Posted by youngruff on 3/23/2015 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Whoa - put myself of trial a little bit with this one!  I don't know, 12-13 mil a year, had another 3B waiting in the wings, that's more money to spend on internationals... yeah, probably a mistake but - eh - I'll deal with it. 

Didn't know about that arb2 thing, thanks!  Won't make that mistake again.
Guys like that, you want to strongly consider paying them the bucks for their arb 2 and arb 3 years, and then let them walk as FA.  You'll get compensation that way.  Whether it will be a late first round or early second round pick (or later) is out of your hands.
3/23/2015 4:42 PM
Give him some slack guys. It's his first HBD season. A rough lesson to learn but someday you will laugh at all of this Youngruff. Welcome to the grind. :)

In the future too, if you mention the arb and the player in the forum you wil get a few trade offers if your plan is to get younger. You won't get a comp pick but you should get a few guys that went in the first round or were big IFA's.
3/23/2015 4:44 PM
Posted by 98greenc5 on 3/23/2015 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Not to mention you are playing .450 ball through 50 games with a $28M payroll.

I don't know why you went immediately to "rebuild" mode, but that mentality has been a topic on the forums for years
Seems like you can rebuild with a 25 y/o player. 
3/23/2015 6:51 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.