2015 World Rankings Topic

I can say, with confidence, that you can go back 30 seasons and the top 2 worlds are going to be remarkably consistent.
4/1/2015 8:53 PM
I don't care how great your world may have been 2 or 3 years ago. There are a ton of worlds that used to be pretty great that completely fell off.

If your argument is "well my world would have done better if you look at the last 10 seasons instead of only the last 4". To me that says your world has been going in the wrong direction recently, and that is far more relevant than how great it used to be.

HBD, as a whole, has been going through some pretty tough times over the last 18 months or probably even longer. The worlds that have weathered the storm and continue to be good solid worlds in this current climate are noteworthy and relevant to the owner looking to take on another team.

4/2/2015 9:57 AM
Exactly right mchale
4/2/2015 11:20 AM
I'm not sure that Riley (my only world now) would be ranked any higher if you went back ten seasons. Probably lower. Though somewhere close to where they are. Just for me personally, if I was looking for a league, I'd rather be in one that has been consistently solid for ten plus seasons, rather than one that got it's act together for a few seasons and is likely gonna fall apart again any minute. Just a difference of opinion. And of course I'm not adding teams anymore, as I gave up my other teams recently. So my opinion doesn't really matter. :>
4/2/2015 12:00 PM
Why do you think a world that's gotten their **** together over the last 12 months will likely "fall apart again any minute"?
4/2/2015 1:33 PM
Because I'm a pessimist. :>
4/2/2015 4:07 PM
I'd be more inclined to think that they figured out where they went wrong and have righted the ship.   Doesn't mean they won't screw up again but a world that's been in steady decline for the last 2 real life years is probably still in denial.
4/2/2015 4:57 PM
bump
4/10/2015 8:36 PM
Bump
5/5/2015 8:47 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2015 4:57:00 PM (view original):
I'd be more inclined to think that they figured out where they went wrong and have righted the ship.   Doesn't mean they won't screw up again but a world that's been in steady decline for the last 2 real life years is probably still in denial.
I like to think Cal Ripken is in the "righted the ship" category.  We've filled quickly two seasons in a row.  The season before this one, it took us between 48-72 hours, because we gave the owners who missed renewing a 48 hour window to get back in.  This season, we had every owner leaving ready to be replaced immediately upon rollover, and pushed the button in under 12 hours.  We're hopefully on the right track of being a world everyone wants to play in.

Billy Beane, on the other hand, I am having difficulty filling.  Anyone interested?  The teams are all posted in the classifieds.

*whistles innocently*
5/5/2015 6:32 PM
Bumped for vegascowboy
5/26/2015 4:30 PM
Bump.
6/14/2017 12:27 PM
hmm, I wonder which new name is 'mchales_army', I'm pretty sure he didnt 100% walk away from this game.
6/14/2017 4:04 PM
Uecker was not looking good on any of those lists!
6/14/2017 4:15 PM
I would be willing to assist if someone wants to take a stab at this again.
1/16/2018 4:55 PM
◂ Prev 123456
2015 World Rankings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.