Critical news debate Topic

Posted by peder on 5/9/2015 8:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 7:58:00 AM (view original):
Provide your proof that, in 17 days, worlds won't fill.   Thanks in advance.
Provide proof that they will. Its all speculation at this point. I'm bringing up risks.
Bad worlds fill slowly, good worlds fill quickly.   I predicted this would happen 7-8 years ago.    It still holds true.   It will hold true at the end of May. 
5/9/2015 8:02 AM
My proof is the two world I commish have waiting lists.   Not one owner in either world has complained about the updates and I fully expect to lose 0 owners because of the updates.    Because they are quality worlds with quality owners.
5/9/2015 8:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 8:04:00 AM (view original):
My proof is the two world I commish have waiting lists.   Not one owner in either world has complained about the updates and I fully expect to lose 0 owners because of the updates.    Because they are quality worlds with quality owners.
I'm glad to hear it. It doesn't negate the customer service issue. I have one league that generally fills quickly and one that doesn'tdoesn't (the second one I worry about a little though it does have a good core). My core issueissue is the customer service piece. When you roll out a major update that is targeted at a group of people who have paid to play your game for years, it is a simple courtesy to make them simpleable to adjust before spending another $100.
5/9/2015 8:09 AM
Peder sounds like somebody who would sue McDonalds if they changed the special sauce recipe for the Big Mac.

If you don't like the "new and improved" product, you don't have to buy it.  Go to Burger King and eat a Whopper for lunch instead.
5/9/2015 8:13 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 8:01:00 AM (view original):
As one of the first 0 ADV owners, I don't feel spit upon.   I don't feel they had a level of disdain for me.    Maybe I'm just not sensitive to updates to simsports games.
First, you were a main requestor of this change - so of course you don't feel spit upon. Secondupon, the change itself I think is FANTASTIC - I just don't like that they explicitly said we're not going to allow customers to adjust to the change immediately when it rolls out.
5/9/2015 8:14 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/9/2015 8:13:00 AM (view original):
Peder sounds like somebody who would sue McDonalds if they changed the special sauce recipe for the Big Mac.

If you don't like the "new and improved" product, you don't have to buy it.  Go to Burger King and eat a Whopper for lunch instead.
The metaphor would be more appropriate as follows:

For years, I got fries with my Big MacMac. The fries were free so I took it. Now they are telling me that I have to get a smaller Big Mac because I took those "free fries" for so long - its only fair. BS- you were giving the fries away! I didn't ask for them!
5/9/2015 8:18 AM
They said that because they knew that would be the first whine, err, request.    Get it out of the way.

You go looking at cars with the wife.   You know she'll want the Ferrari.  You say "We're not getting a Ferrari" on the way because you don't want to discuss it, ad nauseum, when you get there.
5/9/2015 8:19 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 8:19:00 AM (view original):
They said that because they knew that would be the first whine, err, request.    Get it out of the way.

You go looking at cars with the wife.   You know she'll want the Ferrari.  You say "We're not getting a Ferrari" on the way because you don't want to discuss it, ad nauseum, when you get there.
I don't understand why it is not considered a reasonable request
5/9/2015 8:21 AM
Posted by peder on 5/9/2015 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 8:19:00 AM (view original):

I don't understand why it is not considered a reasonable request
Why do they NOT want owners to be able to adjust?
5/9/2015 8:22 AM
I don't feel angry, disrespected, sad or anything else. I do feel annoyed that admin seems to want to keep what 4 of the 9 budget categories actually control a secret and I'm not sure I am willing to spend $100 figuring out that for myself. I kind of expect any game I play to at least let me know what the basic rules are.

Keeping development patterns murky. Understand it support it think its about time. Keeping the amount of fuzziness of projections quiet based on what you spend. I'm all for that as well. Wont tell me what 4 of the 9 budget choices actually do. Sorry don't even see a valid reason to do that.
5/9/2015 8:24 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 5/9/2015 8:25:00 AM (view original):
I don't feel angry, disrespected, sad or anything else. I do feel annoyed that admin seems to want to keep what 4 of the 9 budget categories actually control a secret and I'm not sure I am willing to spend $100 figuring out that for myself. I kind of expect any game I play to at least let me know what the basic rules are.

Keeping development patterns murky. Understand it support it think its about time. Keeping the amount of fuzziness of projections quiet based on what you spend. I'm all for that as well. Wont tell me what 4 of the 9 budget choices actually do. Sorry don't even see a valid reason to do that.
Interesting perspective - I had never viewed it that way but think you have a great point
5/9/2015 8:26 AM
What I need from admin is just an explanation: why not allow owners to adjust budget more than $4mil? Sallow
Let me know I'm not just donating my next $100 to your pocket for no reason.
5/9/2015 8:30 AM
Honestly I'm not even upset about not being able to adjust more than 4 mil. Just tell me what the damn thing does. I'll take the penalty if that is the intention, I don't think it is BTW, but there seems to be no good reason to keep what 4 budget categories do a damn secret.
5/9/2015 8:36 AM (edited)
Posted by crickett13 on 5/9/2015 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Honestly I'm not even upset about not being able to adjust more than 4 mil. Just tell me what the damn thing does. I'll take the penalty if that is the intention, I don't think it is BTW, but there seems to be no good reason to keep what 4 budget categories do a damn secret.
Seems reasonable
5/9/2015 8:46 AM
About this discussion this morning:

What if there's nothing TO adjust to?

As I said before, I have been told what to expect, told that I should think about increasing ADV scouting, and told that I can only do so by 4 million dollars to start with.

When this thing kicks in, and I put that 4 million dollars in, what am I going to SEE happen that tells me that I should keep increasing ADV because now it means something?  Because if I don't SEE how it works, why would I keep doing it?

The Staff post says a bunch of things that will change but NONE of them explicitly say "will force you to use ADV"... they only IMPLIED it.

We've come to a sort of consensus that asks one question, WILL ADV NOW BE TIED TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE OTHER SCOUTING CATEGORIES?  Which is a concept which MikeT23 first prospected, but which Admin has neither confirmed nor denied.

IMO until we know that, this discussion is going in circles.

5/9/2015 8:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.