Hoops Dynasty Maps (All Divisions) Topic

This is a tool I like.   Under 'options' enter the # of miles (300, for example) and the location (Lexington, KY).   It'll draw a circle 300 miles around Lexington. 

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm
6/22/2015 10:41 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 6/22/2015 10:41:00 AM (view original):
This is a tool I like.   Under 'options' enter the # of miles (300, for example) and the location (Lexington, KY).   It'll draw a circle 300 miles around Lexington. 

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm
oohh thats something i've wanted !!!  thanks
6/22/2015 2:09 PM
brilliant , except now everybody will know about my best kept secrets in recruiting
6/24/2015 10:28 AM (edited)
Here's a fun quiz to kill some time and lower your productivity: How many different teams could a coach have in a single world while still maintaining compliance with the 1,000 mile rule?  

Please provide your list of teams.  
6/24/2015 12:37 PM
Posted by rogelio on 6/24/2015 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Here's a fun quiz to kill some time and lower your productivity: How many different teams could a coach have in a single world while still maintaining compliance with the 1,000 mile rule?  

1. Any Alaska team
2. Any Hawaii team
3. UC-San Diego
4. Puget Sound
5. North Dakota
6. Houston
7. Maine, Presque Isle
8. Coastal Carolina
9. any Puerto Rico team

That's the best I can do. 
6/24/2015 1:32 PM
I can get nine teams with the following configuration...

Alaska-Fairbanks, Hawaii Pacific, Seattle, UC-San Diego, North Dakota, Abilene Christian, Maine-Presque Isle, East Tennessee St. (if they're not in the game, Appalachian St. works as well...) and Puerto Rico-San Piedras. 
6/24/2015 1:41 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 6/24/2015 1:33:00 PM (view original):

1. Any Alaska team
2. Any Hawaii team
3. UC-San Diego
4. Puget Sound
5. North Dakota
6. Houston
7. Maine, Presque Isle
8. Coastal Carolina
9. any Puerto Rico team

9 is right and there are a bunch of variations, but I think Houston, TX & Conway, SC don't work together by 1 mile (depends on which side of town they are), but substituting Kingsville, Corpus Christie or UNC Wilmington would guarantee it works.
6/25/2015 2:06 PM
Posted by rednu on 6/24/2015 1:43:00 PM (view original):
I can get nine teams with the following configuration...

Alaska-Fairbanks, Hawaii Pacific, Seattle, UC-San Diego, North Dakota, Abilene Christian, Maine-Presque Isle, East Tennessee St. (if they're not in the game, Appalachian St. works as well...) and Puerto Rico-San Piedras. 
Excellent.  You both worked West to East.  I don't expect that it can be pushed to 10.  I used: 

Presque Isle, Alaska (choose one), Hawaii (choose one), Puerto Rico (choose one), San Diego (choose one), but then went Miami, FL, Butler, Texas A&M, Corpus Christie, & Gonzaga.   That's 9.
6/25/2015 2:17 PM
Posted by rogelio on 6/25/2015 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarvolon on 6/24/2015 1:33:00 PM (view original):

1. Any Alaska team
2. Any Hawaii team
3. UC-San Diego
4. Puget Sound
5. North Dakota
6. Houston
7. Maine, Presque Isle
8. Coastal Carolina
9. any Puerto Rico team

9 is right and there are a bunch of variations, but I think Houston, TX & Conway, SC don't work together by 1 mile (depends on which side of town they are), but substituting Kingsville, Corpus Christie or UNC Wilmington would guarantee it works.
Good call, I forgot CCU was in Conway. My cousin goes there and tells people it's in Myrtle Beach (because that's the nearest city people have heard of, that's where the local paper is, etc). But you're right, switching to Corpus Christi makes it work no problem. 
6/25/2015 2:54 PM
I would love if someone did this...but they have to keep a daily blog of what its like to run them all. 
6/25/2015 2:57 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/25/2015 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I would love if someone did this...but they have to keep a daily blog of what its like to run them all. 
I cannot imagine hoe hellish recruiting would be with nine different teams to track. 
6/25/2015 6:17 PM
I would take the bullet and do this experiment,  the kicker is I would just need to be funded by everyone wanting to see this,I already have a ton of teams.
6/26/2015 1:35 AM
Nah. You have to wait for another freehd promo. The site usually does it around the tourney, but makes sure not to publicize the fact. Take a 2/day world and start with a team or two and add the other 7 ID during the promo.

Not worth doing without the blog, but that does make it risky that someone will get irritated and try for the block.
6/26/2015 10:21 AM
It seems the CUNY is missing from the D3 map.  Dont know any other conferences yet missing, idk if I am doing it right but it looks like there might be a limit on data inputs?
8/31/2015 5:15 PM (edited)
That's an interesting set of maps. Does anyone know if there is a comparable set for GD? Thanks.
5/10/2017 2:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Hoops Dynasty Maps (All Divisions) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.