Big Dick Identical Roster League - full Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by DoctorKz on 3/4/2015 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Yes, we're all in the same boat..

This has me wondering, have their been other identical roster leagues? What if we were to create a league with every team using, say, the '37 Browns? Or 6 similar teams, all 4 owners in a division, using the same team? The X-factor would be used...

Yes, I have run a few "Same Roster" themes.  It's amazing how much variance there is when 24 different people play the same roster (no x-factor).  Usually, I set the roster so there are multiple choices for the starting lineup (for example, I would have two hitters at some positions, i.e., Schmidt or Boggs or Piazza vs.. G.Carter)

3/5/2015 9:02 AM
Sounds like Tommy John was being a total dick.
3/5/2015 1:22 PM
I site-mailed...

This is what we still need:

Util- $200-500k
Util- $200k max salary
Util- $200k max salary

Pitcher- $1-1.5M, 40 minimum IP/162
Pitcher- $750k-1.25M, no minimum IP/162
Pitcher- $200-250k

I think we've spent a total of $64,563,918 so far.    We will spend between and 2.65M and 3.9M on these final 6 players.  Hopefully, the two higher salaried pitchers will be quality, since we have plenty of quantity already.
3/5/2015 4:02 PM
Llcoach will need to repick, his pick is over the 4.5M max for the catcher position
3/5/2015 8:52 PM
No worries, there's still a lot of Dicks out there...
3/5/2015 9:22 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 3/4/2015 10:32:00 PM (view original):
I'm also wanting to bring back the Auction League, which I co-created with Vegas(jose can u c)...you bid on blocks of 3 players, purchased 15 players through the auction, then filled in your remaining players with any player not in the auction. Took some time to build the league, but was a lot of fun...and I'm sure Tagteam will be coming back relatively soon. One of the most competitive leagues we ever had here...you pick a partner, then we have a 25 round draft, both owners field the same roster. Top 4 teams send both owners to the postseason, where they are seeded by their personal win-loss in opposite leagues...
I'll be in the Tag-team league.  I'm gonna need a killer partner, though.  I remember playing with the legendary Ballantine once or twice.  Dennisdee and I partnered up a few times, and he wouldn't let me live down the day that I made a pick a little late because my choir rehearsal ran late.  I was known as the choirboy for a little while.....
3/6/2015 12:14 AM
Mostly I partnered with zackaryl, then sford a time or two. The drafts are a lot of fun. There's quite a bit of competitiveness, especially if one team is dragging the other down in the standings. Blue911 was in the league for a long time, as were sford/shaybee...
3/6/2015 3:41 AM
Is a shame that the draft threads from that league, as well as Rule V, weren't archived.
3/6/2015 3:44 AM
Eventually things spilled over...the forums got so out of hand...guys like big_kahuna were causing so much uproar, the spamming, all the graffiti, admin stepped in, created the Pit, then put an end to all the HTML. This sure was a colorful site...
3/6/2015 3:48 AM
The Big_Kahuna bashing was as much fun as I ever had here. He portrayed himself as a wealthy bar bouncer from South Florida. Posted pics of his beachfront home, pretty wife, and restored '50s Cadillac. We gave him **** 24 hours a day. Told him his wife secretly messaged us, his car wasn't really his, that he would come home from the bouncer gig and jerk off to another viewing of Roadhouse...he'd spam our draft threads, post pics of himself lifting weights on the beach, giving us death threats if we didn't stop talking about his wife...the pic posting in all of those threads were a work of art...my kids thought I was nuts, I would laugh till I cried. There was no limit to our stupidity...
3/6/2015 4:55 AM (edited)
Sorry about the error! Let's go with 1934 Mickey Cochrane for $4,481,757
3/6/2015 5:49 AM
Man the Big_Kahuna posts and bashing were priceless. I was like you Doc, I would laugh for hours at that stuff!
3/6/2015 5:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Big Dick Identical Roster League - full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.