Posted by strikeout26 on 7/2/2019 7:18:00 PM (view original):
MikeT left because of a dispute with customer service (new ownership).
Translation: Admin wouldn't bow down to him anymore and let him play by his own rules
7/4/2019 2:46 PM
Admin needs to bow to somebody because they sure don't know what the hell they are doing.
7/6/2019 10:33 PM
Gleeman left HBD four seasons ago. We have since re-branded Gleeman World 2 to Moneyball, and the world has thrived since his departure. We have a large group of experienced owners who are not afraid to speak against a lopsided trade. We also have a strict MWR, which has increased the level of competitive balance. Cash trades are still allowed, and that's part of what makes this world unique.

We have rolled without wait in each of the last four seasons, and we've even built a wait list. Which leads me to this shameless plug: If you're interested in joining this much-improved, Gleeman-free world, we're happy to add you to our list: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=513231
7/10/2019 9:19 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/4/2019 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 7/2/2019 7:18:00 PM (view original):
MikeT left because of a dispute with customer service (new ownership).
Translation: Admin wouldn't bow down to him anymore and let him play by his own rules
The old guard allowed owners to be replaced before the season ended so that new owners could get a head start with their new franchise. That also meant that the departing owner would not have that final season's result on their profile record. The new guard expressed concern over recordkeeping and stopped allowing it. Not sure it's a hill worth dying on but who's to say.

Nick knows what he is doing so I wouldn't hesitate to give Moneyball a try.
7/11/2019 12:13 PM (edited)
I was just curious if anybody knew why these vet owners left. I don't necessarily miss them. I also understand needing a break from the grind of the sim. I just don't understand why a veteran owner would leave a World after 40+ seasons without telling anybody why. I have built some decent rapport with fellow owners and think I would tell folks that I'm leaving and maybe give a reason as well.

We just lost another owner in Dirt who was there since the beginning of the World. No word whatsoever, just peaced out.
7/13/2019 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 123456

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.