CELEBRATING NET NEUTRALITY - PICTURE CONTEST! Topic

What is Copyright? 

The following is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you need legal advice, contact a lawyer. 

Copyright law protects original creative works, such as software, video games, books, music, images, and videos. Copyright law varies by country. Copyright owners generally have the right to control certain unauthorized uses of their work (including the right to sue people who use their copyrighted work without permission). As a result, certain images and other copyrighted content may require permissions or licenses, especially if you use the work in a commercial setting. For example, even if you have permission to use an image, you may need additional permission to use what is in the image (e.g., a photo of a sculpture, a person, or a logo) because someone else’s copyright, trademark, or publicity rights might also be involved. You are responsible for obtaining all of the permissions and licenses necessary to use the content in your specific context. 

However, even copyright-protected works can be lawfully used without permission from the copyright holder in certain circumstances. The Wikipedia entry on copyright law contains a useful overview of copyright law, including fair use and other exceptions to copyright law. 

Are all creative works protected by copyright?

What about “fair use”?

What happens if I upload copyrighted materials to a Microsoft site or service without permission from the copyright owner?

What if my stuff is on a Microsoft site or service without my permission?

How can I find content to use?

Do I have to disclose where I got content from?

What if I don't want my website crawled?

3/27/2015 8:55 PM
I can't post new pictures under net neutrality.

I can't post pictures of cats.

This makes me sad.

crusty bronx will now post old pics.  

3/30/2015 8:06 PM (edited)
3/30/2015 6:54 PM
CELEBRATING NET NEUTRALITY - PICTURE CONTEST! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.