owner to be mediocre forever or terrible just once?
2/19/2015 7:01 PM

BTW, I figured out who you were yapping at.   That does look awful rough.   And that's an owner I like.

2/19/2015 7:13 PM
I don't think one is really worse then the other. Let people do what they want as long as they don't preach one thing and practice another.

What is to make of seasons consecutively like this 75-87, 69-93 , 55-107, 65-97, 61-101, 76-86. It may meet the mw rules.

There are as you've pointed out many factors that can cause a person to not win 70 games. In my opinion it doesn't happen unless the person doesn't want it to.
2/19/2015 7:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 7:13:00 PM (view original):

BTW, I figured out who you were yapping at.   That does look awful rough.   And that's an owner I like.

I just don't like hypocrites. He may be a great person I really don't know but it just shows in my opinion mw mean little.
2/19/2015 7:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
41-5 Home record at the break Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.