It's called trolling.

Keeping a journal of your thoughts is like a forum without any opposing views. I think that maybe what you would prefer. Okay not really, you like this part of the site much more of the simulation.
3/12/2015 4:53 PM
I'm just incredibly competitive, and I absolutely hate to lose. I can understand and even tolerate that sometimes it's not feasible to win every game, but in an ideal setting, that's what happens - I win every game, because I hate to lose.

3/12/2015 8:47 PM
I mean, big ups for honesty and straightforwardness.
3/12/2015 8:56 PM
Dude, rigging games so that you win every time and wanting to ensure victory by playing opponents of the lowest caliber is basically the antithesis of being, "competitive."  Everybody hates to lose.
3/12/2015 10:34 PM
Posted by teamvip on 3/12/2015 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Dude, rigging games so that you win every time and wanting to ensure victory by playing opponents of the lowest caliber is basically the antithesis of being, "competitive."  Everybody hates to lose.
Spot on.  Hating to lose is not being competitive.  Relishing the competition is being competitive.  
3/13/2015 12:33 AM
Posted by getbedarded on 3/11/2015 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by acn24 on 3/11/2015 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Fair enough, I'm just surprised at the amount of discussion that has been generated. If he had said "I like bud light" would there have been as much questioning into why he likes bud light?
Bahahaha nobody "likes" bud light. They just drink it to get hammered. 
Bud Light Mixx Tails... I sampled the Hurricane flavor recently (I'm poor, that's my excuse reason). Drink at your own peril, people.

Does that count as an anti-humblebrag?
3/13/2015 2:38 AM
I disagree. While no one (that I know of) enjoys losing, not everyone *hates* to lose, and certainly not the the extent that I do. There is a grand canyon of difference between most people's dislike of losing and my absolute and total hate of it.

This is WHY I "rig" video games so I don't have to lose. If you hated losing even half as much as I do, then you'd probably understand.

3/13/2015 7:32 AM
Posted by tkimble on 3/13/2015 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Spot on.  Hating to lose is not being competitive.  Relishing the competition is being competitive.  
That's just it, though - I DO relish the competition. I just hate to lose so much I don't see a reason not to win every time if I have that opportunity, i.e. in a video game against the computer.  The video game wouldn't be as much fun if I was frustrated over losing, just like HD would be more fun if I could play only against SimAI all the time in my own private world.

I'm not saying you have to agree with me, I'm just being honest about how I feel on this topic.

3/13/2015 7:36 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/13/2015 7:32:00 AM (view original):
I disagree. While no one (that I know of) enjoys losing, not everyone *hates* to lose, and certainly not the the extent that I do. There is a grand canyon of difference between most people's dislike of losing and my absolute and total hate of it.

This is WHY I "rig" video games so I don't have to lose. If you hated losing even half as much as I do, then you'd probably understand.

"This is WHY I "rig" video games so I don't have to lose"

sorry bis, this kills your 'I like competition' argument. yes, you can hate to lose and love competition, that's a perfectly fair and reasonable position, shared by most on this site I would assume. But if you "rig" games so you don't have to lose, that's not enjoying competition, it's admitting that you can't compete in a fair setting
3/13/2015 8:14 AM

That's not hate you're feeling about losing, it's called fear. Which, whatver, I'm scared of heights. We all got our own demons, just be real about it.
3/13/2015 9:25 AM
Posted by getbedarded on 3/13/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):

That's not hate you're feeling about losing, it's called fear. Which, whatver, I'm scared of heights. We all got our own demons, just be real about it.
This.  Exactly.
3/13/2015 10:51 AM
Posted by milkamania on 3/13/2015 8:14:00 AM (view original):

"This is WHY I "rig" video games so I don't have to lose"

sorry bis, this kills your 'I like competition' argument. yes, you can hate to lose and love competition, that's a perfectly fair and reasonable position, shared by most on this site I would assume. But if you "rig" games so you don't have to lose, that's not enjoying competition, it's admitting that you can't compete in a fair setting
Two points:

First, I never actually consider what I do in a video game to be "rigging" the game. I'm simply playing the game the way I want to play it. There's nothing wrong with playing a game the way you want to play it.  You play whatever way you like, and I'll play whatever way I like. Neither of us has any right to say the other one can't do it their way.

Second, I consider it to be enjoying competition when I play, regardless of the level of my opponent. If I didn't enjoy the competition, I wouldn't be playing.

3/13/2015 12:41 PM
Posted by getbedarded on 3/13/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):

No, I've searched my emotions quite thoroughly and there is no fear present when I lose - only anger and frustration, which breeds into absolute contempt and utter hatred of losing.

If I was afraid to lose, I never would have played this game (or any of those on this site).

3/13/2015 12:43 PM
how old are you?? serious question
3/13/2015 4:46 PM
Seems like what you are doing is more accurately described as enjoying the LACK of competition, just to be honest?
3/13/2015 4:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.