One possibility, and I'm just throwing ideas out, is that he found a kid with a bunch of high potentials, scouted him with a D1 team to see if they were high/high, and the recruit started considering him when he didn't intend for that to happen.  A D3 kid being recruited by a D1 school would almost assuredly start considering him even with that minimal amount of effort.  I've had D1 international players start considering my low level D1 team at Maine with only like 4 scouting trips and it's a ***** to get them off my considering list if I don't want them.  Possible something like that may have happened here?
4/4/2015 11:35 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 4/4/2015 10:33:00 PM (view original):
I'm wondering if a D1 school can even sign a kid with an overall rating < 400.  Unlike D2 and D3, your AD at D1 can actually prevent you from signing kids that aren't good enough for your program.  So even though the kid is considering a D1 school, I think it's fairly unlikely he'll actually be able to sign him.  
I doubt the AD would "allow" that kid to be signed, which makes it even stranger that the D1 school would be on them at all.  The two I saw were both freshmen also, so it's not like it's a JuCo carry-over.
4/4/2015 11:36 PM
And considering the two in question (or at least the two I could find), there's no way a D1 coach who was legitimately trying would EVER recruit a player like that.
4/4/2015 11:37 PM
The OP looks like he's right to me, it does look VERY odd.  The two usernames don't "seem" to have any connection, well any obvious one anyway, but that doesn't mean that they aren't connected somehow.  It seems more than a bit strange.
4/4/2015 11:39 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/4/2015 11:37:00 PM (view original):
And considering the two in question (or at least the two I could find), there's no way a D1 coach who was legitimately trying would EVER recruit a player like that.
It looks like one human, with two teams D1 and D3.  Uses the D1 cash to scout, and pays for FSS.  Looks like a cheat!

My grandmother raised me and she used to say if it quacked like a duck, and looked like a duck, there is a pretty good chance it is a duck!  Been around a long time, and that is a very common trick a user with multiple teams uses.  I say hang him, and make an example of him.....AND make him forfeit the better of his teams.
4/5/2015 4:46 PM
Good think I am a little drunk and willing to F with this guy.
4/5/2015 6:10 PM
Even better is that Yanks (who probably didn't have a bottle at easter dinner) decided to do it for me!
4/5/2015 6:11 PM
the more the merrier lol
4/5/2015 6:26 PM
If it's the guy I think it is, he's going after nine centers?
4/5/2015 6:44 PM
I am the resident collusion expert here, someone sitemail me the particulars as I am in Knight.  Thanks :)
4/5/2015 6:48 PM
I'm curious to know what owner it is. I just hope I don't have any of the two in my divisions.
4/5/2015 7:33 PM
Colonels19 I sent you a site mail. I may be nothing but see what you think.
4/5/2015 8:23 PM
Posted by cmac4567 on 4/5/2015 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Colonels19 I sent you a site mail. I may be nothing but see what you think.
Sweet Pete, don't asking him what he thinks....he'll start to believe people give a crap about his opinion.
4/5/2015 9:05 PM
All 6 of the DIII recruits are being considered by the same DI school? That is very odd. The it's not even good collusion. That team has 11 openings you would think he would have some two year players on hold for the DIII program. With money for six openings he should be able to get some decent freshman. Jucos almost always cost more money

Yup just odd
4/5/2015 10:53 PM
So Yanks over there at Oklahoma St. feels he needs to come in on all my recruits now like it was me cheating so I'll be sending a ticket for him also. Not sure what I did for him to do this to me kind shows what kind of guy he is though.
4/5/2015 11:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.