Bug: you can see all of the IFA's at season start Topic

This problem could somewhat easily be solved by having IFAs all appear at once, viewable to all, and having a signing period similar to free agency. Demands, current and projected ratings could all be dependent on IFA scouting. I would suggest that this period take place immediately after the amateur draft.
3/3/2015 12:12 PM
Posted by mal247 on 3/2/2015 3:57:00 PM (view original):
I am only sharing this as I suspect several other savvy owners are also aware of this bug and use it to their advantage.

The IFA's are generated at the beginning of the season. Once the first IFA appears, you can then use that player's ID to view all of the IFA's that you will be able to see that season.

It's definitely an advantage that can be exploited. For instance, if a really good IFA shows up, an owner might decide not to overbid in hopes that a better IFA will show up later on down the road. If you know he's the best you will see that season, you have no problems spending your entire budget.

Here's how it works.

When the first IFA appears, copy and paste the link to his profile into a new browser window. Then add 1 to the player ID. If you get an error message, it means that your scouts couldn't see that IFA. Keep going until you reach the end of the pool (usually 200 or so).
This might be a stupid question, but how do you copy the link to his profile? Right click doesn't seem to work.
3/3/2015 12:13 PM
Control C to copy
Control V to paste
3/3/2015 12:17 PM
Even sadder, I can't figure out where the link to his profile is! Maybe my browser, but probably user error/incompetence.
3/3/2015 12:46 PM
Up at the top of the player card, each player has his own unique web address.  The player ID# is at the end of the text in there.   It will look like this:  http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=3569353
3/3/2015 12:56 PM
You don't even need to copy and paste it. Just to to the web address on the player card, change the last number, and hit enter. The new profile will show up.
3/3/2015 12:59 PM
what  a game changer that is for those involved in the free agent market....  I can see the upcoming  really good free agents....  but  of course I am not in the IFA market in 2 of my 3 worlds...
3/3/2015 1:42 PM
It will be fixed.   It's too big of a bug for them to ignore. 
3/3/2015 1:44 PM
If it gets fixed while somebody knows about it and the rest of the world doesn't, it's a huge problem for the here and now too.  If I get to see it, they fix it and then nobody else sees it, then the fix could be a problem in and of itself.....
3/3/2015 2:22 PM
I doubt it will happen that fast.
3/3/2015 2:42 PM
Posted by arcticlegend on 3/3/2015 12:59:00 PM (view original):
You don't even need to copy and paste it. Just to to the web address on the player card, change the last number, and hit enter. The new profile will show up.
Not sure if it's Chrome or that I'm on a Mac but that is not accurate for me. When I open a player's profile, the link can be copied but cannot be changed in the actual player profile window.
3/3/2015 2:58 PM
Same here with chrome. Easily done anyway by copying/pasting.
3/3/2015 3:00 PM
Posted by silentpadna on 3/3/2015 2:22:00 PM (view original):
If it gets fixed while somebody knows about it and the rest of the world doesn't, it's a huge problem for the here and now too.  If I get to see it, they fix it and then nobody else sees it, then the fix could be a problem in and of itself.....
I posted a link to this thread in my world's forum, I suggest everyone do the same as it will probably be years before this issue is corrected.

I also suspect that I'm not the first person to figure this out.
3/3/2015 3:31 PM
It's worse than all of that.  This has to be fixed now.
3/3/2015 3:39 PM
I can't get the list to appear. Do you just add the 1 after the rest of the numbers?
3/3/2015 3:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Bug: you can see all of the IFA's at season start Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.