Remember when..... Topic

Posted by mrhands17 on 4/10/2015 11:55:00 PM (view original):
I remember when you used to be able to win Amazon gift cards fairly regularly before anyone even knew what Amazon was!
Those were definitely the days. When you had to make a run on the gift cards as soon as they were in stock because they didn't last long and stayed out of stock for six months at a time.

My fondest memory as I explained in detail to the Leahy SEC chatboard, was winning Auburn's only NC in any world in the very last season of GD 1.0. Then quitting less than 3 seasons into 2.0. But hey, back now and back at Auburn in Leahy, all good.

Also sup ebel. We are seeing some old faces come back. I took 30+ seasons off but in a lot of ways the game is like old times again.

5/20/2015 9:55 AM
Posted by lyonzfan37 on 5/20/2015 8:26:00 AM (view original):
Punting less than 10 times a season

Wondering which RB was the blocking back

Getting mad at every loss
Playing in Warner DIII CC and going up against the NJAC

Playing OOC tournaments with other conferences

Getting pounded by lyonzfan with that superhuman running back, what was his name?
5/20/2015 7:08 PM
Im loving this thread.

One found memory for me was hooking up with Chalvorson to build and test Air Raid offenses in 2.0 with all Shotgun.  The theory was that since everyone was fighting for RB's each recruiting cycle, we would just skip them, and use the money to recruit the best WR/QB combo's and then hammer defenses that were built to stop the run first.  It worked well for a time even though we never brought home a NC.  Fun times.

My first job was at McMurry (I think) back in 2007.  I remember waking up at 2am just to try and snag a team because the waiting lists went quick.  My first season was a travesty and I had no idea what to do until I started reading the forums.
5/21/2015 10:53 AM
Haha yes, I too remember waking up to apply for jobs in the middle of the night!!!
5/21/2015 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 123
Remember when..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.